1992 mustang cobra vert????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithnu

Established Member
Here's my SVT cert and my window sticker...how hard was that?

*initial SVT cert was too hi-res. And good luck taking my window sticker and Photoshopping those creases out of it.

1013588_10200308912990323_1932364465_n.jpg

1045021_10200308897549937_432811432_n.jpg

1044696_10200308897509936_1284271102_n.jpg

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Established Member
He posted a really poorly Photoshopped SVT certificate a while back. I'm guessing it's been pulled.

*edit...found it on another website. 1992 Cobra Mustang Convertible - Ford Mustang Forums

So he went out of his way to lie about the SVT certificate at one point. He eventually backed off of that but now is going with a dealer "Cobra".

134584d1310737863-1992-cobra-mustang-convertible-1992-svt-cert.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I knew it had been posted but got removed. This certificate is fake 100% no questions asked, and your window sticker I'm betting is nothing more than a add on sticker the dealer put on the car when they added the Cobra stuff and the additional profit they made just like dealers did when the GT500 was announced.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Just spent a little time to read this thread. :bs:

The last few post is all the evidence I need. :burn:

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Last post for me on here. I indicated a while back by VIN the car had an LX number. The report above would seem to indicate I am the original owner and I am not. Where was the car from 1992 until 1998? Big gap with no record. So I bought this car in 1992 and sat on it for 6 years unregistered until I registered it in TN and somehow put 10,270 miles on it? I know what I was told about the car right after I bought it in TN in 98, not by the old man I bought it from, but from the guy in MI that I contacted about 2 months after that. The man that sent me the papers I have. If I was took, this sure is elaborate. If I was took, it has preserved the car, no matter what it is because it has made me keep the mileage down. So two independent people pulled something on me is what you are getting at here?

For me the cars life began in 1998 when I bought it in Static TN, adjacent to Byrdstown TN, from old man Koger who owned Kogers Cars or whatever he called his little business. He sold cars of interest, mostly Mustangs. I paid cash for the car, $11,000 at the time. I bought the car from him pretty much as it looks now because I believed what was relayed to me because it came from a source independent of the man I bought it from, especially once I saw the documents that were mailed to me. Unfortunately, Mr Koger has passed away from what I was told so we cant go bark up that tree. Last time I was up that way was when I was handling my Fathers estate after he passed away. I made it a point to ask about MR Koger. Small Town TN up there, everyone knows everything. I asked because his place looked empty and I was told it was in probate. He did have a good reputation in the community up there, part of the reason I delt with him for the car. Small town, if he was dishonest, someone would have told me. I am a pretty good judge of people and although he seemed a little eccentric, I didnt get any vibes of dishonesty.

Well, I have owned my car for 15 years now and it is a Cobra to me. Had it so long now its a part of my personality. Oh, and the nickname, The Snake, goes way back to when I was in my 20's for the ones that made that into a joke. Got that from when I owned my 1965 Mustang because I toyed with putting a rocker panel stripe on it that said "GT 250" on it because of the HiPO 250 I-6 engine and I hung a Shelby Fuel Cap on it. Friend of mine that owned a GT 350H, TJ Parker, Hung that nick on me as a joke but it stuck as nicknames will.

This is an honest question here. Based on that report, just what is the history of my car before 1998? Seriously. I know who I bought it from and when. I know I had correspondences and phone conversations with a man in MI about the car. Koger gave me some old paperwork that he had saved from the glovebox when he acquired the car that had the mans name and address. Part of me would like to know now.

The Snake

99BlownVert

Established Member
I am not getting involved in all of this other stuff but to answer your question about the 6 years, you said the car was bought from an independent dealer right? I am sure he or another dealer bought it and ran a dealer tag on it for that period of time. Dealers can buy a vehicle and not register it for as long as they want so that would explain the 6 year gap.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
This is an honest question here. Based on that report, just what is the history of my car before 1998? Part of me would like to know now.

Is it possible that the car was never titled until you bought it, that it might have been on MSO or under a dealer plate until you bought it ?

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
If we cam let the sarcasms lie. I will continue conversations. Koger had a small lot on a little dot on the map town in TN. All his cars were used. He had 2 "get you on the lot and look" cars as I would call it. The black vert I now own and a 93 yellow Limited Edition. Mine had the least mileage. Seems like the yellow one had 15,000 miles. I doubt he had the resources to sit on a car like that. Look up where Static TN is located. Tiny place. Seems odd to run a dealer plate on a car for 6 years and not title it. I am full of questions now myself.

The Snake

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Sir I hate to say it probably got scam car. I am from a small town and I understand that buying from a small town guy might seem like he has all of the integrity in the world, but at the end of the day a car salesman is a car salesman. If I were you I would shred the fake SVT cert, take the Cobra badging off, take the Gt body parts off, and make her look like she was intended to look. Now that you don't have to worry about her being a rare vehicle have fun with her and mod her.

Ithnu

Established Member
There's nothing wrong with the way it looks if he likes it. Good looking car. Just don't call it a Cobra.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Seems odd to run a dealer plate on a car for 6 years and not title it. I am full of questions now myself.

The Snake

I've had all my cars for years and never had them titled I run dealer plates on them. My wifes 94 GT she bought new is still on the MSO and never been titled if I were to sell it to someone technically they would be the first owner. So it is very possible, happens all the time.

Marc

Established Member
Last post for me on here. I indicated a while back by VIN the car had an LX number. The report above would seem to indicate I am the original owner and I am not. Where was the car from 1992 until 1998? Big gap with no record. So I bought this car in 1992 and sat on it for 6 years unregistered until I registered it in TN and somehow put 10,270 miles on it? I know what I was told about the car right after I bought it in TN in 98, not by the old man I bought it from, but from the guy in MI that I contacted about 2 months after that. The man that sent me the papers I have. If I was took, this sure is elaborate. If I was took, it has preserved the car, no matter what it is because it has made me keep the mileage down. So two independent people pulled something on me is what you are getting at here?

For me the cars life began in 1998 when I bought it in Static TN, adjacent to Byrdstown TN, from old man Koger who owned Kogers Cars or whatever he called his little business. He sold cars of interest, mostly Mustangs. I paid cash for the car, $11,000 at the time. I bought the car from him pretty much as it looks now because I believed what was relayed to me because it came from a source independent of the man I bought it from, especially once I saw the documents that were mailed to me. Unfortunately, Mr Koger has passed away from what I was told so we cant go bark up that tree. Last time I was up that way was when I was handling my Fathers estate after he passed away. I made it a point to ask about MR Koger. Small Town TN up there, everyone knows everything. I asked because his place looked empty and I was told it was in probate. He did have a good reputation in the community up there, part of the reason I delt with him for the car. Small town, if he was dishonest, someone would have told me. I am a pretty good judge of people and although he seemed a little eccentric, I didnt get any vibes of dishonesty.

Well, I have owned my car for 15 years now and it is a Cobra to me. Had it so long now its a part of my personality. Oh, and the nickname, The Snake, goes way back to when I was in my 20's for the ones that made that into a joke. Got that from when I owned my 1965 Mustang because I toyed with putting a rocker panel stripe on it that said "GT 250" on it because of the HiPO 250 I-6 engine and I hung a Shelby Fuel Cap on it. Friend of mine that owned a GT 350H, TJ Parker, Hung that nick on me as a joke but it stuck as nicknames will.

This is an honest question here. Based on that report, just what is the history of my car before 1998? Seriously. I know who I bought it from and when. I know I had correspondences and phone conversations with a man in MI about the car. Koger gave me some old paperwork that he had saved from the glovebox when he acquired the car that had the mans name and address. Part of me would like to know now.

The Snake

Sir, with all due respect, it may be a cobra to you, but it is NOT a real cobra in the real world. And trying to pass it off as one, is in all honesty, is dishonest. And may I ask, what was up with creating a FALSE SVT Certificate? Can you see why people are calling you out on this? I am sure this not the only forum that has called you out on the car.

If you like the car, then that is all that matters.

Last edited:

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Marc, as I have stated before, I didnt create the Cert. Frankly, I wouldnt know how. It was mailed to me by the guy in MI that I assume to be the original owner. His name and address provided to me by the man in TN I bought the car from. All I did was take that info on face value all this time. As for putting the car into LX trim, just too costly on my budget. Besides, been this way for so long, I dont feel the need to change its appearance.

The Snake

99BlownVert

Established Member
My father is a dealer and he has owned and driven new vehicles for years. Your car was done this same way as you can see from the report. Whoever bought it frist in 1998 with 10,000 miles was the first owner but it was not titled for 6 years previous and that was more than likely because it was passed among dealers, there is no telling where it could of been in that time.

Many dealers will not title a car like that because they can sell it as new or never registered which would be more desirable. The car was not registered at all until the person before you bought it so technically they bought it "new" with 10,000 miles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread