2003 DSG Build Thread, Project: Strega

Ironhand

Banned
As soon as its ready to run I plan on making my presents known in Central Florida. I have a list of "Big Dogs" that will be knocked off their thrown very shortly.:coolman:

Hell yes. Say the word and I'll drive over from Clearwater to give you some chase-car footage :-D REEALLY wanna see this thing hurt some feelings.

Sounds like a plan. I will probably need some help to put the motor back in as well. I plan on seeing if Sniperdog(Rob) is available to lend a hand as well. I only have alot of his tools as well that has helped me out tremendously. I owe him a bottle of Crown :beer:

Last edited:

330mach1

Established Member
sorry to ask this but since you have your timing cover off can you take some pictures of it and post them up? that's one of the little things i have left on mine

Ironhand

Banned
sorry to ask this but since you have your timing cover off can you take some pictures of it and post them up? that's one of the little things i have left on mine

Send me your timing cover and Ill modify it for you. I have plenty of 6061 aluminum left to make the bosses.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Are the stock gt500 oil pumps good enough for your setup? I thought I remembered one or two on here blowing their motors due to oil pump failure with the 5.4(stkjock I think?)

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Sounds like a plan. I will probably need some help to put the motor back in as well. I plan on seeing if Sniperdog(Rob) is available to lend a hand as well. I only have alot of his tools as well that has helped me out tremendously. I owe him a bottle of Crown :beer:

Did someone say Crown?!? :pepper:

ya bro, just let me know.,,.I am sure i will want to get away from my home remodel :thumbsup:

Ironhand

Banned
Are the stock gt500 oil pumps good enough for your setup? I thought I remembered one or two on here blowing their motors due to oil pump failure with the 5.4(stkjock I think?)

I think that was also have he bounced the motor off the rev limiter as well. Oil flow wise it should be more then enough. To much oil pressure can actually cost horsepower.

I also plan to replace the oil pump around the 50K mile mark on the motor just to be on the safe side.

when your ready to put that beast in let me know...ill be there for sure to help bro

Should be about 2 more weeks. Get your phone fixed so you can actually call someone bro.

Did someone say Crown?!? :pepper:

ya bro, just let me know.,,.I am sure i will want to get away from my home remodel :thumbsup:

Yup. Think I did.. :beer:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Holy re-inventors award! Stay at it so we can line them up when you get this thing running. I'll give you a shot at the vert first. It's lighter than my five hundred and with the whipple and spray it should make the same power.

Yo, what up to all my N2S peeps in here!

Ironhand

Banned
Holy re-inventors award! Stay at it so we can line them up when you get this thing running. I'll give you a shot at the vert first. It's lighter than my five hundred and with the whipple and spray it should make the same power.

Yo, what up to all my N2S peeps in here!

Blower only boss. So bring the GT-500.

Baker1k

slowbra
Established Member
Any update I just now looked over the build thats gonna be sick and I'd love to check it out.

Ironhand

Banned
His blower is for sale.

Yup. A failed motor and a 1400 mile move wasnt in the plans when I started. But with time I will get her running. Until then I took on another smaller project and Im waiting to see how it comes out. Not even sure if it'll work or not.

The new motor is done, I have new heads for it as well. Im short cams and if my blower sells that as well. Kinda hoping to sell the 3.4, buy a winter beater and use the rest to get the car up here and get it running.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Holy crap :eek: .,., wtf?!?!?!?

Sorry to hear man,., I can't get on the site at work anymore, so I feel so out of touch :(

330mach1

Established Member
I was hoping to see your car finished before mine. your build showed me that it's possible. working out all of the bugs before i get it tuned and have any numbers

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
does it make you feel better or worse that my 5.4 4v is up and running? working out all of the bugs before i get it tuned and have any numbers

With a eaton swap?

Does it make you feel better that mine ran first and with a 3.4 Whipple? And your just following in my shadow?(since were asking dumb questions here)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread