1000+ rwhp

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
i'm not saying 1000rwhp cobras don't exist, it just seems there's not as many of them, why do supras on run 10's with that much power

This is b/c the Mark IV Supra came out in 1993 and the Terminator didn't until 2003. So they have had an entire decade to jump ahead. Turbo 03'-04's have only been really starting to come out in the last year or so. You'll start seeing plenty of them in the next few years. Plus another reason why you do not see many of them is b/c now it's too easy to make 700+rwhp out of one of the big Twin Screws. Just a simple blower swap(and supporting mods, of course) as compared to an entire Turbo comversion.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Jroc... yea that's Mark Larsens's car w the big single turbo. Funny that's at our local track, cedar falls raceway. He since has switched to big stuff 3 and made over 1k w the stock 4.6 engine. Has ran faster times also.

Another car around here is that 93 cobra of ninesecsnake w the twin turbo 5.4. He put cams in and heads ported resulting in over 1k w moderate boost. Aem ecu w a auto. 160# injectors. It's a plated street car also. Transmission problems last yr.
Hp and tq figures w new setup
1160rwhp 988rwtq 24lbs
8.86@163 275 m/t radials
342072196.jpg

Digital

Established Member
I know of a few local guys making around 700 rwhp either through eaton and nitrous, or a bigger blower either by itself or sprayed. Some like myself will make it with a turbo kit.
With 700rwhp, decent suspention and tires, and some weight reduction you can run 9s in a cobra that you can daily drive. I don't see why you would need 1000hp. More people do more with less then people do with more as far as terminators are concerned. Some of the best times are full weight, stock, with minimal power increases, just some badass driving.

Like someone said earlier It's fairly easy to get to 700rwhp and that's really all you need to run a very high 9 if your car is setup right. This can even be done on the eaton with nitrous so why go for more?

Give the cobras another 5-10 years and you'll see the average mark go from 700 to 900. Then as internal upgrades become available at cheaper and cheaper prices you'll see that number rise to 1200 where you start to run into issues with the block.

Right now it seems like a decent "safe" power for these cars is mid 700s, as more people push into the 900s you'll see that become the norm. Soon as we get better refined ways to get more fuel to these cars you'll see more and more people pushing the limits of t56 and stock internals.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
This is why I like Ryan's 93 cobra (ninesecsnake) check this vid out. Smooth idle, nothing out of the ordinary w hood shut. It even has the door open alarm. Btw don't think you can make that much power w a s/c on xx boost and the best part turn boost down at will. One of the first turbo mod cars I really like. Btw he can run e85 or e98 w 12 injectors. Imo a outstanding example of a modular turbo application. I'm sure more cars like this are on the way.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2buJhlRFFQ]YouTube - Twin Turbo 5.4, 160lb injectors, MMR stage 3 turbo cams[/ame]

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Yeah, they SUCK, that's why the fastest manual tranny car in the world is a Supra, the fastest car in the standing mile is also a Supra, and the fastest car in the 1/8 mile is also powered by a Supra engine.

Real underachievers...

:rolleyes:

Hmm.... Pretty sure thats the dumbest $hit I've ever heard

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
OP this is with a Hellraiser kit which uses TT in conjuction with the Eaton.(which hampers peak # as it limits the boost you can run with the turbo's) This may even be on a factory longblock.[/url]
I'm not sure what you mean here. Yeah, technically the boost from the turbos alone is much lower than if you didn't have the blower too. But, the compoud boost is much higher with both power adders. He was runing around 35-40 PSI total boost if I'm not mistaken. What the blower does is make the turbos MUCh more efficient thus not requiring as much boost pressure to flow the same amout of air through the turbos. That car has twin 60 trim turbos. There is no way a factory longblock can make that kind of power with those turbos alone.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
One other reason why the Supras are fast is that they have a wider powerband. They rev those things to like 9500 RPM's and they are making peak power from ~5500 on up. So, a 4K RPM powerband with peak power. I think the Modular's are capable of running very high RPM's but nobody seems to set them up that way.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I'm not sure what you mean here. Yeah, technically the boost from the turbos alone is much lower than if you didn't have the blower too. But, the compoud boost is much higher with both power adders. He was runing around 35-40 PSI total boost if I'm not mistaken. What the blower does is make the turbos MUCh more efficient thus not requiring as much boost pressure to flow the same amout of air through the turbos. That car has twin 60 trim turbos. There is no way a factory longblock can make that kind of power with those turbos alone.

The Blower actually restricts the flow going into the motor as the HP increases. They did a dyno test in MM+FF not too long ago, where the turbos alone made more power without the blower above like 4800 RPM or somewhere around there.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I did see the article in MM&FF. I understand what you are saying but that car in the video will not make that kind of power with off-the-shelf Garrett 60 trim turbos like are on that car with a stock longblock. They become very inefficient at higher pressures and all you'll get is a ton of back pressure and high IAT's pushing over 30 PSI with those turbos and never make that kind of power. The blower allows the turbos to move a lot of air more freely without near as much turbo boost. So if you look at a compressor map for those turbos, they could make that kind of power on the outer fringes and apparently do with the aid of the blower. It's like the blower makes them effiecient on the map when alone, they are out of their efficiency range. I mean the proof is in the numbers he posted. But those turbos alone, no way.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I did see the article in MM&FF. I understand what you are saying but that car in the video will not make that kind of power with off-the-shelf Garrett 60 trim turbos like are on that car with a stock longblock. They become very inefficient at higher pressures and all you'll get is a ton of back pressure and high IAT's pushing over 30 PSI with those turbos and never make that kind of power. The blower allows the turbos to move a lot of air more freely without near as much turbo boost. So if you look at a compressor map for those turbos, they could make that kind of power on the outer fringes and apparently do with the aid of the blower. It's like the blower makes them effiecient on the map when alone, they are out of their efficiency range. I mean the proof is in the numbers he posted. But those turbos alone, no way.

Which video are you talking about? I thought you were talking about the Hellion compound kit. The Turbonetics 61's that Hellion uses should make 600-650 a piece I think.

I dont see how the Eaton can make the turbos more efficient, when pound for pound the turbos alone will make more power.

novi2000

Established Member
Which video are you talking about? I thought you were talking about the Hellion compound kit. The Turbonetics 61's that Hellion uses should make 600-650 a piece I think.

I dont see how the Eaton can make the turbos more efficient, when pound for pound the turbos alone will make more power.

I am pretty sure that the compound setup can make more power than the tubos setup alone at full tilt, what do you guys think?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member

Post #29, 3rd video down. The one that made 1020rwhp. That's an HP twin 60 trim kit--not a Hellion. He put that kit on after seeing the article in the mag. No way twin 60 trims will make that kind of power on a 4.6L stock longblock without the blower.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97170

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Not to mention they are T3/T4 turbos. Probably (but not sure) they even have the small standard .48 a/r housings that come with the HP kit.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
It's better for you to keep you mouth shut and let people think you are uninformed than to open your mouth and prove that you really are... :bash:

It would also be better for you to shut the **** up and stop talking about cars that are not even yours. Thanks for talking about some random ass car.

SleeperSupra

V8 KILLER
Established Member
I wasn't even talking to you...

If someone were saying ignorant crap about 01 Mustang v6 convertibles you could chime in. I wouldn't care if you set them straight. But nobody was talking crap about V6 Mustangs. They were saying false statements about turbo Supras so I corrected them...

No need to make this personal...

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Post #29, 3rd video down. The one that made 1020rwhp. That's an HP twin 60 trim kit--not a Hellion. He put that kit on after seeing the article in the mag. No way twin 60 trims will make that kind of power on a 4.6L stock longblock without the blower.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97170

Oh. He says it's a Hellraiser kit in his post listing the videos. Everything I've read and informed people I've talked to have said the Turbos will make more on their own, then with the Eaton on there too. The motor is only gonna make as much power as the exhaust housings are gonna let it, no matter what you have throwing air into it anyway.

The Hellion kit I have has .63 housings.

Users who are viewing this thread