1993 cobra 1/18th by GMP!! FINALLY!!!

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
We will be waiting for the reply.
$90 a piece for 3 shipped. For those who want them I will need to know for sure. There were already a few guys who reserved some. If your serious email [email protected] and I'll write you down but I need a deposit to make sure I don't get stuck with any of these. Thanks.

svtdriven

Established Member
you can buy them directly from gmpdiecast.com and ebay is going to be flooded with them. I really don't think they will sell out.

$90 a piece shipped isn't bad though. I'll keep that in mind.

Last edited:

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
GMP 1:18 1993 Mustang Cobras

Hey guys,

Been trying to get ahold of one of the site moderators, GMP would love to work with svtperformance.com.

The models should be here in our warehouse by early April. I am one of the product development guys on that project and if you have any questions on the model feel free to email me [email protected].
We worked very hard on this one to make it a special piece. We even used some of the original 1993 Mustang Cobra dealer brochure artwork and type fonts on the box artwork. It's a nice touch. All the emblems are a new type of deco called metal inlet - the emblems are like an adhesive backed photoetch. A cool new feature never done before is retractable seatbelts. Anyways, feel free to email me with questions.

As far as ebay selling, we have been cracking down on this and even have some of our dealers helping with this. It really does hurt the market for everyone in the long run. We keep a close watch on this and do everything we can to stop it within the legal limits.

Thanks,
John

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Hey John,

Sounds like a good idea to me, I actually first found out about GMP through others on this board. Also from your the description the 93 Cobra should be really nice, can't wait till it gets here. You guys should start making some of the later model stangs too since alot of the other products out there aren't even close to what I have seen so far from GMP.

trueblueeyes

Established Member
Wow, those look just incredible. Can't wait! Now I find myself wishing for a 97 Cobra diecast (my crappy plastic model is getting lonely..lol).

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
Thanks guys. If you've seen or purchased some of our older Mustangs like the 85 GTs and police cars from the past - this new tooling is just miles ahead of those. I crack up everytime I see the little Cobra floor mats in there. I think somebody said something about the snake emblem being incorrect but I double checked and they do not both face forward on the 93 Cobras. I think they do that on all the Cobras after 93?
One friend of mine has a sub 40k mile Teal 93 Cobra with black cloth interior and a factory sunroof. Nice ride. I also have a friend (who just stopped by 10 minutes ago here at GMP) with his 93 Cobra R. He's on this forum a bunch. Also had another guy with a black 1993 Cobra who belongs to the local SVT club here in the Atlanta area stop by and he really liked the model a ton. Being a fox-Mustang guy myself this has just been one of the coolest projects I've ever had the opportunity to work on. And to have real Cobra owners and experts see the models and crack a big smile when they hold it and play with it - it makes all the hard work we put into the models worth it.

John

fivestangs

Established Member
John,
I'm the person who stated the question about the direction of the snake on the fender. Maybe it's just a trick of the light in the photograph on the website, but it just struck me that the snake looked like it was facing forwards on the driver side fender (looking at the ZOOM'ed image of the black car). I'm sure the production models will be correct, I'll get to know soon enough as I've already placed my pre-order, I can't wait to see it in person!

Also, I emailed your website about how to take apart the model so I can paint the interior black... could you possibly give me (and others) insight on how difficult it would be to take it apart?

thanks!
Mark

93 COBRA

Established Member
JohnnyGMachine said:
Thanks guys. If you've seen or purchased some of our older Mustangs like the 85 GTs and police cars from the past - this new tooling is just miles ahead of those. I crack up everytime I see the little Cobra floor mats in there. I think somebody said something about the snake emblem being incorrect but I double checked and they do not both face forward on the 93 Cobras. I think they do that on all the Cobras after 93?
One friend of mine has a sub 40k mile Teal 93 Cobra with black cloth interior and a factory sunroof. Nice ride. I also have a friend (who just stopped by 10 minutes ago here at GMP) with his 93 Cobra R. He's on this forum a bunch. Also had another guy with a black 1993 Cobra who belongs to the local SVT club here in the Atlanta area stop by and he really liked the model a ton. Being a fox-Mustang guy myself this has just been one of the coolest projects I've ever had the opportunity to work on. And to have real Cobra owners and experts see the models and crack a big smile when they hold it and play with it - it makes all the hard work we put into the models worth it.

John
John,

I'm very impressed with the '93 LX Convertible made with the new tooling (Just picked it up last week). I was happy to see GMP had a display at the Detroit Autorama, I was able to see the Cobra in person and it looks better than the photos I've seen online (looked so good I had to order one right on the spot!). I spoke with Jeff Stalling for about ten minutes at the show about the models, very nice guy. You guys did a great job. Hope to see a 93R soon.

Thanks

scootro

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
I just wish they would give you a choice of interior colors, grey or black.

Then it would be more personal !
same here..... i want one like my vibrant red black interior'ed cobra...

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I pre-ordered a Black 1993 Cobra by GMP a cople of weeks ago. I guess I should receive it in April. I am very impressed with the detail. I just wish you could get them with a sunroof if desired. I look forward receiving the car and displaying it at car shows. :rockon:

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
We'd love to be able to do all these options but of course with more tooling means more expense. We tried to stick with the most common options on each car. If anybody was interested in having theirs "tweaked" or made into an exact replica of their exact car you can contact Paul at paul@knsmodels or got to knsmodels.com. He's made many collectors happy by modifying existing models to look identical to their own personal car from paint to emblems and more.
I myself will be ordering one of each and by the looks of the pre-order sales many other collectors are doing that as well. We've pre-sold 400 of each color already and sales are very strong.
We also like to hear suggestions from the enthusiasts as well so keep the comments and suggestions coming.

Thanks,
John

Users who are viewing this thread