10 hr trip to Amazon

Red99SVT

Established Member
Damn so now Kurgan is a "tooner"? WTF?:shrug:

Nope. It was a vague statement. Bob would actually be one of my first choices anywhere. Stop trying to stir a pot that isnt there. If you have been around this game very long or even been at multiple shops you would know that they have all heard complaints from people about every shop under the sun. It was just a statement.

iggster

Established Member
Look guys were dealing with high hp complicated setups. Shit happens, we're not tuning stock civic with a k&n air filter. Be patient and it'll work out. Complaining over a 24 hr delay is ridiculous.

Its been at amazon for 2+ weeks, I am new to tuning and when I threw my mustang on the dyno for the first time with me tuning it, I ran into issues left and right but I was able to finish the tune in 1 1/2 hours. Second time I took it back it took longer to strap it down and set it up then the tunning :p

People are right though it does happen everywhere, RET took about 1 week to get my car back to me, Swanson about a week and power train dynamics about a week to.

When you get the car back though you will be happy though :) I sure was no matter how long it took lol

Last edited:

silverpoison

MAD TORQUE Inc.
Established Member
Last edited:

iggster

Established Member
Uh Sergio, I was here when your car was. Your car was dropped off and picked up the next day. Only reason it was here one day was RET didnt have Tbolt clamps, the ones you still have on your intake :beer:

Single Turbo Mach1 - YouTube

Even my car was tuned in a couple hours.
Twin Turbo 3V S197 - YouTube

Actually you are right and wrong lol

He needed the t bolts and a mass air flange that muscle motors sent was wrong.

Car was at ret over a week but it wasn't his fault or mine, wrong parts got sent accidentally. I do remember paying on3 for next day shipping on a mass air flange, to get the correct one.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Well today we finally got this mess ironed out. Once again Rick came through and busted his ass all day to make it happen. I arrived in nc around 630 am and by 9 the car was strapped down. It's really looking like my negligence is to blame for this whole mess since I never reinstalled the noise suppressors on the back of the heads. My 60's didn't mind their absence but these 80's were a little less forgiving. Long story short the car is running good, but thanks to a slipping blower belt I didn't get the numbers you guys are looking for. The car struggled to maintain an average of 15 psi after 5200 rpm when it really just started making power and made a whopping 500 on the mustang dyno.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Op , didnt u have a whipple 3.4 after you sold the kb 2.2 ? I keep hearing centris on this cars is not the best route but maybe im wrong . Always kept hearing from tuners that twinscrew or turbo is what this cars like . Good luck with everything bud

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Op , didnt u have a whipple 3.4 after you sold the kb 2.2 ? I keep hearing centris on this cars is not the best route but maybe im wrong . Always kept hearing from tuners that twinscrew or turbo is what this cars like . Good luck with everything bud

I think what they mean when they say centris arnt a good match for our cars because the compression ratio is a little low to take full advantage and because of that centri terminators tend to feel a little soft at lower rpm untill they get spinning. I did have a 3.4 but I traded it for the f1a for a few reasons. The first being the smooth linear power curve of the centri. I want to make big power but I want it to be tractable on the street and I like the fact that it doesn't hit the drivetrain as hard so early. I also like the fact that my iat 2 reading was 122* in a 93* shop after making multiple pulls. The power band with this blower is so smooth and pulls hard even under the current conditions. Comparing to my KB, yeah the 2.2 definitely felt strong but it was a hard hit that wasn't really spectacular after that, this on the other hand starts out pretty docile but by 5k has you in the seat pulling like a freight train. Even though I didn't get the numbers I wanted right now we got the major bugs worked out of the car, ill be back with a couple different pullies and some race gas in the fall to get what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread