2013 Paxton 5.0 vs Challenger Hellcat

RSbeast

Established Member
Nah I have the driver mod, trust me. It's not me, it's the garbage mt82 and garbage stock clutch. So much as touch 7k rpms and clutch pedal is toast. I'm shifting at 7300 now with the Paxton. Only way to shift the car on stock clutch is by massaging it in each gear. Before the Paxton I went 11.8 at 115 with x pipe and tune which is quicker then the average joe from everything I've seen

Sorry. I know people don't like to hear that; but it is what it is.

This is from someone who's clutch loves to stick to the floor and the worlds hardest factory limiter sans an old sn95. So much as a touch past 6000 and my shit falls on its face. Keep your foot in it and stab/pull. I'll not give up an inch.

I just don't believe in those who don't touch the clutch; that will break shit in a hurry.

jleews6

Established Member
Nah I have the driver mod, trust me. It's not me, it's the garbage mt82 and garbage stock clutch. So much as touch 7k rpms and clutch pedal is toast. I'm shifting at 7300 now with the Paxton. Only way to shift the car on stock clutch is by massaging it in each gear. Before the Paxton I went 11.8 at 115 with x pipe and tune which is quicker then the average joe from everything I've seen

I probably should have said it different when I was talking about shifting it. I didnt mean to make it sound like it was you because I know these M82s have problems shifting.

RSbeast Years ago I had a guy tell me that he shifted without touching the clutch.:rollseyes I told him that if he could pull the transmission ( a top loader in my Boss 302)out of any gear with his foot to the floor I would give him 100 bucks. He tried like a fool and it never happened.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member

Since it seems so much speculation is in order for your car going down to a claimed stock hellcat and after watching the video it's obvious the race was lost with shifting I will speculate some. You basically just incriminated your car for under achieving with what you wrote. You have a claimed horse power of 680, not a pulley and mod setup, just a hp claim... okay cool we all love a good dyno queen and a hero pass... so back to the real world of actually racing on the street where a dyno and it's number don't win races. Your car gets beat, you blame the trans and the clutch (stock, coming to that point in a few) but in reality / speculation your stock clutch, on the street with a real load on it isn't holding up to the power and your trans not shifting is a product of you going cheap and not putting a proper clutch in the car to hold the power it's capable of making, you know since all that comes together in a working unit to make a car go, not just one but all. The hellcat is very impressive for stock, your car with a proper clutch and you being able to "driver mod" it like you say should have no problem taking this car down. However, in the current state, your car is slower than a stock hellcat.

clean92lx

Established Member
Since it seems so much speculation is in order for your car going down to a claimed stock hellcat and after watching the video it's obvious the race was lost with shifting I will speculate some. You basically just incriminated your car for under achieving with what you wrote. You have a claimed horse power of 680, not a pulley and mod setup, just a hp claim... okay cool we all love a good dyno queen and a hero pass... so back to the real world of actually racing on the street where a dyno and it's number don't win races. Your car gets beat, you blame the trans and the clutch (stock, coming to that point in a few) but in reality / speculation your stock clutch, on the street with a real load on it isn't holding up to the power and your trans not shifting is a product of you going cheap and not putting a proper clutch in the car to hold the power it's capable of making, you know since all that comes together in a working unit to make a car go, not just one but all. The hellcat is very impressive for stock, your car with a proper clutch and you being able to "driver mod" it like you say should have no problem taking this car down. However, in the current state, your car is slower than a stock hellcat.

In due time a clutch will come. I don't have but maybe 2k miles on this new setup and clutch wasn't an issue when I was on nitrous or when I was na as I didn't have to take rpms past 6900. Now with the Paxton I can't shift that low or I won't be making full hp or boost. Kinda like putting a boss intake on an na car and shifting at 6900...you just can't do it or you're not gaining much

Edit: and my car is far from a Dyno queen. Been to the Dyno twice in two years and have over 37k miles on the clock

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
Just to give you guys an idea that think I can't drive, here's what shifting looks like when not dealing with high rpms and garbage stock clutch. In the second race you can see the nose of the car has very little down time in between shifts. Below 7k rpms and you can bang gears all night long

http://youtu.be/PZOEXkNIfqY

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
This is Jerrods car. The same one in ALL the other videos. Not once has this car ever had a nitrous charge thrown at it even after all the other cars its beaten. Now it beats a Paxton 5.Bro and its not stock?? Lmao

Think back to that hellcat vs the world video. How many races was that? You guys think he has a 100lb nitrous bottle back there? If he were running a shot he wouldnt have lost to the cars he lost to.

I personally told him if the Paxton was an stick shift he has a chance but if it were an auto he would lose. This race was lost completely due to slower shifts. It's painfully obviously in the video imo.

Had a stock Hellcat at State Capital Raceway in Baton Rouge today. Guess he should've used the magical gasoline. 11.3 @ 127?????????? Weather was pretty much ideal.

BTW, is this the same black Hellcat that ran 10.4 @ 133? Not hating on the Hellcat, as I like the direction much more so than the GT350. But it doesn't add up. If this particular car ran a stock 13/14 GT500 it would put football fields on it.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Think back to that hellcat vs the world video. How many races was that? You guys think he has a 100lb nitrous bottle back there?

Got a pretty good laugh out of that, but it makes sense.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Just to give you guys an idea that think I can't drive, here's what shifting looks like when not dealing with high rpms and garbage stock clutch. In the second race you can see the nose of my car has very little down time in between shifts. Below 7k rpms and you can bang gears all night long

http://youtu.be/PZOEXkNIfqY

What's it run at the track?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Look at that puff of smoke out the exhaust (1:09) after he hits it. Stock cars don't usually so that. Hmmmm the car seems like it jumps hard after the initial hit.

absolutely... I saw the puff of smoke too then it proceeded to put lengths on the 5.0.

My guess is he's spraying. Looked to jumpy to be stock. Spraying with a standard tranny. Plus puff of smoke. JMO.

Similar HP but 1000 lbs less. My grandmother could've been shifting and it shouldnt've made a difference. Guys think logically. In order for the Hellcat to win this race, as to me it pulled the entire time it would need at least 780ish to the ground. Sprayed and thus the reason they're running race fuel and not 93. Dodge didn't make some 3rd timing parameter to allow for race fuel. It has total advance just like any tuner does, say 21*. It's not going to magically jump to 25-26* because it's not seeing knock, it's not built into the factory parameters. Or maybe Dodge has a magical ECU that can just add timing to whatever fuel is being used. If so the Hellcat would be a beast on 90% Nitro.

youre right... the math just doesn't add up assuming stock Hellcat.

You need a driver mod; but he sprayed your ass that last run.

last run was a beat down for sure... seemed like obvious squeeze to me on that run.

what pulley and what rear tire? Are you wastegated? Also what gears?

You were shifting very slow in the vids sorry... any advantage you had was immediately lost on the shifts...

Sure as hell hope I have my gopro when I get my shot at a HC.

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
In due time a clutch will come. I don't have but maybe 2k miles on this new setup and clutch wasn't an issue when I was on nitrous or when I was na as I didn't have to take rpms past 6900. Now with the Paxton I can't shift that low or I won't be making full hp or boost. Kinda like putting a boss intake on an na car and shifting at 6900...you just can't do it or you're not gaining much

Edit: and my car is far from a Dyno queen. Been to the Dyno twice in two years and have over 37k miles on the clock

Few years back a member and friend on here ran his 5.0 hard as shit NA and on spray, went 6.9 @ 99 iirc on a 100 shot and tire mt82 car. Swapped to a Paxton, made 711 on meth and couldn't keep a clutch in the car and swapped auto. His car was trapping 106-108 with the auto and putting down not even 600 hp iirc through the auto, same boost setup. My point being, the stock clutch and added power isn't helping you at all and in all honesty probably leaving ALOT on the table.

Said mentioned auto car came around my whipple cobra in the 8th after I treed him bad and my car was trapping 102-103 in the 8th and 129 in the 1/4 on the blower, making lower 600's on a DJ. So, your car running correctly shouldn't have an issue with a Hellcat from a roll, speed shifting with a good clutch. Bad clutch = this video.

Joewee500

Established Member
Nice death. So you lost the $100? That was the bet right. I definitely won't be picking a fight with a hellcat unless it's a dig and it's on stock tires.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Either way both cars are badass. Can't wait till February 21st, installing my Paxton 2200 and getting it tuned!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Had a stock Hellcat at State Capital Raceway in Baton Rouge today. Guess he should've used the magical gasoline. 11.3 @ 127?????????? Weather was pretty much ideal.

BTW, is this the same black Hellcat that ran 10.4 @ 133? Not hating on the Hellcat, as I like the direction much more so than the GT350. But it doesn't add up. If this particular car ran a stock 13/14 GT500 it would put football fields on it.

The white Hellcat went 10.4. I think the black one ran either high 10's or low 11's at 129 with a tire. I believe he ran 126 on stock tires.

Users who are viewing this thread