2014.5 Ford Mustang Revealed (Jalopnik)

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
Got an email about the two lucky guys who got to see the 2014.5 Ford Mustang and I'm completely relieved that it's nothing like the Evos concept. Supposed to be available in V8, Ecoboost and 4 cylinder but as this is all just speculation at this point. What do you guys think? Link to article below.

Jalopnik Article

Last edited:

VictorySong

Established Member
I was really hoping Ford would ditch the retro styling. It looks like a new front end stuck on a retro body. Ford really needs to ditch the 60s. Modern muscle car fans are making their own version of the "good old days" we don't need Ford to push old products on us; Very disappointed.

VictorySong

Established Member
You are seriously the only person I have seen or heard say that. I completely disagree with you.

:dw:There are more than a few people on this very forum that were talking about how played out retro styling is. I'm not from the 60s and after extensive experience in driving muscle cars from that era I'm damn glad I wasn't. I'm all about Gran Nationals, STIs, Skylines, Supras, Foxbodies, SN95 Cobras, and 4th gen WS6 Trans Ams.

These new retro cars are so fake it is sickening honestly. Ford needs to let it go or Mustang will end up like Cadillac when its buyers die off, literally. The EVOs was a great concept and would be a good direction for Ford to go with the mustang. How many times do you guys think they can remake a 69/70 Mustang before people get sick of it? We've had the "tribute":xpl: since 2005, lets move on. If they want to keep selling a rehashed tribute car why not save some coin and do something, ANYTHING, with Lincoln so we don't lose another great brand while keeping the refreshed stang for a few years?

Mustang needs a departure from its past just like Cadillac did with the V series cars. I also would like to see Shelby's name removed from SVT's Cobra. GT500s were slow as balls back in the day and don't impress anyone with hands on experience with the 60's/70's muscle cars. The Boss 429 was a far superior car to what Shelby could ever dream of producing on the stang platform.

Turbosnake281

Established Member
I hope they go more futuristic, I want our cars to get locked in the time capsule, especially ending the years with the throwback retro style

Snkedriver

Established Member
It's time to move on from the retro style to the Evos concept. To bring in younger buyers they need to make a change.

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I wouldn't say it's really "retro" styling. I mean, it's a Mustang for God's sake. If they were to take all the Mustang styling out of it from years past people would be up in arms it looks nothing like a Mustang. Granted, changes are nice. But it still better have the recognizable lines of a Mustang.

908ssp

Established Member
I won't look like that. That is not even close to what the two guys who have seen it are reporting.

ViciousJay

Established Member
fordevosconcept123456.gif

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
I won't look like that. That is not even close to what the two guys who have seen it are reporting.

huh?

Jalopnik said:
Jalopnik reader Slacks put this rendering together based on how those two people on AllFordMustangs.com described the as-yet-unrevealed car. It is the best rendering of the next Mustang that we've seen. Slacks based his design on this excellent rendering by Josh Byrnes for CarScoop.

whitemustang

Follow the lines
Established Member
Look like Ford is not doing the retro design but bring the element into the new modern design. From a person on another forum allfordmustangs.com . He saw the car in person concept during opinion group. I hear this from couple other people on the internet saying simliar things. The car is the same size. Not smaller. Look like modern Aston Martin with Ford evo like front end. Sound like the car is nice looking. More high class. Sond like there is a basic v6, option to upgrade to turbo 4cyl, and v8. Car has a manual 6 speed or a shiftable on the steering wheel 6 speed automatic. Here picture of the closest thing redering there saying it look like.
http://cdn.speednik.com/files/2012/10/mustang-rendering.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread