1992 mustang cobra vert????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullsvt9313

Established Member
I dont mean anything bad towards georgia I dont think the car fits into 93 cobra history or make the car any more collectible being a promo car thats like dealerships taking 2012 gts and throwing gt500 body kits on them before the 2013 gt500s came out in my opinion I think he was a very clean nice looking triple black gt conv I just wanna see the proof

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
I dont mean anything bad towards georgia I dont think the car fits into 93 cobra history or make the car any more collectible being a promo car thats like dealerships taking 2012 gts and throwing gt500 body kits on them before the 2013 gt500s came out in my opinion I think he was a very clean nice looking triple black gt conv I just wanna see the proof

Do any of these cars deserve a place in Mustang history? After all, they were "just dealer addons", not factory produced.
- the '66-'68 Mustang Blue Bird Specials?
- "Branded" promo mustangs?
- '69 Cougar Cobra-Jet Kenz & Leslie specials?

What about the Saleen mustangs? Or Roush? Or the newer Shelby GT mustangs (not the 500's, just the "Shelby GT")? They all start out as regular old GT's before being modified outside the factory.

What about the handful of '93 Cobra's that received the dealer installed "Gold Package"? You know, the ones with the gold snakes and gold pony instead of chrome.

When restoring a car for show it is generally considered "correct" to include dealer installed options - so long as you can provide documentation.

Mxfrench

Established Member
I live in Columbus GA so if any one wants me to take a ride and look at it for ya let me know, just not this weekend going to be in Knoxville.

bullsvt9313

Established Member
saleen and rousch are different that is not a dealer add on and they have their own registry im not familiar with the blue birds mike the point is he hasnt provided any documentation

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
French, I would be more than glad to let you see it were I and the car in Columbus right now. I have the car in Greensboro NC where I work. Normally even when I am in Columbus I have the car in a rented storage unit. Since you are in Columbus, you could look up the Columbus City Stangz. I used to belong to that club. You could even go by Cooks Hotdogs at the corner of Miller and Airport Throughway and ask the owner, he knows me quite well and I have a photo of my car on his wall. Ask Davo, Jr, he has a repair shop and towing service, he is a neighbor that lives around the corner. He is into Mustangs having owned a 94 Cobra and currently owns a Roush. All these folks can vouch for me and the car. If you are willing to do leg work, that should be plenty of sources to hit up on. I have been showing my car off and on for years in the Columbus area. I once had Jack Roush himself look my car over one year he was driving through Columbus on the Great Race tour. He didnt bat an eye when I described it as what it is. All he asked was if I had any of his components on it and when I said no, that I mostly couldnt afford it and laughed, he gave me two vouchers that I have never used. Now you may say that means nothing, but its the truth. So check me out locally.

The Snake

Last edited:

bossman302

Banned
WOW is all I can say

1. Car is a GT Vert some Ford dealer put some 93 wheels and tail lights on it
2. Wing is incorrect, NON Cobra. Special edition wing
3. All his paperwork looks fake, and can't produce it most of it
4. If you are happy with the car, enjoy it, and call it what it is. a 92 GT Vert. In the modified class.

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
French, I would be more than glad to let you see it were I and the car in Columbus right now. I have the car in Greensboro NC where I work. Normally even when I am in Columbus I have the car in a rented storage unit. Since you are in Columbus, you could look up the Columbus City Stangz. I used to belong to that club. You could even go by Cooks Hotdogs at the corner of Miller and Airport Throughway and ask the owner, he knows me quite well and I have a photo of my car on his wall. Ask Davo, Jr, he has a repair shop and towing service, he is a neighbor that lives around the corner. He is into Mustangs having owned a 94 Cobra and currently owns a Roush. All these folks can vouch for me and the car. If you are willing to do leg work, that should be plenty of sources to hit up on. I have been showing my car off and on for years in the Columbus area. I once had Jack Roush himself look my car over one year he was driving through Columbus on the Great Race tour. He didnt bat an eye when I described it as what it is. All he asked was if I had any of his components on it and when I said no, that I mostly couldnt afford it and laughed, he gave me two vouchers that I have never used. Now you may say that means nothing, but its the truth. So check me out locally.

The Snake

Im in Winston Salem, you say you have the car in Greensboro, right? I'm off Sunday and would love to see it!

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Pudge, I work Sun. Here is something plausible. I was at a cruise in yesterday in High point and they have it every Thurs evening. I will be there next week weather permitting. I am off today for that matter.

The Snake

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
saleen and rousch are different that is not a dealer add on and they have their own registry im not familiar with the blue birds mike the point is he hasnt provided any documentation

We all agree it is not a factory produced '93 Cobra. So the only thing left to prove = is it really a dealership promo.

Even if he does produce documentation (which I agree, he is being a bit slow / evasive in producing any docs, or providing a VIN), there will still be many, many folks who would say "fake docs!".

But to flat out say "no fncking way it is real", and "it has no place in mustang history" is being very narrow minded. When it comes to odd-balls from the factory or dealership promo cars, you can never say never - the mustang has proven that time and again over the years.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Strike the sarcasm Ithnu. Guy throws a day out of the blue and it happens to be during my regular scheduled work days. Did you bother to notice and say that I offered alternatives like being off today and tomorrow and being at the Thurs cruise in over in High Point...NOOOOOOOO. All you have done is join the web site a month ago and be sarcastic here.

Now I did something right now that I normally dont do and that was to be sarcastic right back. So dont be so quick to be judgmental. I choose to be mature and quite nice on here despite the sarcasms I have received.

The Snake

Oh, and thanks Mike. I always said it was a dealer promo. Some on here have selective reading. I did point out that the Promotion was fully sanctioned by SVT at the time and not something just done out of the blue by the dealership. The Dealer letter I have speaks of this fact and so does the SVT letter, although it is only in a sentence or two in the SVT letter.

The Snake

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
any other pictures available? The passenger side, the engine and engine bay, the interior.....? I don't care if the car is authentic or not, I am in the middle of deciding upon an 84.5 convertible or a 92 coupe. If I get the coupe, I was considering these wheels, tail lights and a few other items so I wanted to see more of the car to help me better decide

The Fox

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
ok, couple of photos Fox. I will be taking some more fresh phots in a few days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am running Nitto 555 tires 255-45-17's all way around.

The Snake

Last edited:

gt347mustang

Established Member
WOW is all I can say

1. Car is a GT Vert some Ford dealer put some 93 wheels and tail lights on it
2. Wing is incorrect, NON Cobra. Special edition wing
3. All his paperwork looks fake, and can't produce it most of it
4. If you are happy with the car, enjoy it, and call it what it is. a 92 GT Vert. In the modified class.

Well put.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Spoiler is correct for my car. That wing is a Cars and Concepts unit and you are correct in it being the same one used on the Limited Editions. That was the only "in house" spoiler offered by Ford for the convertibles. The regular Cobra hatchback spoiler was contoured for that body style.

The Snake

Ithnu

Established Member
Man I keep coming back to this thread, it's hilarious.

For shit sake the ground effects clearly say "Mustang GT".

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
For the record, I'm not any way trying to doubt your car or is authenticity Georgia. As far as I'm concerned, you have no reason to lie about something petty like this; and if you say you've seen another one at a show, who are we to say differently?

Ford made a bunch of limited stuff, it's silly that anybody would insult the man over something trivial like this in the first place, even more so before all the facts are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread