1992 mustang cobra vert????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Thanks Pudge. My offer still stands if you can make it to High Point on Thurs for that cruise in if it doesnt rain. I do work tomorrow and I am way behind on the detail work on my car because of work and the weather to have it ready for Mustang Week.

The Snake

Ithnu

Established Member
yes I know and that was proper for these promo cars just like the 94 Cobras do not have Cobra embossed onto them.

The Snake

I'd be curious to know the offset on that rear axle. As in the 1993 Cobra was different from the GTs. If your car really has the "prototype" wheels that means it has the real Cobra wheels. The after market ones people put on GTs where made AFTER the Cobra came out.

To sum it up, the only way for that car to have those wheels in 1992 means you had the correct axle. If not...some one put them on after.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
those are the real Ford wheels on my car and I am not going to remove them to take a photo of the embossed Ford numbers and such to prove it. I dont have the aftermarket wheels on my car.

The Snake

SAM_0111_zps8054d2bc.jpg

Last edited:

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Bull, all I know is that is they way it was done. Forcing me to read minds here, but maybe when SVT directed the dealers involved in the promotion, that was the way it was done. Perhaps they didnt want the promo cars to be exactly like the 93's. I dont know. We can speculate from here to doomsday about the little details.

The Snake

bullsvt9313

Established Member
i still dont understand why SVT would tell dealers to do this andI would love to see if those are real wheels as well

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
well the wheels are real. they have the Ford numbers, etc on the inside. Hmmmm just thought of something as I was typing this. Are there not identifying numbers and all under the hub cap? Now I am not going to remove the wheel from the car, but if there are ID markings under the cap I will take a photo of that. Got to find or go buy another charger for my dad-blasted camera first. trying to get things rounded up for MW and the camera is dead and cant find the charger. seems like there are ID markings under the cap, correct?

The Snake

bullsvt9313

Established Member
cant remember if there are then we wanna see matching numbers from cap to rim why not take the wheels off and clean behind there for mustang week

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
limited tooling to work with at this rented condo and they frown on anyone doing auto repairs in the parking lot. I dont have my floor jack here, its in Columbus GA. I dont really "live" here in Greensboro. My residence is in Columbus. I work here in Greensboro and go home every 4 to 6 weeks. I dont keep a lot of belongings here, just enough to be comfortable and be here to do my job. Even if I did remove the wheels to clean them on the inside, I dont have access to a hose with water. I swapped out my truck and left it in Columbus so I could have the car here in order to make MW, so not like I could even go to a car wash to do them.

The Snake

Just found my camera charger cord. now its a quarter to 5 and I have to be at work at 6 so let the camera charge up and I will snap some wheel photos tomorrow and post them.

The Snake

Last edited:

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Georgia, tough to prove, and easy for someone to make a fake one once the parts were available.

Key would be to prove the parts were made available by Ford, to the dealer, prior to the introduction of the 1993 Cobra, and to have a list of those parts. If you can do that, then you do have a Dealer-built Promotional Unit.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Think I would have to be an insider for that paperwork. That paperwork might be proprietary information, no clue.Almost sounds like that would have been the paperwork the dealer would have had from SVT to modify the car to specs. Interesting idea, wish I had that.

The Snake

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Will you please stop ending the post with "The Snake".......it is a GT with dealer add-ons.
The dealer can put Ferrari badges on a Mustang, it still doesn't make it a Ferrari.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Last time I will respond to sarcasm. R1DER, you were 5 years old when my car was "born". You know a while back when this Thread came into being by a fellow that made an offer on my car at a show and I refused, who hasnt signed on since he posted and started this thread I went through the posters on here and found something in common with most of the sarcasm and rudeness. Most of the comments like that came from guys 30ish and younger, like you R1DER. I was a Mustang enthusiast, owning, driving, showing and racing my 1965 Mustang before you were even born.

Ask nicely and I will answer things. Be polite and we can discuss things. Nothing wrong with disagreements and debates. If you want to be a smart *** I am not going to deem you worth my response from now own. I end all my posts with "The Snake", its how I am known on other sites and how guys I have known for years address me sometimes. Its a nickname I got years before joining this site, Get Over It.

The Snake

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Why does it matter how old a lot of us are? I think deep down you are just mad at yourself cause a person that is younger than you can clearly see you have been had.

paulsauto

Established Member
I'm sorry that car has the wrong engine,badging,rear bumper,wing and its too early someone just added a bunch of parts to a 92 gt vert bottom line.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Sales people love to have your type come into dealerships. You'll eat up anything they can make up.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I have a 74 mustang with a factory v8 I would sell you lol. It doesn't matter that you are 53 and it doesn't matter that I'm 26 I have been a enthusiast since my father and I started working on his '68 Mustang when I was 8.

I hate it when some one older thinks they are better than everyone else just because they are older. Sorry dude you are not, you are just a very gullible individual.

Last edited:

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
R1DER, nothing to do with your age, its your approach with the sarcasm. If you had a different attitude with your comments we may have gotten off on a better footing. The age thing was just an accurate observation off the data within this thread. Notice I did say most and not all of the posters with sarcasm and rudeness were of a certain age group, meaning, there were exceptions. Want to be an exception, be nice with less sarcasm. This advice will take you far, not only with me personally, but in life in general. I never said nor inferred I was better, I just wanted less sarcasm. You may in fact know some things I dont on many subjects, but the reverse may also be true.

The Snake

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Honestly I'm not trying to be a dick but come on man this thread has been going on for 2-3 years there is no possible way you are this gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread