da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I like it. It looks like the boss for some reason but I freaking love it

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
honestly a mustang is a mildy long nose short rear 2+2 coupe with broad shoulders has been for a long time, and after almost 100 years of cars and so many different designs it is gonna be difficult to make it not look like any of the other long nosed sport coupes but not be "retro" and if you ask me the 10+s197 is the best design if you look at the performance of the chassis, passenger compartment design etc, couldnt bring myself to like the 05-09, liked the sn-95 and new edge but the chassis and passenger compartment were horrible. with the focus, escape, and fusion on global platforms ill bet the mustang will have similar design, but structure and wheelbase will be closer to the s197. thats just my .02

kingnut

Established Member
I'm 38 years old. Have had 3 S197's, 2 New Edge Cars and a couple of Foxes.

I like the current design, but I would like to see the next car be less retro and more modern. The key will be the dimensions: I don't want see a smaller car that weighs the same. I want to see a smaller car that comes in at 3,200-3,300 lbs max. I want to see better fit and finish, and a more upscale interior. A dual clutch auto is a must as well.

Give us a direct injected 5.0 making 480 HP, NA, with a 7 speed dual clutch auto, weighing in at 3,300 lbs max, big brake package with IRS and a 50/50 weight distribution. For that, I'd be willing to sell the Boss. I would consider such a car even if the base price was $44-46k for a GT.

GT500/Cobra, they should offer a twin turbo variant of the DI 5.0 making 650 HP, AWD and the dual clutch auto. It should weigh no more than 3450 lbs. Make it smoke a 911 turbo in the 1/4 mile. 10.50's in bone stock form and 28 mpg highway. Price it slightly above the current GT500. Call it the "Cobra Jet" Mustang and retire the GT500 and Shelby name to the current gen cars.

The car I describe would probably be impossible to market for 30-35k though. Ford has to decide what demographic they want to sell cars to. If they want to attract younger people, the car needs to stay affordable, if they want to continue to attract guys my age who want a little more than the current offering, and are willing to pay for it, are there enough of us to take a chance of moving the car upmarket a little bit to continue strengthening the brand? I'm glad I don't have to make these types of decisions.

Whatever you smoked before you wrote this post... PASS THAT SHIT!! I want to be this high and live in dream land. Out of all that typing you didnt make one valid point.

svt1111

Established Member
Whatever you smoked before you wrote this post... PASS THAT SHIT!! I want to be this high and live in dream land. Out of all that typing you didnt make one valid point.

Haha, no problem. "drives a manual and understand how to use his parking brake". With a signature like that, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Lol

kingnut

Established Member
Haha, no problem. "drives a manual and understand how to use his parking brake". With a signature like that, I wouldn't expect you to understand. Lol

you and your 46k base priced GT wouldnt.

pack018

Established Member
How is looking too much like a Aston a bad thing.. That's like someone telling your wife looks exactly like Maila kunis..

pack018

Established Member
idk maybe it's just me but I'm more concerned about the specs than the styling. I cant wait for the HP figures, weight, trans, suspension and IRS setup. I know Shelby would be trying something different too, if they do a 600hp-650hp Twin Turbo I'm sold regardless of the styling. In my opinion, regardless of the styling issues you have to admit it's about time they reengineer the whole car. Its like what your parents always said " it's what's inside that counts"

pack018

Established Member
I'm 38 years old. Have had 3 S197's, 2 New Edge Cars and a couple of Foxes.

I like the current design, but I would like to see the next car be less retro and more modern. The key will be the dimensions: I don't want see a smaller car that weighs the same. I want to see a smaller car that comes in at 3,200-3,300 lbs max. I want to see better fit and finish, and a more upscale interior. A dual clutch auto is a must as well.

Give us a direct injected 5.0 making 480 HP, NA, with a 7 speed dual clutch auto, weighing in at 3,300 lbs max, big brake package with IRS and a 50/50 weight distribution. For that, I'd be willing to sell the Boss. I would consider such a car even if the base price was $44-46k for a GT.

GT500/Cobra, they should offer a twin turbo variant of the DI 5.0 making 650 HP, AWD and the dual clutch auto. It should weigh no more than 3450 lbs. Make it smoke a 911 turbo in the 1/4 mile. 10.50's in bone stock form and 28 mpg highway. Price it slightly above the current GT500. Call it the "Cobra Jet" Mustang and retire the GT500 and Shelby name to the current gen cars.

The car I describe would probably be impossible to market for 30-35k though. Ford has to decide what demographic they want to sell cars to. If they want to attract younger people, the car needs to stay affordable, if they want to continue to attract guys my age who want a little more than the current offering, and are willing to pay for it, are there enough of us to take a chance of moving the car upmarket a little bit to continue strengthening the brand? I'm glad I don't have to make these types of decisions.

Couldn't agree more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Twin Turbo Shelby.. btw Ford has a Contract with Shelby til 2020 I believe.

