2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

Jroc

Established Member
To be honest the new 5.0 crowd isn't helping your cause... Toolbags drive every make/model of car... The lack of respect I think is really what spawned all of this.

I think it's the other way around. It's the Terminator crowd who has been disrespectful to the 5.0 crowd. I(a Terminator owner) am being disrespectful to Terminators. Terminator owners keep wanting to act like their cars are out of the 5.0's league, and it's just a GT, etc. Their feeling are all hurt by how good the new 5.0 Mustangs are.

If there were 5.0 guys coming on here and always starting up with Terminators claiming how much faster, and better their cars are, etc then I would take up for the Terminator, and tell the 5.0 guys to go half-stepping to the wrong Terminator, and you'd likely get put in your place real quickly as there are a lot of badass Terminator that roam the streets. Still that's not the case, and it's the Terminator guys disrespecting the 5.0 like it's something not worthy to compare to a Terminator. And it's just a fact that the new Mustang GT's are a much better all around car than any SN95 ever made. All the S197 are obviously better all around cars, but the new 5.0's just have the balls to be able to man up with a Terminator.

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
i friggen LOVE 03/04 cobras! seriously, it just sucks to see them represented by a bunch of dongbags. I was implying '03/04 OWNERS vs. world'. my bad :beer:

I agree with you man....some of the Cobra owners can be a little tough to deal with. If you don't own one, you are not part of the click. Have felt this before also from "some" of the people on here. Fortunately, it is not all of them and their are some good knowledgeable people on here. Just have to not let it bother you. Sometimes ego gets the best of people. :beer:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Like I said..I own both and this thread is more of a compliment to Terminator owners more than anything. Is the 5.0 a better car....well yeah and in every aspect. Still....why is it that the 5.0 has never put a shit eating grin on my face like my Cobra does...even when stock? 5.0 is refined power and the Cobra is raw which may be the reason it feels more sinister to me. But like I said the 5.0 makes a great daily driver :beer: But as mentioned most people will defend what they have..regardless. Facts should stand tall and opinions fall. :pop:

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
To be honest the new 5.0 crowd isn't helping your cause... Toolbags drive every make/model of car... The lack of respect I think is really what spawned all of this.

Doesn't it always start like that!
Just look at LS1Tech between the Ford and GM guys....:lol1:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Just have to not let it bother you. Sometimes ego gets the best of people. :beer:

Been doing the automotive forum thing for more than a decade, so it takes ALOT to get me bothered. I also understand the this is an SVT site, but if they are going to have sub-forums for non SVT vehicles, they should be more accepting...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Ls1tech is terrible, those guys don't even respect each other let alone another brand. A lot of ignorant blind haters.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I think it's the other way around. It's the Terminator crowd who has been disrespectful to the 5.0 crowd. I(a Terminator owner) am being disrespectful to Terminators. Terminator owners keep wanting to act like their cars are out of the 5.0's league, and it's just a GT, etc. Their feeling are all hurt by how good the new 5.0 Mustangs are.

If there were 5.0 guys coming on here and always starting up with Terminators claiming how much faster, and better their cars are, etc then I would take up for the Terminator, and tell the 5.0 guys to go half-stepping to the wrong Terminator, and you'd likely get put in your place real quickly as there are a lot of badass Terminator that roam the streets. Still that's not the case, and it's the Terminator guys disrespecting the 5.0 like it's something not worthy to compare to a Terminator. And it's just a fact that the new Mustang GT's are a much better all around car than any SN95 ever made. All the S197 are obviously better all around cars, but the new 5.0's just have the balls to be able to man up with a Terminator.

Inside this thread I agree it's pretty one sided, the 5.0 vs f16 thread was started for the same reason. I think te 5.0 thing reaches further than just svtperformance. My negative vibes have been picked up from almost all of the forums I visit, the outlet just ended up here.

To be honest it happens everytime a new model launches. I remember the ignorant posts from the s197 launch, 5th gen camaro, etc... It will blow over eventually, doesn't mean I can't troll it while it lasts.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Doesn't this thread sound familiar? :nonono:
almost like LS1 vs LT1 :lol1:

Yeah it does, that was a pretty big gap in performance. Lol

My old lt1 was 1 second and 8mph slower than my ls1 stock for stock. The lt1 guys definitely refused to give respect where it was due. Some of them *cough*burnzilla*cough* never got the memo.

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Yeah it does, that was a pretty big gap in performance. Lol

My old lt1 was 1 second and 8mph slower than my ls1 stock for stock. The lt1 guys definitely refused to give respect where it was due. Some of them *cough*burnzilla*cough* never got the memo.

:lol1: So true...however it does make for some real entertaining dialogue on Tech! Funny stuff...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
:lol1: So true...however it does make for some real entertaining dialogue on Tech! Funny stuff...

Yeah my meds prevent me from sleeping anymore, without the drama over there I would go insane. :beer:

Last edited:

fearls1

Established Member
I've always been a GM guy, but was secretly in love with the 03/04 Cobra for the longest time, lol. Something intoxicating about that Eaton whine, in unison with the V8 roaring to create a symphonic harmony of modern muscle.

That being said I think it comes down to the typical attitude of
"I own this therefore mine is better than yours" you see it on LS1 tech as well with the new 5th gen SS vs the 4th gen SS, lol.

Both the new 5.0 and the Cobras are awesome machines, but the Cobras being as rare as they are, and the fact that they put Ford back on the map(performance wise) just has a special place in the hearts of many.

Respect the TERMI!!! and appreciate the new 5.0....that is all! End thread

jas11151990

Established Member
I've always been a GM guy, but was secretly in love with the 03/04 Cobra for the longest time, lol. Something intoxicating about that Eaton whine, in unison with the V8 roaring to create a symphonic harmony of modern muscle.

"I own this therefore mine is better than yours" you see it on LS1 tech as well with the new 5th gen SS vs the 4th gen SS, lol.

Both the new 5.0 and the Cobras are awesome machines, but the Cobras being as rare as they are, and the fact that they put Ford back on the map(performance wise) just has a special place in the hearts of many.

this does sum up everything that has been said in this thread overall.....gotta respect our elders and appreciate and let the young ones be the future lol

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member

+1 !!!!!!
As an example...
I was at a car show today..besides some American muscle, a lot of high dollar cars. When a 03/04 Cobra comes into the parking lot, people know what it is immediately. You can see people stare, point and soon many begin to flock around the car waiting for the hood to be popped. It does seem to attract attention no matter where it goes.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Like I've said before, I love the new GT. if the wife wasn't getting her SRT8 GC I would have pulled the trigger already. Just as a car enthusiast I recognize greatness and tend to give respect when due regardless of who made it and if I happen to own it.

five0three

big deal
Established Member
this thread was never about the car. it was about people thinking that when they buy a car, they are buying respect.

Users who are viewing this thread