2001 Cobra Build

04mach17

Established Member
Nice bro. I too had a 01 cobra before my termi. Loved that car but after putting 3 motors in it, I have up and got a termi. And to the best of my knowledge all 96-01 cobra had a teksid block. I have personally never seen anything else in them. I have owned about every year cobra. All had teksid block.

Here is a pic at the santa nella meet spot on the way to FFF 2011!

DSC_0017-1.jpg

04mach17

Established Member
I also really like the 01 cobra rear bumper. If you zoom in on my bumper, you can see how I turned the exhaust tips to flow with the shape of the rear bumper! I loved that look. It was unique.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
01s were supposed to have the WAP block although a few had leftover Teksid blocks. Good looking car. How do you like the H&Rs over the Eibachs? I am ditching my Eibachs in favor of H&R SS with Koni Adjustables.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
I love what you did with this car, great work! I am a little curious though as to why you pulled the motor but did nothing with it while it was out other than clean? Nothing wrong with that, just wondering what made you wanna stay stock.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Your hard work is showing. The car looks a zillion times better than when you first bought it.

ImRambo

Established Member
Ha. Soon. I spent maybe $300 to do the paint and detail everything. Car runs beautifully now too. Averaging 25mpg freeway. Trust me its hard not to do any upgrades. My old GT was sold to me with a rod knock and alot of engine honey. Had to rebuild to stock, cost me half a year of pay.. Thing happen I guess. But theres nothing better than hands on experience.. First pull with my dads help.

1178_zps935d75ec.jpg

Last edited:

ImRambo

Established Member
Test fitting 18s. Sizes are 18x9/10 275/35s and 285/35s. Have a set of 265/35s which the sidewalls were suprisingly smaller. Probably drop the rear half a coil if that and tuck some 315s. Want to autocross the car so Ill have to prevent rubbing.

044_zps4f71e86e.jpg

042_zps04a0bb01.jpg

032_zps6d264c70.jpg

Last edited:

Stang Lover

Established Member
Beautiful cobra man! Stance looks just like my old bullitt except I think the rear was a tad lower.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
sick build man!! love the chrome fr500s on it! i really want a laser red cobra like my laser red gt one day. and yes they are so hard to find in good shape too! continue the good work man!! :beer:

ImRambo

Established Member
Little update. Lowered the rear end and went to 1/4 spacers for a few weeks. Installed Maximum Motorsport full length subframe connectors, removed AC. Bought my first DD! 2000 P71 interceptor. Rockin a 2v again. Sold the saleens and new wheels shipping out today. Cars been sitting on stands for a bit so I decided to do a partial wire tuck. Not completely done, but car runs perfect, so just doing the small detail stuff now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread