1000+ rwhp

vulture

Established Member
i feel stupid for not realizing that cobra haven't been out as long as supras...how do the supras torque compare to their hp cause i don't see too many of them talk about torque?

My dyno graph . lol , Torque from a supra ? HP usually overshadows it. :shrug:

supradynoha7.jpg

gt347mustang

Established Member
anybody who doesnt have respect for supras needs to look up ryan woon... his car is well into the 8s with stock rear end and tranny. very very impressive!

TRBO VNM

anybody who doesnt have respect for supras needs to look up ryan woon... his car is well into the 8s with stock rear end and tranny. very very impressive!

I would rather look at that chick who drives a supra. I don't recall her name, but damn, she is hot. I think her car was running 8's, maybe it was 9's, but it was fast, but she is better to look at. :beer:

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I Belive your takin about Jessica Barton. Blonde girl in a Gray supra. Ill try and find a pic or two.

Jroc

Established Member
Yeah, they SUCK, that's why the fastest manual tranny car in the world is a Supra, the fastest car in the standing mile is also a Supra, and the fastest car in the 1/8 mile is also powered by a Supra engine.

Real underachievers...

:rolleyes:

I'm going to call BS until you show a little proof. Don't get me wrong I recognize a 2JZ-GTE as maybe the stoutiest factory motor ever put in a car, but when you have racing cars running big blocks with big turbos and shots that makes me skeptical, particulary in the 1/8.

Here's an old video of a 6 speed Supra running a 1/4. I guess this is that Ryan Woon guy that someone already mentioned, but are you sure this thing doesn't got a 9" in it?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWDwk7b4Z2g]YouTube - Inside Ryan Woon's 6spd Supra[/ame]

Do Supra's and Vipers keep trading licks with each other? Its like one minute a Supra is the fastest 6 speed car then its a Viper so who knows. Isn't it kind of the same thing with the standing mile? I know those Hennessey Vipers and Heffner FGT's do pretty good in the standing mile also.

Here's a little record I found for the Mustang guys. ;-)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my-Ujxv5YF8&feature=related]YouTube - Worlds Quickest Drag Radial Pass 7.38 @ 198 Twin Turbo Cobra[/ame]

OP this is with a Hellraiser kit which uses TT in conjuction with the Eaton.(which hampers peak # as it limits the boost you can run with the turbo's) This may even be on a factory longblock.
[ame=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=23913453]1020 rwhp/1018rwtq dyno run Video by Bobby - MySpace Video[/ame]

Here is one making almost 1,200 whp on a factory longblock with the Hellraiser kit.
Compound Boost 2003 Mustang Cobra Twin-Turbo - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

Last edited:

danny03cobra

Established Member
^^ the supra is on stock IRS and stock 6 speed, these mkiv tt 6 speed supras are like little tanks.lol The stangs are autos right?

Jroc

Established Member
^^ the supra is on stock IRS and stock 6 speed, these mkiv tt 6 speed supras are like little tanks.lol The stangs are autos right?

I would assume the SN95 is running a auto tranny, but I think the Mystichrome Saleen looking one is a 6-speed. It sounds like he's shifting it manually on the dyno, but IDK.

I think theirs a guy with a turbocharged SB Cobra running 9's and maybe 8's with a full weight, IRS, 6 speed, car, but don't quote me on him running 8's with all that. I know he runs 8's now, but I'm not sure its with all I mentioned still on the car.

danny03cobra

Established Member
I would assume the SN95 is running a auto tranny, but I think the Mystichrome Saleen looking one is a 6-speed. It sounds like he's shifting it manually on the dyno, but IDK.

I think theirs a guy with a turbocharged SB Cobra running 9's and maybe 8's with a full weight, IRS, 6 speed, car, but don't quote me on him running 8's with all that. I know he runs 8's now, but I'm not sure its with all I mentioned still on the car.

i would really doubt he,s running stock IRS and in the 8,s.. but sweet if he does.:rockon:

Jroc

Established Member
i would really doubt he,s running stock IRS and in the 8,s.. but sweet if he does.:rockon:

My bad. I was thinking that this car:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isl-Ggtgrgo]YouTube - FastMark's 03 Cobra 8.95@154 Hellion 88mm turbo[/ame]

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...149/444168-fastmarks-low-9-hellion-cobra.html

Was this car, but I was wrong.
2003 Ford Mustang Cobra Modifications - Twin Turbos - Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords

This does make me wonder what the faster IRS/6-speed Cobra is though.

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
Jroc,

The Titan Motorsports Scion at the ADRL race in Dallas set the new national record in Xtreme 10.5 at [email protected] mph in the 1/8th mile.

This is the fastest 1/8 mile time by any car on a 10.5" tire, ever...

Here is the breakdown of the run

.975 - 2.689 - 4.101
.975 to the 60 foot
2.689 to the 330

This is with a 183in six on a little 91mm turbo that was up against 830 inch mountain motor cars with nitrous and twin 120mm turbo setups. Up against BIG names like Billy Glidden and others. This is the big league. The Titan car was one of the heaviest cars in the field with the smallest engine and the smallest turbo too...

Jroc

Established Member
^ Because we're comparing high HP cars, and we're on the internet

Users who are viewing this thread