1000+ rwhp

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
I wasn't even talking to you...

If someone were saying ignorant crap about 01 Mustang v6 convertibles you could chime in. I wouldn't care if you set them straight. But nobody was talking crap about V6 Mustangs. They were saying false statements about turbo Supras so I corrected them...

No need to make this personal...

ah, this is svtp not supra forums....

Digital

Established Member
The eaton will reduce your peak numbers. I'm going with a custom built "hell raiser" setup. A single 67 feeding a stock eaton /w 4# lower. I expect to run into a limit in my fuel system, not in power from the combination.
I think that's really what it comes down to. Twin 57s can make more power then a stock terminator block can hold so why do you need twin 67 or twin 76s? Just to say you have them? That's silly. In most cases even a single 76 if done right with supporting mods will max out a terminator block.

Seems like most of the debates are over "peak" hp numbers. Who cares? Most people call a stop to their numbers not because they have maxed out their power adder but because they have maxed out something else, fuel system, tranny, rear end, engine, etc.
Now if you have a built block and want to make 2000hp then I could easily see how having the eaton on would take away a little bit from your peak numbers and you might want to remove it for better flow. But in 99% of the cases people with twins or even big singles will never run out of peak power with a eaton, only supporting mods.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Oh. He says it's a Hellraiser kit in his post listing the videos. Everything I've read and informed people I've talked to have said the Turbos will make more on their own, then with the Eaton on there too. The motor is only gonna make as much power as the exhaust housings are gonna let it, no matter what you have throwing air into it anyway.

The Hellion kit I have has .63 housings.
Well, you'd think it would take away some power from the turbos. Yes, theoretically and on paper, the turbos should make more power by themselves. But what happens is that they can't typically make all the power they are rated for because of back pressure on these small displacement engines. If you could push the turbos to the outer fringes of efficiency, you could make the same power as with the compound set-up. But you can't typically without high IAT's and a lot of back pressure. It appears from the data on that HP/Eaton set-up that the blower actually allows more air to flow through the turbos at a much less restricted rate by reducing back pressure and the amount of PSI supplied to the engine. How else do you explain twin 60 trim turbos making that kind of power? There is just no way that can happen on a stock longblock with turbos alone. I mean, the data is there. If somebody has a better explanation for these real world numbers, I'd be glad to hear it.

So, obviously the set-up works well and allows it to happen. I think he was pushing over 35 PSI and if you did that with just those turbos, you'd probably blow up the engine too.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
So, obviously the set-up works well and allows it to happen. I think he was pushing over 35 PSI and if you did that with just those turbos, you'd probably blow up the engine too.

With just the turbos, you shouldn't need to make 35 #'s of boost to make those numbers. Probably just mid to upper 20's. I don't know much about the 60's, but they can't be much less efficient than my 61's. The 61's are more than capable of putting well over 1000 hp down without the help of a blower, or having to run ridiculous boost like the prototype hellion compound boost car, that ran like 44#'s or something to make around 1100 hp.

TRBO VNM

the point of the compound setup is not how much power it will make. people keep confusing this and want to compare how much just the turbo's will make or the compound setup. the setup wasn't designed for that. the compound setup was designed to have the low end of a eaton or TS and make the top end of a turbo. we all know the eaton is a restriction in the higher rpm range, so peak numbers suffer or you need to run higher boost to get the peak numebrs, but again, it isn't about peak numbers. it is about the power band and that is why hellion came out with the setup and also why they designed it so you can run just turbo's if you want to.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
With just the turbos, you shouldn't need to make 35 #'s of boost to make those numbers. Probably just mid to upper 20's. I don't know much about the 60's, but they can't be much less efficient than my 61's. The 61's are more than capable of putting well over 1000 hp down without the help of a blower, or having to run ridiculous boost like the prototype hellion compound boost car, that ran like 44#'s or something to make around 1100 hp.
With the relative inefficiency of those 60's, yes. You would need to run that much boost to make that power and that won't happen. There is NO WAY those T3/T4 hybrid turbos will make that power. The only reason I mentioned 35 PSI is because that is what it would take if you were to try to--but you won't because of the high IAT's, etc. There is a HUGE difference between the 60 trim T3/T4's and those 61mm's. The compressor wheel on the 60 trims is 58mm. The comrepssor wheel on the 61's is 61mm. That's a big difference. Plus like I said, the housings supplied with the standard HP kit are .48 a/r with the T3/T4 turbos. I would imagine too that the 61's with the Hellion kit have the larger T4 exhaust housings. So in this instance, the blower allows the turbos to make much more peak and average power than the turbos alone. But the amount of compound boost required is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread