2010 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 cometh, order guide leaked online

Dave07997S

Established Member
Wow that looks great...now only if the 2011 would not only have the weight reduction wih the al. block but an IRS and I would be all over that like Michael Jackson and a 12 yr. old boy.

Dave

chuckstang

Established Member
Notice they do not show the rear bumper

Because they kept that huge ugly lower rear valance.

Besides that, and a few other minor things, it is not bad, but honestly I would just like that interior. Sick!

Suade steering wheel FTW

Captain Beyond

Established Member
are you sure about that:rolling:

im amazed at how little the spy shot camo cars do the production model justice(damn good camo!!! lol), it looks absoloutley awesome! they took the bad ass mean looks of the GT500 and made it look WAY more athletic! the new wheels are a huge improvement too, my only major complaint about the first GT500s.

Wow :eek: After seeing these pics, it's definately growing on me. Maybe it's the color or something, but those pics gave me a boner. :-D I do like the wheels and the interior, but I wonder what the rear will look like? I was making my observations based on the GT. The GT500 looks 100x better. :coolman:

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
in most of your post you are always correcting people on the correct facts for the new camaro.
you state how the camaro will look better than the preproduction test cars. how the camaro weighs less than the magic 2 ton number roaming about. how the 422hp ls3 is available in base ss form for only 30k. and how the camaro gets 400+hp, and irs for only 3k more than the mustang gt! it is pretty clear you like gm's package better!

Nope, I like them both equally and differently. I like GM's package better from a performance enthusiasts standpoint (as would any performance enthusiast if they could put bias aside) and Fords package better from a business standpoint.

what i do not get is why you dont want ford to match gm? why you believe ford would be better off with less power and less price. and yet all your statements about the camaro being better than the mustang because it has more. now that is a contradiction!

I don't want Ford to match GM with the Mustang GT because I think it would be a bad business move. Do it with an SE if you have too, but keep the Mustang GT affordable. This is the same reason I think the Camaro sales will struggle after the first year or two unless changes are made. The car is too expensive for this segment and has too much power (if there is such a thing) and not enough gas mileage. Perhaps the v6 Camaro will be enough to keep sales going. We will see.

Formula51

Established Member
Wow :eek: After seeing these pics, it's definately growing on me. Maybe it's the color or something, but those pics gave me a boner. :-D I do like the wheels and the interior, but I wonder what the rear will look like? I was making my observations based on the GT. The GT500 looks 100x better. :coolman:

Agreed. The GT500 looks a lot better than I expected.

I also think it is very odd that there were no real pictures of the rear. Hopefully they are not hiding something ugly....

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't want Ford to match GM with the Mustang GT because I think it would be a bad business move. Do it with an SE if you have too, but keep the Mustang GT affordable. This is the same reason I think the Camaro sales will struggle after the first year or two unless changes are made. The car is too expensive for this segment and has too much power (if there is such a thing) and not enough gas mileage. Perhaps the v6 Camaro will be enough to keep sales going. We will see.

the camaro was not cut because they could not sell the ss or z28. the camaro was cut because they could not sell 50k v6 units every year. meaning if ford puts an extra 1k or 2k worth of cost on the mustang gt it will not kill unit sales. if they did this to the v6 mustang yes, it most definately would be a bad business decision.:beer:

Formula51

Established Member
the camaro was not cut because they could not sell the ss or z28. the camaro was cut because they could not sell 50k v6 units every year. meaning if ford puts an extra 1k or 2k worth of cost on the mustang gt it will not kill unit sales. if they did this to the v6 mustang yes, it most definately would be a bad business decision.:beer:

Well, Mustang V6 versus Mustang GT sales are usually around 2:1. Sometimes as high as 4:1, so I do agree that the focus needs to be on the volume leader. However, 2:1 certainly means GT sales are more important than many give them credit for. Roughly 30% of all Mustang sales is significant.

The real question will be what does Ford do with the V6. What engine will it get to compete with the 300+hp Camaro V6 and import V6's and what will the gas mileage and price be? Those questions will determine who wins where it counts: sales.

Perhaps we will see the 2010 Fusion V6 (260hp) in the 2011 Mustang and hopefully with a 6-speed auto and manual. How much do you think that will increase the price of the Mustang? Will it get as good of gas mileage as the Camaro V6 even with 40 less horsepower? These are all important questions.

As for the GT500, it will sell regardless of what Ford does with it. If the rumors are true though, can you guys imagine how incredible a 540hp 3,750-3,800# GT500 with better balance (say 55/45) would be? Depending on price, that could make a real bid for the best bang for your buck against cars like the Z06, Camaro, and GTR.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Well, Mustang V6 versus Mustang GT sales are usually around 2:1. Sometimes as high as 4:1, so I do agree that the focus needs to be on the volume leader. However, 2:1 certainly means GT sales are more important than many give them credit for. Roughly 30% of all Mustang sales is significant.

The real question will be what does Ford do with the V6. What engine will it get to compete with the 300+hp Camaro V6 and import V6's and what will the gas mileage and price be? Those questions will determine who wins where it counts: sales.

Perhaps we will see the 2010 Fusion V6 (260hp) in the 2011 Mustang and hopefully with a 6-speed auto and manual. How much do you think that will increase the price of the Mustang? Will it get as good of gas mileage as the Camaro V6 even with 40 less horsepower? These are all important questions.

As for the GT500, it will sell regardless of what Ford does with it. If the rumors are true though, can you guys imagine how incredible a 540hp 3,750-3,800# GT500 with better balance (say 55/45) would be? Depending on price, that could make a real bid for the best bang for your buck against cars like the Z06, Camaro, and GTR.

if the mustang gt base price is 30k the v6 will be 4 to 1 again. the best reason to upgrade from the 6 to the 8 is price. but if that priced is raised they will simply sign for the 6. one option i heard might just have the 5.0 as an option. who knows?

ford will keep the 6 cheap dependable and with good/great gas mileage. i would not be surprised to the see the 6 go to have an optional hybrid like the fusion. the 260hp v6 with 6 gear auto or man would be my best guess.

Formula51

Established Member
if the mustang gt base price is 30k the v6 will be 4 to 1 again.

We hope.

one option i heard might just have the 5.0 as an option. who knows?

That could work. Kind of like the CTS had the non-DI V6 standard and the DI V6 was an option initially.

ford will keep the 6 cheap dependable and with good/great gas mileage. i would not be surprised to the see the 6 go to have an optional hybrid like the fusion. the 260hp v6 with 6 gear auto or man would be my best guess.

Ahh, the V6 does not currently have good/great gas mileage right now, so they will need to improve on that. 16/24mpg for a 210hp v6 coupe is not very good these days. The Nissan Altima Coupe is 19/26mpg with a 270hp V6 and the 300hp Camaro should be similar.

Users who are viewing this thread