Redlynx

Established Member
IMO this looks pretty damn good.

attachment.php

All 2015 Mustang renders / chops compilation - 2015+ Mustang Forum (6th Generation) - Mustang6G.com

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That one looks like a Maserati Gran Turismo to me. Has some good lines but overall I don't like it too much.

chuckstang

Established Member
Are some of you retarded? Why should Ford style a Mustang based on anything but the 65-71? That is what people know and love and recognize and call Mustang. It is the same thing with the 911. The styling on that has changed even less than that of the damn Mustang over the years and people still love and buy it! If it aint broke, dont fix it! Ford will never be able to sway the "younger" buyers because they are into IMPORTS plain and simple. They are not interested in real american V8 muscle. Also, Id rather see the Mustang die as a real Mustang then become a Probe, ahhhh I mean Fusion and die that way. Stay true to yourself!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Are some of you retarded? Why should Ford style a Mustang based on anything but the 65-71? That is what people know and love and recognize and call Mustang. It is the same thing with the 911. The styling on that has changed even less than that of the damn Mustang over the years and people still love and buy it! If it aint broke, dont fix it! Ford will never be able to sway the "younger" buyers because they are into IMPORTS plain and simple. They are not interested in real american V8 muscle. Also, Id rather see the Mustang die as a real Mustang then become a Probe, ahhhh I mean Fusion and die that way. Stay true to yourself!

Nothing in your post made any sense whatsoever, it was the exact opposite of the truth lol.

The Mustang has already undergone multiple complete redesigns while visually the 911 really hasnt. It has been an evolution for the 911 which is nothing like what the Mustang nor very few other cars have ever gone through. 65-71 has already been done... And then it was rehashed again and you want to do it once more?

Younger buyers only buy imports because the majority of younger buyers don't make enough to buy a new Mustang. The cheap imports young buyers love don't have 420hp 5.0l in them that gives the Mustang much of it's appeal and drives a lot of its sales, but with the addition of a turbo 4 and hopefull an affordable price along with a sleek new design, you really think that's going to turn off young buyers? If they can get it for the price of a BRZ then they're going to be all over it!

It's mindsets like yours that will end up killing the Mustang off as it will grow old looking, recycling the same old design and people will get bored and look for something more fresh.

twistedneck

Established Member
Nothing in your post made any sense whatsoever, it was the exact opposite of the truth lol.

The Mustang has already undergone multiple complete redesigns while visually the 911 really hasnt. It has been an evolution for the 911 which is nothing like what the Mustang nor very few other cars have ever gone through. 65-71 has already been done... And then it was rehashed again and you want to do it once more?

Younger buyers only buy imports because the majority of younger buyers don't make enough to buy a new Mustang. The cheap imports young buyers love don't have 420hp 5.0l in them that gives the Mustang much of it's appeal and drives a lot of its sales, but with the addition of a turbo 4 and hopefull an affordable price along with a sleek new design, you really think that's going to turn off young buyers? If they can get it for the price of a BRZ then they're going to be all over it!

It's mindsets like yours that will end up killing the Mustang off as it will grow old looking, recycling the same old design and people will get bored and look for something more fresh.

I'm tired of the world car thing - the only people its good for are folks OUTSIDE of north america who do not have our tastes (i.e. china). Do really want another example of a 'Buick' Chinese market dictated designs? Hell no, we want a Mustang that's 100% north american in every way, and i promise, the new Mustang is trying hard to do that but it simply can't if you want to sell it in China for huge $. Take your new world car, even if its nice its built for the taste of the hoards, do you really want that?

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'm tired of the world car thing - the only people its good for are folks OUTSIDE of north america who do not have our tastes (i.e. china). Do really want another example of a 'Buick' Chinese market dictated designs? Hell no, we want a Mustang that's 100% north american in every way, and i promise, the new Mustang is trying hard to do that but it simply can't if you want to sell it in China for huge $. Take your new world car, even if its nice its built for the taste of the hoards, do you really want that?

If it means a better car then yes! The car will still have the same DNA of everything we want in a Mustang. The 5.0l, IRS, 6 speed... all still there. And they're not focusing this car on China, but mostly all the other markets that have a love for the Mustang like Europe and Australia.

chuckstang

Established Member

Id rather the Mustang die off than become some new world car that no longer appeals to people like me (a true blue blood Mustang enthusiast)

Why not just make a 2 door version of the Fusion and call it a day. For example the Altima and Altima 2 door. Ecoboost 4 cylinder in a 2 door Fusion

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
keeping in mind that the mustang will always remain a front engine V8 powered RWD 2+2 with a long nose and short tail, what's the worst case scenario? because i'm having trouble figuring out how they could make me not like a car with that combo. it's always gonna keep the focus of adding HP before handling when designing the car(I.E., it's not gonna turn into a BMW 3 series where 400HP costs $65k).

north america will ALWAYS be the largest market for the mustang, and as such it'll be designed first and foremost with the north american market in mind. quit your whining people!

Users who are viewing this thread