1992 mustang cobra vert????

Status
Not open for further replies.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I am sorry, but if you do not have documentation showing Ford sent the dealer the parts prior to the launch of the 1993 Cobra, then you really have nothing but a Cobra "Tribute" car based on a 1992 GT.

P.S. I am an old guy, but the facts are just the facts.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Walt, there is a big difference in how you are putting your posts and some others. I am the third owner of this car. I got the documents I do have from its original owner. The man I bought it from still had his address when I bought it in 1998 and we had some coispondances and phone conversations at the time. Think about it a moment. I received documents from a guy who had not even owned my car in at least 4 years. He took time, effort, and a little bit of expense, postage, to correspond to me through the mail and talk to me on the phone then to send me documents via the postal service. All this to perpetuate something not true about a car he had not owned for quite sometime? Doesnt sound to me like something someone would do. I remember distinctly that he wrote back to me in the first letter saying, and I paraphase here, "so you own my Cobra now..." He provided me with his phone number and I spoke to him twice. That was the summer of 1998. In my original letter I never IDed the car as a Cobra, he did. I just asked if he had any old records and such that he might provide to me. Went on to tell me he was an engineer with SVT and was about to retire the next year, 1999. What I am relaying here is what was relayed to me, not from the man I bought the car from in Static TN, but from its original owner, again a man who had not owned the car for at least 4 years in 1998.

The Snake

bullsvt9313

Established Member
why dont you get some proof from the dealer that its a dealer modded car. I thought you admitted earlier in this thread that its not a SVt car

Marc

Established Member
So I didn't read through all 11 pages over the past couple years, was every, ANY documentation posted here to prove it's authenticity? I just think the dealer added some badges to the car as a Dealer 1 of 10 option. I met a disabled Vet last year at a car show that had a v6 GT500. Told me it was a "Special Edition" from Shelby. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the dealer stuck on GT500 stripes on the car.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I said all along that it was a dealer promotion that was sanctioned by and through SVT and issued a Cert, and SVT owners letter and I also have a letter from the dealship from the new purchase packet that all dates back to 1992 when the car was new. The dealer letter fully addresses the promotion. The dealer letter calls it an Introductory Promotion. From what I was told this promotion was done as the 92 models were closing out and the 93's were about to be phased in.

The Snake

Marc

Established Member
I said all along that it was a dealer promotion that was sanctioned by and through SVT and issued a Cert, and SVT owners letter and I also have a letter from the dealship from the new purchase packet that all dates back to 1992 when the car was new. The dealer letter fully addresses the promotion. The dealer letter calls it an Introductory Promotion. From what I was told this promotion was done as the 92 models were closing out and the 93's were about to be phased in.

The Snake

Can you post all that documentation here? Or if it was posted before, disregard. Just would be nice to see something like this.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Do you know how to use a scanner? 2 1/2 years is a LONG time to say you have paperwork and not provide it. Also in the pics on the last page you CLEARLY try to pass it off as a genuine Cobra, sorry its not stop being a poser you got played by the original owner.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Marc, I have seen that before myself, but that isnt what this is. My understanding was that this was a promotion done through 10 separate dealers each handling 1 car each. I have seen another of these 10 cars in 2004 at the 40th event outside Nashville. This was a promotion spread over 10 different dealers. The other car was exactly like mine with the exception of the Ram Air hood, dealer installed, the color, it was red, and his sterio, his was not the premium sound with the graphic eq like mine. same wheels, wing, badging, etc. Had I not seen that car and spoken to its owner there might be a different meaning to this from my perspective.

The Snake

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Have you ever thought that your nickname "THE SNAKE" might have been given sarcastically? "Hey this guy thinks he has a Cobra...haha yeah we should call him THE SNAKE"

Marc

Established Member
Just scan your documentation and put it here for others to look at. I think that would prove to everyone exactly what you have. You have nothing to prove, granted, but hell, this thread has been going on for 2+ years.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I dont have a scanner with me here in the condo I rent while I am in Greensboro, just something I dont have a daily need for. For quite a few months when this Thread began I was working in Guam and was even further from home. Then I worked in Lakeland FL for a year and lived in an extended stay hotel while working there. Needless to say, carrying around those docs and/or scanning them wasnt a high prioity in my life. I work in aviation and things being what they are, I dont have the luxery to work where I really live, stay in my own house, be with my wife on a daily basis, enjoy my grand kids whenever I like, enjoy the condo I own in Panama City or any numder of things some folks take for granted. So excuse me if I dont have any sympathy and place importance on the tasks you wish me to perform. I can sort of watch the website from work as I am doing now around the tasks I have to do for my job. Trust me, I will be so glad when I finally can "retire" and be home like most of the folks. Walk in my shoes before tossing accusations.

The Snake

Marc

Established Member
Just playing Devil's Advocate...its not hard to carry around a few papers with you when going to work. I am sure you do this on a daily basis working in a aviation job. And I am sure that there is a scanner at work or at any members of your relatives that you are visiting. If all else fails, Kinkos.

I am not trying to be a asshole, I would think scanning a couple documents takes 2 minutes to do and another 2 minutes to post. I am not in it to prove you wrong, more just to see this type of dealership documentation.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
No relitives anywhere near me in Greensboro Marc, kind of wish there were. If I can get around to it before Mustang Week I can bring my SVT letter and the dealer letter to work and scan them. I have a lot on my plate between now and next week when I leave to go to Myrtle. And for those wanting to see a copy of my window sticker, not going to happen I tried. My wife called me and told me our condo in Panama City got some flood damage with all the rain down there and she and her brother are having to attend to that and make trips back and foth to Panama City the next few days. If some of yall think that isnt true look at the news or ask anyone who you may know that lives down there.

The Snake

Last edited:

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Georgia, I will not be a Mustang Week, and I still hold to what I said above, but I would be interested in seeing whatever documents you do have. Please take then to a UPS Store or someplace and get them scanned so they can be easily shared/viewed.

I am a MCA National Certified Judge for SN95s, and I know some FOX judges well. I would be happy to pass your documents on to them for their review.

Ithnu

Established Member
R1DER, nothing to do with your age

The Snake

Except you keep mentioning it.

I'm 33. In 1996 when I was in HS I wanted a 1993 Cobra, no way that as going to happen. I bought a 1986 5.0 GT. Loved that car. Now I have a 1993 Cobra. Love that car too. Point is there is nothing wrong with a GT. Just say it's a GT.

Ithnu

Established Member
Can you post all that documentation here? Or if it was posted before, disregard. Just would be nice to see something like this.

He posted a really poorly Photoshopped SVT certificate a while back. I'm guessing it's been pulled.

*edit...found it on another website. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/introductions/272380-1992-cobra-mustang-convertible.html

So he went out of his way to lie about the SVT certificate at one point. He eventually backed off of that but now is going with a dealer "Cobra".

134584d1310737863-1992-cobra-mustang-convertible-1992-svt-cert.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread