2003 DSG Build Thread, Project: Strega

Ironhand

Banned
:banana:

what was the problem with it not turning over :shrug:

Not sure to be honest. It was hitting but wouldnt keep going. So as we talked about it on the phone I thought about your idea of hitting it multiple times and it worked. Think it was just sitting to long and needed to be broken loose.

Ironhand

Banned
Well I had some issues and Ill let the pictures speak for themselves

IMAG0451.gif

IMAG0432.gif

IMAG0433.gif

IMAG0435.gif

IMAG0463.gif

IMAG0444.gif

IMAG0443.gif

IMAG0445.gif

Passenger side
IMAG0438.gif

IMAG0440.gif

IMAG0441.gif

IMAG0442.gif

Blower off and found my leak
IMAG0449.gif

IMAG0452.gif

IMAG0450.gif

Taken timing system off
IMAG0454.gif

IMAG0455.gif

IMAG0456.gif

About 6 hours into it
IMAG0457.gif

Look at the pistons.
IMAG0458.gif

The head
IMAG0459.gif

IMAG0460.gif

Bent Intake Valves
IMAG0461.gif

Ironhand

Banned
Had Steve at Tousley Ford Airmail me, Crank bolt, head gaskets, head bolts, and a new oil pan.
IMAG0464.gif

What my garage has turned into.
IMAG0465.gif

330mach1

Established Member
that sucks man, i opened the thread expecting to see another video of it running with no leaks, not you having issues. hope it gets better

mtnrunner

Established Member
Damn, thats a bummer man. Glad that your not letting anything hold you back and your getting right back on it! Everything will be worth it once its broken in and tuned.

Ironhand

Banned
:nonono::nonono::nonono:

Spun atleast 3 rod bearings, scored pistons, and the rod bearings are trashed.
Windage tray got hit by the crank. Oil pan is full of metal shavings. You get the idea. Im done. Ive been working since yesterday and just stopped today at 9:1xam today. This shift of heartache is done.

Ironhand

Banned
besides the timing chain breaking what caused the bearings to fail?

I got sold a junk motor. Ill post pictures at a later time because if i go back out in the garage something else is gonna get broken that wasnt broken before. So, Im staying out of there for a while.

Im trying to find a shelby shortblock, or 5.4 rods and pistons.

330mach1

Established Member
I got sold a junk motor. Ill post pictures at a later time because if i go back out in the garage something else is gonna get broken that wasnt broken before. So, Im staying out of there for a while.

Im trying to find a shelby shortblock, or 5.4 rods and pistons.

that's what i figured just didn't wwant to come out and say it

95PGTTech

Established Member
Im done. Car is for sale.

Take a look at some of the threads I have on the internet. I've been to this point in time, money, labor, etc. many times and had these feelings. They will pass, stick it out and see it through.

It will be worth it. Even if you just look yourself in the mirror and say I didn't quit.

Ironhand

Banned
Take a look at some of the threads I have on the internet. I've been to this point in time, money, labor, etc. many times and had these feelings. They will pass, stick it out and see it through.

It will be worth it. Even if you just look yourself in the mirror and say I didn't quit.

Time wise, your looking at about 7 months and thats just since I got home from deployment building this car. Money, I couldve bought a brand new car or truck.

As far as the rest is concern. The only way I will be able to keep the car is to fix it and put it back together for as cheap as possible. And quickly as well.

I have the title to the car so its not costing me money to have it sit. Other then money for the parts.

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Sorry to hear that. Maybe after some time passes you'll be interested again.

Or a good damned deal on a motor?

Users who are viewing this thread