2013 Paxton 5.0 vs Challenger Hellcat

cb900f

Established Member
This guy claims it's stock, and that it is just a factory freak. Knowing what the 5.0 puts down, I'm not sure about that. Thoughts?

[video=youtube_share;f82Bd2dqjF8]http://youtu.be/f82Bd2dqjF8[/video]

sonicblew

Established Member
Thoughts i have, thats a fast dodge. if that blown 5.0 is a high 10 low 11 car (typical of blown 5.0) im surprised the dodge pulls on it that hard and in stock form.

cb900f

Established Member
Not sure if he wants me to post that. He knows about this post. He can put that info in here. But is over 600rwhp.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Look at that puff of smoke out the exhaust (1:09) after he hits it. Stock cars don't usually so that. Hmmmm the car seems like it jumps hard after the initial hit.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
IDK, would any of you risk running even a small shot of nitrous without a tune? Not me. There now have been several Challengers dynoing 665+RWHP. He didn't have any passengers either. This car is a 10.50 car with just tire. From a roll, there are not going to be any traction issues for the Hellcat. I bet you run him from a dig and it would look quite different, assuming he did not have DRs. He could have an exceptional factory car, not enough of them out there to gauge whether that is true or not. We have seen factory freaks before. I thought you did quite well, neck-and-neck.

clean92lx

Established Member
There are some rumors going around the local Houston racing scene but since they're still rumors, I won't speculate

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
There are some rumors going around the local Houston racing scene but since they're still rumors, I won't speculate

If the dude is running a small shot and race gas to offset any problems with the ECU, then he is a liar and will now have a shitty rep and we know the internet does not like liars. IDK though, wouldn't someone have blown the whistle? I hate liars, just admit what you have, period.

woopow

Established Member
My guess is he's spraying. Looked to jumpy to be stock. Spraying with a standard tranny. Plus puff of smoke. JMO.

gazim

Established Member
thats not a stock hell cat... and who doesn't have drag radials with anything over 450 hp? lol

and that 8 speed auto is going to do that against a car that isn't power shifting.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
The car is not jumping around, it appears that way when YOU shift, because your not power shifting. The HC is running through a 8 speed auto. You basically are getting the jump out, but the HC trans is making up the difference every time you shift.

Now rather he is bone stock or not is just another debate in itself. No way to tell with the HC being new, and the fact the car does run hard. Plus from a roll with DR, that car is going to move out. Though I do wonder....if your at 680 and weigh 3500 what do you run in the quarter ? You should have pulled a little harder on the HC I would think..but then again its roll racing...If your a 10.9 car on the track, your about a mid 11 sec car on the street. The HC is about the same....so from a roll, it may not be that much difference and as I said, the HC trans is making up the difference..

jleews6

Established Member
You can see the Mustang pulls harder then the Hellcat its just that he looses everything on the shift and then the hellcat makes it up and gains momentum.I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mustang MPH a little better at the track. Shift that Mustang with your foot in it and shift it faster and it would be a different outcome.
The hellcat is still a very fast car and when mods start its going to be even more of a monster.

stangfreak

Established Member
Like it was stated in other threads. You can't always determine a roll race by what your car does in the 1/4. You can calculate all you want. At times, it doesn'tt work. This race does seem odd to me though. Heavier car and it's stock. So they say.

If that hell cat is stock than there is a new terminator on the streets and it's going to hurt a lot of feelings.

My car makes 710 rwhp with a twin screw. If it beat that 5.0 with a centri blower, which IMO is better than a twin screw from a roll, my car is toast. The 5.0 even though is making similar power than me is faster than my car bc of his blower setup.

Btw my buddy is buying a hell cat so. Once he gets it, we will race and put up a video. Stock HC vs 2.9 whipple cobra at 22 lbs of boost. We will see how my car will do and we will all know that the car will be stock. No games

stangfreak

Established Member
You can see the Mustang pulls harder then the Hellcat its just that he looses everything on the shift and then the hellcat makes it up and gains momentum.I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mustang MPH a little better at the track. Shift that Mustang with your foot in it and shift it faster and it would be a different outcome.
The hellcat is still a very fast car and when mods start its going to be even more of a monster.

Valid point. IMO, turbos and centri cars both need an auto to really shine.

Users who are viewing this thread