2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Rico - I'm only at like 130whp more ;) just saying.

The rest of you - The argument over this video is never ending. If you all know how this race, show us a more accurate race between a stock termi and a 410-420whp 5.0 (since everyone knows that youtube videos are completely accurate and reputable). Now that being said, the guy driving the termi was on a test drive (he personally owns a modded 11' 5.0) Also the car is sold so there are no dynoing it or re-races. He knows how to drive but I am not saying whether he drove the termi good or not as I wasn't there. Either way, no stock termi is going to keep up with this 410-420whp 5.0.

:beer: Agree on all aspects. This video just showed a bad Cobra race against a good 5.0 race. It really didn't show shit about the cars themselves.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Rico - I'm only at like 130whp more ;) just saying.

Either way, no stock termi is going to keep up with this 410-420whp 5.0.

So you're at 550rwhp? Prove it! :-D Ha, kidding.

Yeah I agree a stock Termi won't pull on his 5.0. But that was a hard ass whooping. I would ASSUME it would have been closer but who knows.

Beetle6986

Established Member
We said 70whp diff which puts it at about 360? :shrug:

Just exhaust alone he should be close to 400WHP. A typical stock Cobra dyno would be around 365 WHP. Stock to Stock these cars are about the same in 1/4 performance. I would give the edge to the Cobra once you start to mod. Especially if you want to get monster HP on the stock bottom end.

Bluegoat06

Cam Only LS2 Powered
Established Member
I keep thinking and thinking to go back to the Ford days with this new 5.0, i really like how this ****ers are performing, I see them and race them at the track almost every Thursday and i'm literally bored with my car performance and the damn auto trans :), the new 5.0's are faster than stock or close to stock termies with a just a CAI and tune, not even talking about how they perform against the new Camaro's.

Ford did the homework with the Coyote engine and the whole car in general, GM grew bigger, heavier, and slower with the Camaro, even though it's got a bigger engine....

If it wasn't because we're buying a house in the next few months, i'll be driving a 5.0 already :), dang, i'm watching the price on the used ones closely, so hopefully after i'm done with the house, i'll be trading the G8 in.

Last edited:

metagalaxxy22

Too long, didn't read. Just the first sentence which I find very ironic.

YOU have an extreme bias against Terminators, and an extreme dislike for them because you are upset that you wrecked yours at the track. No offense, just call it like I see it.

I'm with you on pretty much everything you've posted so far. Maybe it's the bad experiences I have had with GT owners since I've owned my GT500, I dunno. But with other Cobras I only get a wave....with GT guys I get ricer behavior and it is annoying and gay. Except for you, Justin. You're cool :thumbsup:
yes i agree. I have had many gts act like idiots and almost wreck me out. grow up man! also to all the 5.0guys- i would have and could have easily bought the new 5.0 but i chose an older 03 cobra because of the transmission.
anyway the 5.0s are awesome, but a cobra will always be a cobra.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Time to stir the pot....

SOLD THE COBRA! Looking for a new Ford F150 FX4 for a daily and the new weekend warrior will be the GT till I can into a 2013+ Shelby!

Users who are viewing this thread