2003 DSG Build Thread, Project: Strega

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
wow this is an awesome build bro...cant wait till the 10th when i come over...Everything looks great. By the way my offer still stands if you want to bring the car and everything over to my house we can use my garage and air tools to put that baby in. Also have everything here to do the A/C. Vacuum pump and all that good stuff...

-Ryan

Jefe

Established Member
Gonna be fun to watch this get built. I bet youll make way more than 800rwhp with that setup. Have you looked into the Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS kit? Would really awaken that stock IRS. Keeping the wheels and interior stock?

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
So can you explain again how the headers/oilpan will not be at risk of sitting too low? i know you explained it on the phone but i cant wrap my mind around how if this whole setup sits lower than normal, how it wont be super close to the ground.

Ironhand

Banned
Gonna be fun to watch this get built. I bet youll make way more than 800rwhp with that setup. Have you looked into the Full Tilt Boogie Racing IRS kit? Would really awaken that stock IRS. Keeping the wheels and interior stock?

Just gonna keep the interior stock until I get another SOS pod and gauges. I want to trade my time for black FR-500s that ill paint the Chrome lip black on as well. For that sinister look.

So can you explain again how the headers/oilpan will not be at risk of sitting too low? i know you explained it on the phone but i cant wrap my mind around how if this whole setup sits lower than normal, how it wont be super close to the ground.

EDITED

Last edited:

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i live over in plant city... if you ever need a hand feel free to give me a shout..

Nice build!!!

Ironhand

Banned
Little Update:
Working out the timing cover. SNIPERDOG(Rob) stopped by and I figured out a bolt problem. The top 2 bolts are studs with a nut on the other side of the pulley bridge but the bottom 2 bolts are just hex bolts. So I bolted the aluminum pieces to the pulley bridge loosely. After a little work on the timing cover the aluminum holds the pulley bridge in place after double checking its location. This isnt welded what so ever but it does stay in place. Next step is to double check everything again before making it final then welding the pieces in place.

Pics Removed.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Cory, Awesome build!

I would go ahead and use the intake spacer/adapter, as opposed to welding tabs.

Moving the blower flange up and away from the short side radius in the lower will benefit intake flow.
Some mild blending and sharp edge removal would still be a good idea on the adapter plate though.

:read::pop::-D

Ironhand

Banned
I got a few things in from Lethal Performance today. Oddly enough I ordered them less then 24 hours ago. I guess thats what happens when you only live 3 hours away from Lethal P. :rockon:

Update on the rest of the fuel system components:
IMAG0065.gif

IMAG0066.gif

Then the hat roughly put together.
IMAG0067.gif

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Wow,

Haven't been on SVT in a while, but what do I see, but Corey's build thread here on ye ole forum.

Looks like it's coming together nicely.

Ironhand

Banned
Wow,

Haven't been on SVT in a while, but what do I see, but Corey's build thread here on ye ole forum.

Looks like it's coming together nicely.

Yeah I havent heard from you in a while. You either failed to return phone calls or forgot to do so. Hence why I stopped trying to get in touch with you..:shrug:

Ironhand

Banned
Update for the day.
Got the timing cover alittle closer to completion. Got the 4 tabs welded on the cover to support the pulley bridge. It even lines up with the blower and where it attaches to the idler bracket attached to the block.

Pics Removed

Last edited:

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
looks great bro...cant wait till this is done! once my car is all set up and tuned with the turbo me you and coy are gonna have to go three wide lol

by the way you need to polish the snout on the whipple like 04sleeper and skarewed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread