2003 DSG Build Thread, Project: Strega

cbr repsol

Established Member
lol buddie. Why did u have to do this to me? Now i.... (do want) My whole though process about the car has changed. Im still gonna finish the build i wanna start in jan. Then we will go from there my friend....gunna have to start stashing parts.

Ironhand

Banned
lol buddie. Why did u have to do this to me? Now i.... (do want) My whole though process about the car has changed. Im still gonna finish the build i wanna start in jan. Then we will go from there my friend....gunna have to start stashing parts.

haha. Sounds like a plan.

hahahaha.... wife has owned me lately!!! you call at bad times and I cant return a phone call :sleeping:

I fixed it for you.:lol: :beer:

Ironhand

Banned
So I left Wisconsin to get my Cobra. What a last few days this trip has been.

Wisconsin when I left.
IMAG0533.gif

Drove 590 miles from Wisconsin through Chicago down to Indy and across to Cambridge, OH.
Traded my girlfriends 00 Saturn in on a 98 Expedition.
photo1.gif

photo2.gif

IMAG0546.gif

Then I drove just over 1,000 miles with the new truck down to FL. Went through, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, GA, and finally into FL.

I then did all the services on the truck. Wipers, bulbs, oil change, brakes at all four corners, air filter and even pulled the right rear axle and replaced a leaking axle seal and refilled the diff with new fluid.

I grabbed the motor and loosly put it together and ready for transport. I sealed it up to prevent it from rusting or anything getting inside it.
IMAG0541.gif

Few hours later and the new 5.4 was back into the car. It has to come back out later but this is just for transport and it has valve covers on it now as well.
IMAG0542.gif

Car loaded on the trailer
IMAG0543.gif

Sitting at my gfs parents place as of 3am this morning. I worked for 3 solid days to fix the truck and load the car and car parts up.
IMAG0545.gif

We will be leaving in the am to head back north. I have about 1400 miles left of this trip.

Ironhand

Banned
Im probably going to pull the pistons out because the compression seems to be lower then what I wanted.

Its snowing in WI and fairly cold. I will be getting parts together for the next couple months then once it starts to warm up I will start to put it back together.

Users who are viewing this thread