1993 cobra 1/18th by GMP!! FINALLY!!!

trueblueeyes

Established Member
I wonder if there will be any vendors selling these diecasts at the World Ford Challenge? I really want the black and red Cobra diecasts as well but it would be great being able to get them there. No shipping and instant satisfaction!

Melissa

svt2205

Established Member
Just curious of what you think of the paint quality of these. The red one I bought SUCKS... There are 15 paint defects and 2 wheels with mold flashing. Surely not a $100 item. Folks at GMP are real nice and will take care of it. But give me a break, mine even had an "inspected" sticker. Inspected by the blind maybe.

Take a look on the bottom edges of the body side molding, how many paint defects to you see?

Oh by the way, the red one I had was #50. New one is in transit right now.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I see the prices are dropping, so they must not be selling as fast as they like. I see them on Ebay with prices in the eighties with free shipping! I give them a few months before the are down around 50.00

buddha93

Established Member
I noticed the door molding flaws. Other than that, it's pretty clean.

I don't think you'll see the prices drop much more than what they are. Did anyone see the prices on their GT-40's..........WOW!

svt2205

Established Member
Got my replacement. Paint a bit better, but surely not at a quality level I expect for a 100 bucks. My Exoto Shelby diecasts, bit more money, are significantly better. Plus on mine the dam tires are on backwards. This is a 20 dollar diecast at best.... Oh well. No more GMP models for me

Last edited:

PJM99

Established Member
How is the paint on the Teal ones? It looks way off in the pictures. Can someone post pics of the models they received?

Users who are viewing this thread