1000+ rwhp

cohhbra

Established Member
so i saw a supra video claiming that the supra has some 1200rwhp and i've seen more videos of supras claiming that hp and judging by their 1/4 miles and how effing big their turbos are i belive them but...

how come i don't seem to see as many 1000+rwhp cobras, i'm mean wouldn't it be easier for us to make that much power because we have more displacement?

Greg@RET

Established Member
how come i don't seem to see as many 1000+rwhp cobras

Here you go...

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/RET-1058-HP-Twin-Turbo_200663.htm]RET 1058 HP Twin Turbo Mustang- Video[/ame]

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1178-Single-Turbo-Cobra_205002.htm]1178 Single Turbo Cobra Tuned at RET- Video[/ame]

cohhbra

Established Member
i'm not saying 1000rwhp cobras don't exist, it just seems there's not as many of them, why do supras on run 10's with that much power

ZACH'S97

Established Member
I know of several cars making huge power numbers...but a lot more is necessary to run a good 1/4. Weight, gearing, suspension, etc. The power has to be useable power. I know of a single turbo supra that is making a little over 700rwhp...its dead out of the hole, and when it spools it starts spinning...same with a single turbo corvette making 1100rwhp. If it doesn't spin, it breaks a half shaft...from a roll high enough to keep it hooked the car is an animal though!

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
i'm not saying 1000rwhp cobras don't exist, it just seems there's not as many of them, why do supras on run 10's with that much power

Turbo Cobra just started becoming popular a couple of years ago also, Supras came w/ turbos and have been around for over a decade.
Remember w. 480 whp Cobras were a hot item around town, then came the 600 whp Cobras and now the 750 to 850 whp Stangs? 18 months and you'll see allot of 1000+'ers . Not to mention, not everyone feels the need to fill up w/ race fuel daily

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Supra's have a horrible time trying to get the power to the ground. They will spin all the way down the 1320. That is why they have horrible E.T's for the power they put down. They are highway monsters, don't get me wrong, but they won't show it at the track.

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
Yeah, they SUCK, that's why the fastest manual tranny car in the world is a Supra, the fastest car in the standing mile is also a Supra, and the fastest car in the 1/8 mile is also powered by a Supra engine.

Real underachievers...

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
yeah, they suck, that's why the fastest manual tranny car in the world is a supra, the fastest car in the standing mile is also a supra, and the fastest car in the 1/8 mile is also powered by a supra engine.

Real underachievers...

lol.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
I have a turbo cobra, but I am still a huge supra nut swinger, I have wanted that car "Before the Fast & Furious Era". It my opinion it is one of the best built cars, and there are 8 second supra's but they have also been 8 second mustangs. To each his own. Hopefully I am blessed with a Supra or C6 vette later this year, and I am keeping my stang.

cohhbra

Established Member
i feel stupid for not realizing that cobra haven't been out as long as supras...how do the supras torque compare to their hp cause i don't see too many of them talk about torque?

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Upgrading turbo is a hell of a lot cheaper, when I upgrade to the precision turbo it will only cost me 1200.00 bucks. Also cobra's make more torque than supra's

Evan601

Established Member
Yeah, they SUCK, that's why the fastest manual tranny car in the world is a Supra, the fastest car in the standing mile is also a Supra, and the fastest car in the 1/8 mile is also powered by a Supra engine.

Real underachievers...

I dont think the car can keep up with your mouth and its claims.

Users who are viewing this thread