10s with a 75 shot.

04compgt

Established Member
I agree,should definitely be a 9 sec. Pass on 150hp shot!
11.0 is a great NA time!

Your car runs great on the bottle! I was very impressed when you first posted. I can't wait to see what my car would do on the 150 hit.

04compgt

Established Member
Yep, and that car is over 1/2 second slower N/A than 04çompgt's. An 11.0 n/a car should hit 9's on a 150 provided it hooks and makes all shifts.

You would think, however I can't count my chickens before they hatch, when I am holding the 9 second slip in my hand I will believe it. Making all the shifts and hooking I am not worried about, I know I can make it shift and I know I can make it hook. Also to add to the post, I noticed on my logs that my car was closing the throttle body in the 3rd and 4th shift by 20%, I saw that my advancetrac was automatically turning back on, when I go back to the track I will turn off traction control through the tune instead of the button. Either the traction control was going crazy due to faster acceleration rate or it was going crazy due to noticing extra slip from the converter while on the nitrous. All I know is that my car usually picks up 25 mph in the big end and it picked up 22 on the bottle, It did trap 103 mph in the 1/8th, so it was cooking up until 3rd gear clicked in and advancetrac turned on. I talked to a few shops in regards to this and they said it is a common characteristic for the automatics to do this.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

You would think, however I can't count my chickens before they hatch, when I am holding the 9 second slip in my hand I will believe it. Making all the shifts and hooking I am not worried about, I know I can make it shift and I know I can make it hook.

You got the hook, you got the shifts, now spray the house DOWN! :banana:

04compgt

Established Member
You got the hook, you got the shifts, now spray the house DOWN! :banana:

Yeah what I didn't know when I was at the track was that advancetrac was closing my throttle body by 20% so it wasn't WOT on 3rd and 4th gear. I am looking forward to seeing what she will do when advancetrac is not self turning on during the pass. :banana:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Yeah what I didn't know when I was at the track was that advancetrac was closing my throttle body by 20% so it wasn't WOT on 3rd and 4th gear. I am looking forward to seeing what she will do when advancetrac is not self turning on during the pass. :banana:

I think you need to send the wife to an evening spa and get a sitter for Saturday! ;-)

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I'm just wondering how a bigger shot will work with the 5C...might blow right through it. Anyway, looking forward to you trying it! Good luck and nice runs again!

04compgt

Established Member
I'm just wondering how a bigger shot will work with the 5C...might blow right through it. Anyway, looking forward to you trying it! Good luck and nice runs again!

That is exactly what I am worried about. This is why I started with a 75 shot and working my way up. I was surprised how the 75 shot didn't stretch the converter out too much. It went from 4000rpm n/a to 4300 on the 75 shot, my guess would be that it will go to around 5000 rpm on the 150, which will be fine with the boss intake. The rest of the gears I am not worried about since the converter locks in 2nd gear.

9secWS6

Established Member
You would think, however I can't count my chickens before they hatch, when I am holding the 9 second slip in my hand I will believe it. Making all the shifts and hooking I am not worried about, I know I can make it shift and I know I can make it hook. Also to add to the post, I noticed on my logs that my car was closing the throttle body in the 3rd and 4th shift by 20%, I saw that my advancetrac was automatically turning back on, when I go back to the track I will turn off traction control through the tune instead of the button. Either the traction control was going crazy due to faster acceleration rate or it was going crazy due to noticing extra slip from the converter while on the nitrous. All I know is that my car usually picks up 25 mph in the big end and it picked up 22 on the bottle, It did trap 103 mph in the 1/8th, so it was cooking up until 3rd gear clicked in and advancetrac turned on. I talked to a few shops in regards to this and they said it is a common characteristic for the automatics to do this.
That's some good info.! I need to check that for sure.

CharlieR

Established Member
I refuse to read any .001 threads so get that issue(Tq management) fixed. :)

O.K. if ya go 10.001 I'm gonna click on it just to ask why you didn't pull the rear seat. :D

04compgt

Established Member
I refuse to read any .001 threads so get that issue(Tq management) fixed. :)

O.K. if ya go 10.001 I'm gonna click on it just to ask why you didn't pull the rear seat. :D

I hate the noise! My rear seat will stay in! 10.001 thread it might be lol

Ratchet

Established Member

Awesome work man. Last time i was at the track, i ran 91 mph thru the 1/8 and on the 3-4 shifts my car did a bit of an rpm hold and only picked up 22 mph thru the traps? I'm guessing the manuals pull the 20% if torque limiting/advantrac isn't shut off in the tune as well? My car normal picks up 27-28 mph back half... And now i'm in getting a new trans.. Kinda thinking I should have gone auto anyways. Lol :beer:

Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
Awesome work man. Last time i was at the track, i ran 91 mph thru the 1/8 and on the 3-4 shifts my car did a bit of an rpm hold and only picked up 22 mph thru the traps? I'm guessing the manuals pull the 20% if torque limiting/advantrac isn't shut off in the tune as well? My car normal picks up 27-28 mph back half... And now i'm in getting a new trans.. Kinda thinking I should have gone auto anyways. Lol :beer:

yes if advancetrac for some odd reason turns on during the run it will close your throttle some through the run, or at least that is what happened in my case. Next time out I will completely disable advancetrac in the tune and not deal with it anymore. I was tuning a buddies car (mt-82) on the dyno and his advancetrac will automatically turn on. He would have to turn it off twice.

Ratchet

Established Member
yes if advancetrac for some odd reason turns on during the run it will close your throttle some through the run, or at least that is what happened in my case. Next time out I will completely disable advancetrac in the tune and not deal with it anymore. I was tuning a buddies car (mt-82) on the dyno and his advancetrac will automatically turn on. He would have to turn it off twice.

Thanks for the info! I got a revision that hopefully looks after that. Make sure to post ur results as well, maybe you'll get 3-4 more MPH out of it. Good luck! :beer:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

Are you holding down T/C button for the 8 seconds until it says "advancetrak off" on the screen? As far as I know, I've never had it come on while racing or any time I didn't want it to.

Users who are viewing this thread