2013 Paxton 5.0 vs Challenger Hellcat

o2gt

Established Member
I agree with you. Typically I dont think much about these videos. but this was just reckless, and the two drivers should be ashamed of them selfs. this is no better than drunk driving. todays cars stock and modified are just to fast to be doing things like this. Yes i did some street racing when i was much younger and looking back im so thankful that noting went wrong. Im sure someone will try and tell me they are always carful and what great drivers they are, or how their car is set up for it. guess what it does not matter. you never as good as you think you are. you have no control over what other motorist will do or the guy your racing. it takes one thing going different than you think it will to devastate many lives.
Im not trying to highjack this thread. I love the cars and what they can do. But if no one on this forum would condone a drunk driving video if it were posted, then i think we all need to take a step back and evaluate how we look at this.
clearly both drivers have the means to take this to a private track event.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Makes me wont a hellcat even more taking out a FI 5.0 is sweet and doing it stock to lol.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I agree with you. Typically I dont think much about these videos. but this was just reckless, and the two drivers should be ashamed of them selfs. this is no better than drunk driving. todays cars stock and modified are just to fast to be doing things like this. Yes i did some street racing when i was much younger and looking back im so thankful that noting went wrong. Im sure someone will try and tell me they are always carful and what great drivers they are, or how their car is set up for it. guess what it does not matter. you never as good as you think you are. you have no control over what other motorist will do or the guy your racing. it takes one thing going different than you think it will to devastate many lives.
Im not trying to highjack this thread. I love the cars and what they can do. But if no one on this forum would condone a drunk driving video if it were posted, then i think we all need to take a step back and evaluate how we look at this.

Then STFU. You have no room to be talking or getting on your high horse.

kaz109

Established Member
Way do much traffic for these runs to take place. Find a safer spot where you only risk your own lives

kaz109

Established Member

Racing on the street and going in and out of traffic like they did in this vid is completely different. If you don't understand the difference than you shouldn't be racing.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I agree 100%! Lord know's I've done some dumb things street racing in my life. Cars now are so much faster. There comes a point when you realize just how dangerous it is. When you are splitting cars traveling 70+ mph slower than you... That is something bad just waiting to happen. Take it somewhere really quiet or to the track!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Is 11.3@127 not good or something? Today was cool temps but i know you know it gets much better than today. Ive raced in 30* temps and -1000+ da at NPR plenty of times.

No its not the 10.4 hellcat. That car is from south tx. This ones from Houston. The one and only thats been street racing like crazy.

I highly doubt this paxton would put football fields on a Trinity. Even the owner is saying the clutch is holding its full potential back.

Imagine that the race between the HC & C7Z never happened. Now imagine this car racing a C7Z and losing in the same fashion. Would the world be crying the Z had a shot? Id imagine not. Fact is though this very same HC beat a C7Z. A Z that trapped 129 minutes before the race. The HC is a more than worthy competitor. Its not like it lost to a bolt on 392. Lol

Had this Paxton been an auto or had a good clutch im pretty damn sure it would have won.

No the weather wasn't mineshaft, but it was damn good. I can't see the car at SCR picking up 6mph with 10 degrees cooler. He may pick up ET with DR's or slicks, but typically with a better 60ft you lose MPH, not gain. It ran what it ran, and it wouldn't pull a 680rhp 5.0. Both my stock GT500 and CTSV ran in similar air. Would I magically pick up to 11.5 @ 125 with race gas and tires? Think this through logically.

A 680 hp car got pulled by the "Houston" Hellcat. Let's say the Paxton GT is only able to put down 630ish and yet still got beat by a car that significantly outweighs it. We can agree on that? It would be ugly for a stock 580hp GT500 against a Hellcat(like a Trinity GT500 racing a 3v), yet based on everything we've ever known about power/weight and drag racing calculators it should be a drivers race? Also not sure what aero tricks Dodge maybe using, but it has the frontal area of my dad's 1985 Ramcharger. It just doesn't add up. It maybe that factory freak that is putting down 750rwp?

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
I asked. He said he didnt know. One things for sure, it isnt stock. Lol

And by the looks of it neither is the Hellcat hanging with bikes like he did. Either way it doesn't matter, its a very fast car, it would just be nice if people come clean with what they have done.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
How much torque and area under the curve does the 5.0 make, that may be your problem. Hellcat has a nasty powerband and not once does it drop out of it with that 8spd transmission.

paluka21

Established Member
Hanging with bikes isn't unbelievable. A large guy on a small bike with weak skills is a win for a 650whp car.

It's not unbelievable, but I'd be a little surprised if a stock Hellcat could hang with what appears to be a CBR750cc, even with a guy who appears to be plump on the bike. You ever driven a street bike and punched it from a roll? Even a 600 it takes quite a bit to hang with them in a roll race.
But again, not saying its not possible as evident by the video, I just wonder if there is anything done to the Hellcat. If not, then that's great.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
I used to ride. With a passenger my bike felt like it was down 50hp. If it was a liter bike that was getting beat I'd be calling BS on the stockness of the Hellcat but given this situation of unknowns I'd say the Hellcat is not a car to be taken lightly.

o2gt

Established Member
So the fact that I did something 10 years ago and now realize was not only unsafe for me to do, but was also very selfish since i put other people in danger precludes me from now expressing my new point of view? I hope you dont have kids because after they do something stupid that you did in the past, you will have to remember to stay off you hight horse and just STFU.

RSbeast

Established Member
No arguments there. Lane splitting like that is retarded dangerous.

Trans might suck but I don't think Id be using your lambo race to show drivers skill. I could make a sandwich in your 1-2 shift; which is about the only discernable one made.

boostaholick

Established Member
Weather it's stock or not. Im just glad to see the challenger has gotten into the game finally, I always loved the looks of them over all the other new "retro" cars..

Users who are viewing this thread