2003 DSG Build Thread, Project: Strega

Ironhand

Banned
This is how you put a 5.4 DOHC into a 03 Cobra.

EDITED:06-02-11

I keep getting PMs asking me to tell everyone exactly how I did it. Or I need to take more pictures etc.
I spent alot of time getting it just right so if you want this done I can do the majority of the work for you.

However, I will not give you a step by step on exactly how to do this. Your not paying me for my time. So if you wish to do this you will now be on your own.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
On to the Transmission…
With power in mind I decided to step up to a 26 spline input shaft and a clutch that God and Mcleod came up with together. 
IMAG0010.gif

IMAG0022.gif

More on this at a later point.

Exhaust
ARH 1 ¾ inch primaries to 3 inch collect.
Widened O/R Prochamber(Not yet completed)
Mac 3 inch catback

Fuel system(Fore The Win)
Fore Triple Return Hat
3x GSS342s
3into1 Y block(3x -6 to -10)
Fore Fuel Filter
-10 Feed Line
2into 1 Y block(-10 to 2x-8)
Fore Rails in Return Configuration
Fore F2 Regulator
-8 Return line
Injectors are the Bosch Minitimer 105lb an hour
Why so big you ask…. This beast will be making a lot of power and on E-85!
IMAG0009.gif

Its obvious Im staying with a top mount blower because of all the blower stuff but why go through all this to stick an eaton on it… Well Im not..

Here is a little teaser picture of the motor loosely put together just so you can see what she will look like once its done..
IMAG0007.gif

3.4L Whipple With Crusher Inlet

Here is the throttle body with the filter laying under it in the box
IMAG0006.gif

Stay tuned for more as progress moves along and I take and upload more pics.

Last edited:

ATFPat

Established Member
Man that's sweet. I can't wait to see what it puts down. What numbers around are you shooting for OP?

Ironhand

Banned
Man that's sweet. I can't wait to see what it puts down. What numbers around are you shooting for OP?

over 700rwhp on crap 93 Then over 800rwhp on E-85. Justin Starkey @ VMP is who Im gonna take it to for a tune. Should make killer power with a 3.0 pulley on it already. Might go for more with a smaller pulley.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Good luck with the build! What's the suspension/rear setup going to be?

Ironhand

Banned
Good luck with the build! What's the suspension/rear setup going to be?

Stock IRS with a brace and DRs for now. Later on will be a welded and tube braced 8.8.

Looks like a GT500 killer right there. Very nice.
Thats the idea. GT-500 power but 500lbs lighter or so.

How long you think it will take for it to be finished?

Lets see.. I got home from deployment in November and have been making decent progress on it so far. I have the motor to finish, fuel system to install, 2 wiring harnesses to put it, and a few other things. So hopefully by the end of this month it will be completed or nearing completion. I lost 2 weeks due to the holidays alone.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Lets see.. I got home from deployment in November and have been making decent progress on it so far. I have the motor to finish, fuel system to install, 2 wiring harnesses to put it, and a few other things. So hopefully by the end of this month it will be completed or nearing completion. I lost 2 weeks due to the holidays alone.

This post means about a yr and a half until start up. lol

I kid :shrug:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
oh man...my DREAM build. ive considered doing this but seems like a ton of little added steps to make it fit! after you are done i may consider it later!

Ironhand

Banned
This post means about a yr and a half until start up. lol

I kid :shrug:

haha. Funny Rob! Im aiming for the end of Jan. But with all things Im expecting delays so it may be after that but it will be done soon! I wanna drive this thing! :rockon:

oh man...my DREAM build. ive considered doing this but seems like a ton of little added steps to make it fit! after you are done i may consider it later!

PM on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread