2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

S8ER01Z

Established Member
this thread was never about the car. it was about people thinking that when they buy a car, they are buying respect.

The funny thing is I agree but only in opposite spectrums. Lol. The car garners respect, anyone thinking they get respect from the car is probably an egomaniac to begin with.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
The funny thing is I agree but only in opposite spectrums. Lol. The car garners respect, anyone thinking they get respect from the car is probably an egomaniac to begin with.

my point exactly. The CAR garners respect, not it's owner...

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
see post #270

Gotcha, Terminators get respect..no need to ask there :beer: The car's hype has led some owners to take it a alittle far. I can understand what's being said here. But I'm also nearly 40 and have had mine paid off for years so I'm sorta use to it an all I guess.

holzmach

Established Member
it is funny how both cars are great and everyone knows that, but human nature makes us feel that one has to be better than the other. the debate shows that they are both awsome cars, and at the end of the day, they both have their place.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
it is funny how both cars are great and everyone knows that, but human nature makes us feel that one has to be better than the other. the debate shows that they are both awsome cars, and at the end of the day, they both have their place.

:bored:

Ukfox89

Established Member
What he means is "yeah I'm hung up on my new car, and can't see past it, and I think it's the best Mustang, and car ever made so there is just no way a 2K Cobra R is faster than a 03/04 Cobra."

Many times when people get fast cars they like they fool themselves into believing that it's the fastest thing out there, and nothing can beat it, or even compete with it when that is actually the farthest thing from the truth. Terminator owners suffer greatly from this problem as a whole.

TRUTH right here.

but how many peopel consider a pulley swap on a cobra stock or modded? i would consider it stock. lets face it......an exhaust and CAI doesnt make a car moddifed in my eyes. A lot of cars including daily driver shave CAI, maybe not exhaust but CAIs

Jroc

Established Member
TRUTH right here.

but how many peopel consider a pulley swap on a cobra stock or modded? i would consider it stock. lets face it......an exhaust and CAI doesnt make a car moddifed in my eyes. A lot of cars including daily driver shave CAI, maybe not exhaust but CAIs

I don't agree. A pulley is a huge mod for a Terminator. Simple maybe, but the gains are huge. Exhaust mods and CAI mods also gain big #'s with both cars. My pulleyed Cobra made 483 WHP for example with only a 2.93" pulley, Prochamber, FIPK,Magnaflow CB, and excellent tune. I actually lost quite a bit of power, and 30 lb-ft when I replaced my Magnaflow mufflers with some M55's. My pulleyed Terminator was much faster than a stock Terminator.

BTW someone said $1000 for all those mods. BS. Are you using stolen parts? Even if you do smart budget mods you are likely going to be spending $1,200+. Even buying quality used parts you'd do good to build a CB, midpipe, CAI, pulleyed, dyno tuned Terminator for $1,000 especially if you go with a smaller pulley than a 2.93", and have to use an auxiliary idler.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't agree. A pulley is a huge mod for a Terminator. Simple maybe, but the gains are huge. Exhaust mods and CAI mods also gain big #'s with both cars. My pulleyed Cobra made 483 WHP for example with only a 2.93" pulley, Prochamber, FIPK,Magnaflow CB, and excellent tune. I actually lost quite a bit of power, and 30 lb-ft when I replaced my Magnaflow mufflers with some M55's. My pulleyed Terminator was much faster than a stock Terminator.

BTW someone said $1000 for all those mods. BS. Are you using stolen parts? Even if you do smart budget mods you are likely going to be spending $1,200+. Even buying quality used parts you'd do good to build a CB, midpipe, pulleyed, dyno tuned Terminator for $1,000 especially if you go with a smaller pulley than a 2.93", and have to use an auxiliary idler.

I agree...pulley on an 04 is def a big mod due to HP increase. The great thing about it is a tune and pulley can do that.

I mentioned 1500 earlier and maybe you were thinking that, didn't see a 1000 post. Even 1500 for those mods is a little cheap for the parts and 2000 might have been better if not 2500. -Shane

Ukfox89

Established Member
so your basing the mod on how much power it makes? so what if you had a built short block with stock eaton and everything, and the built short block, for example like an MMR shortblock only gave you a 10-15HP increase over a factory block, but you have more potential with the MMR shortblock. you have spent thousands and dont have much of a power increase. so what your saying is that wouldnt be a "heavy or modded" car at all? a few hundred dollar pulley, despite the power increase in my eyes is not a modded car. you have hardley changed anything about the car.

Jroc

Established Member
I agree...pulley on an 04 is def a big mod due to HP increase. The great thing about it is a tune and pulley can do that.

I mentioned 1500 earlier and maybe you were thinking that, didn't see a 1000 post. Even 1500 for those mods is a little cheap for the parts and 2000 might have been better if not 2500. -Shane

No, no not you. I know you to be a seasoned, and knowledgeable Terminator owner. It's post# 234.

Jroc

Established Member
so your basing the mod on how much power it makes? so what if you had a built short block with stock eaton and everything, and the built short block, for example like an MMR shortblock only gave you a 10-15HP increase over a factory block, but you have more potential with the MMR shortblock. you have spent thousands and dont have much of a power increase. so what your saying is that wouldnt be a "heavy or modded" car at all? a few hundred dollar pulley, despite the power increase in my eyes is not a modded car. you have hardley changed anything about the car.

Boss a mod is a mod. If you are adding stuff to increase performance you are modding the vehicle. Is a TS a mod on a Terminator? It's basically an expensive bolton you could say. Obviously you have to do some fuel system, and MAF upgrades, and get a good tune, but some people peg the MAF and need to upgrade injectors or what not on pulleyed Terminators also, and you are going to want to get a pulleyed Terminator tuned if you are wise. My pulleyed/bolton car didn't require these supporting mods, but some Terminator modded similarly do end up needing them. Different from car to car. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread