2011 5.0 vs 03 Termi

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
so your basing the mod on how much power it makes? so what if you had a built short block with stock eaton and everything, and the built short block, for example like an MMR shortblock only gave you a 10-15HP increase over a factory block, but you have more potential with the MMR shortblock. you have spent thousands and dont have much of a power increase. so what your saying is that wouldnt be a "heavy or modded" car at all? a few hundred dollar pulley, despite the power increase in my eyes is not a modded car. you have hardley changed anything about the car.

To say modded isn't just based off HP increase. Your example is good for modded because you would have spent a good bit of money and changed a rather significant part of the car. Your potential gave you more room to boost. My opinion is anything that enhances the vehicles performance significantly enough to have to get a tune, or in your case gives you more room to grow. But there are several opinions I'm sure. :bored:

Last edited:

jas11151990

Established Member
TRUTH right here.

but how many peopel consider a pulley swap on a cobra stock or modded? i would consider it stock. lets face it......an exhaust and CAI doesnt make a car moddifed in my eyes. A lot of cars including daily driver shave CAI, maybe not exhaust but CAIs

so my cai tune and mid pipe is "stock" ?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
True but if someone said "what mods do you have?" you would say stock? I'm sure you would say 2.8 or 4lb lower, CAI, etc, etc. Some guys that can't afford to much will put "Mods" in their profile and put..CAI, alpine stereo, 8" antenna, etc ect...So I guess everyone will see a mod differently than others but for performance, if you change anything stock that gives or should give you a performance edge, it's a mod. For me, i don't see mods as tinted tail lights or what new stereo you have though you did a modification to the car.

19935.slow

Established Member
What he means is "yeah I'm hung up on my new car, and can't see past it, and I think it's the best Mustang, and car ever made so there is just no way a 2K Cobra R is faster than a 03/04 Cobra."

Many times when people get fast cars they like they fool themselves into believing that it's the fastest thing out there, and nothing can beat it, or even compete with it when that is actually the farthest thing from the truth. Terminator owners suffer greatly from this problem as a whole.

Nothing to doubt. 11.30s with a intake, tune, and exhaust for power mods sounds better then a pullied/ported eaton as far as work goes.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Then there is whole what does a "bolt-on" mean. Some will say an engine is or a twin screw. When they ask me I say Kennebell and associated mods and leave it at that. That's enough for them to assume I'm over 550rwhp.

19935.slow

Established Member
Then there is whole what does a "bolt-on" mean. Some will say an engine is or a twin screw. When they ask me I say Kennebell and associated mods and leave it at that. That's enough for them to assume I'm over 550rwhp.

I will eliminate confusion. I'm talking about things you bolt on that don't leave a gapeing hole in the engine. Intake vs intake, exhaust vs exhaust, and tune vs a tune. Those mods an R is faster if it is drag raced. Even with a pulley.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Nothing to doubt. 11.30s with a intake, tune, and exhaust for power mods sounds better then a pullied/ported eaton as far as work goes.

no way someone ran 11.3's with a CAI, tune, and exhaust on an 00r. They already have basani exhaust from the factory, so not too much to upgrade there. Unless it was Atco.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I will eliminate confusion. I'm talking about things you bolt on that don't leave a gapeing hole in the engine. Intake vs intake, exhaust vs exhaust, and tune vs a tune. Those mods an R is faster if it is drag raced. Even with a pulley.

So a CAI, tune, exhaust R will pull on a CAI, tune, exhaust, pullied 03/04?;-)

Jroc

Established Member
no way someone ran 11.3's with a CAI, tune, and exhaust on an 00r. They already have basani exhaust from the factory, so not too much to upgrade there. Unless it was Atco.

Incorrect. A 2K Cobra R comes with a Borla CB, and a Bassani X-pipe. Still these are factory pieces, and aftermarket companies actually make aftermarket exhaust pieces for 2000 Cobra R's including Bassani.

19935.slow

Established Member

It does have a solid axle with 4.10's. The video of the cobra r on the street is the car. The stock exhaust sucks. The car has an x pipe and some flows dumped on it now. The car is set up for straight line racing suspension wise. Car ran 12.4x stock at 111ish mph. Can't remember the exact mph. People underestimate the car big time.

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Incorrect. A 2K Cobra R comes with a Borla CB, and a Bassani X-pipe. Still these are factory pieces, and aftermarket companies actually make aftermarket exhaust pieces for 2000 Cobra R's including Bassani.

The Cobra R will not benefit as much from bolt on's when compared to a Terminator, It's common knowledge that it's easier to make power with a boosted car rather than an N/A car.

This debate is pointless though as the Cobra R was never really meant to go fast in a straight line, it was meant to be a street legal race car.

Jroc

Established Member
The Cobra R will not benefit as much from bolt on's when compared to a Terminator, It's common knowledge that it's easier to make power with a boosted car rather than an N/A car.

This debate is pointless though as the Cobra R was never really meant to go fast in a straight line, it was meant to be a street legal race car.

Please do not try and kick knowledge to me Mr bolton 2v GT owner. Your previous knowledge is about full retard, and if you do not wish for me to quote you then do not quote me.

BTW I never said mod for mod a Cobra R would see the increases a Terminator will even though it may. For example a Bassani CB added to a Cobra R may make as much of an increase as it will on a 03/04. IDK if it will or not and neither do you. Before the 5.0's dropped people thought they would be so efficient that they wouldn't respond well to mods, and that's the farthest thing from the truth. LS motors also tend to respond very well to basic N/A mods.

Last edited:

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Please do not try and kick knowledge to me Mr bolton 2v GT owner.

I have a 2v gt? that's news to me :shrug:

Your previous knowledge is about full retard, and if you do not wish for me to quote you then do not quote me.

Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Coming from the guy who thinks that his lightening will out handle a Terminator you have no room to talk. I was trying to have an intelligent conversation but it seems as though that is too hard for you.

Users who are viewing this thread