2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

srtsir

Established Member
Or this
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY0xp6aifU&feature=related"]Stock 2011 Mustang GT 1/4 mile - YouTube[/nomedia]

Jroc

Established Member
And I had a 97 cobra, then an 04 that I bought new and modded. Went 12.62 @ 111 stock with me driving it, not Evan Smith. So they are capable of mid 12's stock. And we weren't talking about track cars, so from a roll the Cobra would beat an 00R. You quote 390/390 hp for the 03/04's but that is about what they were putting to the ground. Realistically they were more in the 420-430 range.

Looking your kicking basic 03/04 Cobra knowledge to me. Yes 03/04 Cobras are some mean/raw/pissed off bitches. They gave a big **** YOU to LS1 4th GEN's. Still they barely break into the top 5 of best performing factory Mustangs of all time.

How do you know what a stock Terminator will do against a stock 00 Cobra R in a roll? Have you tried it? Have you seen it? I'm sure in the right conditions with the right driver a 00 Cobra R is faster than what most magazines tested them at also. For all I know a 00 Cobra R could be an underrated car from the factory also. It has a hyper, high compression 5.4 with a 7,500 rpm redline who's heads flow exactly like a FGT/GT500's heads which easily outflow a Terminators heads, and it has a big badass Intake manifold along with some other very good parts made by companies like Borla, B&M, McLeod, Eibach, Bilstein, Recaro, Brembo, BFG, etc and I feel sure it would hold it's own just fine with a Terminator from a roll both cars being stock.

Last edited:

19935.slow

Established Member
00R quicker than an 03/04? I think not. Better handler, yes. Full suspension, rear seat delete, no a/c or radio, and only a wing an SRT4 owner would love. $20K more expensive, if you could get one at sticker.

At it's time of production it was the baddest Mustang made. It brought respectibilty back to Mustang lost from 96 on in 2v platform, and even the 4v N/A cobras were really a step behind the boys from GM.
My neighbors intake, tune, exhaust, and a solid swap for drag racing 00r ran 11.30 at 120. I don't think they should be compared, but since it's the internet and we are doing it, the R is faster mod for mod.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngw1iKd8wNc&feature=plcp&context=C335202bUDOEgsToPDskI0Br2U3ER6Z-5uMrVmfXr9"]2000 cobra r doing doing work! - YouTube[/nomedia]

Like I said they shouldn't be compared though.

Jroc

Established Member
Yeah what?

What he means is "yeah I'm hung up on my new car, and can't see past it, and I think it's the best Mustang, and car ever made so there is just no way a 2K Cobra R is faster than a 03/04 Cobra."

Many times when people get fast cars they like they fool themselves into believing that it's the fastest thing out there, and nothing can beat it, or even compete with it when that is actually the farthest thing from the truth. Terminator owners suffer greatly from this problem as a whole.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
What he means is "yeah I'm hung up on my new car, and can't see past it, and I think it's the best Mustang, and car ever made so there is just no way a 2K Cobra R is faster than a 03/04 Cobra."

Many times when people get fast cars they like they fool themselves into believing that it's the fastest thing out there, and nothing can beat it, or even compete with it when that is actually the farthest thing from the truth. Terminator owners suffer greatly from this problem as a whole.

Well neither of them are new. The Cobra R is a purpose built track car, just like an FR500. It should smack production cars around a race track. Unfortunately it is not quicker in a 1/4 than an 03/04. A 07-09 GT500 is quicker than both. A 10 is quicker than the 07-09's, and 11-12's are quicker than 10's. The 13 will trump all.:rockon: What else do you need to know?

I've contemplated purchasing an 95r or 00r, but realize it would only be for future collector status, as neither have anything for the current Mustang offerings, as far as perfomance.

Jroc

Established Member
Well neither of them are new. The Cobra R is a purpose built track car, just like an FR500. It should smack production cars around a race track. Unfortunately it is not quicker in a 1/4 than an 03/04. A 07-09 GT500 is quicker than both. A 10 is quicker than the 07-09's, and 11-12's are quicker than 10's. The 13 will trump all.:rockon: What else do you need to know?

I've contemplated purchasing an 95r or 00r, but realize it would only be for future collector status, as neither have anything for the current Mustang offerings, as far as perfomance.

I have decided that to get facts straight we should consult people with experience with both cars so I have posted a thread in the 00 Cobra R section and asked people who have owned both to comment on the subject.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...tock-2k-cobra-r-03-04-cobra.html#post11361066

Hopefully we can get some reply's and honest answers to the subject of which car will out accelerate the other when both are stock. I'm already pretty sure a 00 Cobra R will slowly pull on a Terminator though.

Last edited:

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
From everything I have ever read they would appear to be damn close stock vs stock in a quarter mile. Very close in both power and weight.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
i love how this tread has turned into 30/04 cobra vs world

Hey man...not trying to be disrespectful to you, but just curious why you have all this hate for the 03/04 Cobra. Is it the car you have a problem with or is it the people who own them.

Just saying, if you dislike Cobra owners(agreed, they can be cocky), than maybe you could redirect your negative comments to them and not towards the car. Maybe you could take a step back and really look inside yourself and see what it really bothering you.

The 03/04 Cobra was and still is a great car. For the price and its ability to be modded for little money and make great power, it is an awesome car. It demands respect no matter what you feel about it. Just my opinion.:beer:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Hey man...not trying to be disrespectful to you, but just curious why you have all this hate for the 03/04 Cobra. Is it the car you have a problem with or is it the people who own them.

Just saying, if you dislike Cobra owners(agreed, they can be cocky), than maybe you could redirect your negative comments to them and not towards the car. Maybe you could take a step back and really look inside yourself and see what it really bothering you.

The 03/04 Cobra was and still is a great car. For the price and its ability to be modded for little money and make great power, it is an awesome car. It demands respect no matter what you feel about it. Just my opinion.:beer:
i friggen LOVE 03/04 cobras! seriously, it just sucks to see them represented by a bunch of dongbags. I was implying '03/04 OWNERS vs. world'. my bad :beer:

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
To be honest the new 5.0 crowd isn't helping your cause... Toolbags drive every make/model of car... The lack of respect I think is really what spawned all of this.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
respect for what? the further this thread progresses the more i realize its about 03/04 cobra owners looking for the same respect their car deserves...

Users who are viewing this thread