10 hr trip to Amazon

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Didn't get to it today..........

Idk what's going on, yesterday he said today was the day but he got tied up on another car. Kinda feel like maybe I'm getting pushed to the back burner

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member

Idk what's going on, yesterday he said today was the day but he got tied up on another car. Kinda feel like maybe I'm getting pushed to the back burner

That sucks! That's why I use bob kurgan, he will always gets you in, and sticks to his word. Been using him for 5 years now.

Last edited:

iggster

Established Member

This was one of the reasons I started tuning my own car, tuners saying "mechanical problems" "you need this so I can tune it (even though the parts where new)" "oh I couldnt get to it today I had to finish up another car"

LIKE WTF am I not that important????:shrug: Guess not..... Now I tune my own and I don't deal with ANYONE'S BS, and when I tune for people I give that car my full attention and wont stop work on it till its done right.

filebug

Established Member
Man I wish I could tune myself my cars been down for week since rick tune started giving me rich on wot.(was just a startup tune) a/f ranging from 7-20ish, Im sure I could drive but why risk it right? I sure hope we can get it safe with the remote tune. rick I hear does awesome work but with quality come time and it is hard to have patience. He seems really busy every time I talk to him. Remote tune is my only option in SWArkansas less I wanna drive to Memphis to put on a dyno for 650 and even that tuner was already talking about replacing this and that. Gets you kinda unmotivated

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

itSSlow98

Established Member
Look guys were dealing with high hp complicated setups. Shit happens, we're not tuning stock civic with a k&n air filter. Be patient and it'll work out. Complaining over a 24 hr delay is ridiculous.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Where is kurgan located out of curiosity

I talked to Rick and he had nothing but good things to say about you and that your car should be done this weekend. be patient- you're coming down this weekend anyways so what does it matter if its done today or when you get there? (this is directed at all the replies to your delay).
being a home tuner myself I understand the complications and delays of tuning. When you start throwing in business matters and everybodies little cut corners and bullshit setups then I can see where the delay comes from. Rick's always been great- but his problem until now was that he had no other help at all at his shop. Now that he is partnered with boosted performance he can focus more on tuning I assume.

woodrow5.0

Established Member
Where is kurgan located out of curiosity

just a short ride south in north Ga. and you cant go wrong with him,as a matter of fact last time i was there he had a car that came straight ,from amazon there cleaning up the tune on it,if you keep having problems give him a call and he will get you straightened out.........quickly

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I talked to Rick and he had nothing but good things to say about you and that your car should be done this weekend. be patient- you're coming down this weekend anyways so what does it matter if its done today or when you get there? (this is directed at all the replies to your delay).
being a home tuner myself I understand the complications and delays of tuning. When you start throwing in business matters and everybodies little cut corners and bullshit setups then I can see where the delay comes from. Rick's always been great- but his problem until now was that he had no other help at all at his shop. Now that he is partnered with boosted performance he can focus more on tuning I assume.

I agree totally here, Amazon and Boosted Performance just went through a major move. I know how impatiences wears on "us" car guys. We have dumped a ton of Money into our rides and then we want to enjoy them. Its as if we want to take it to a tuner and expect it to go in and come out with no problems. I always get up set because I feel like I have worked on it, researched it, looked at others builds and feel like I have everything figured out.

But all to often It never fails, We see something that isn't working with something else and therefore it doesn't turn out the way we want.

That's were we start wanting to give up, part it out, just take a break from the car scene etc etc.

But if we persevere through it, the end result is most likely very satisfying. I would imagine that if your coming down this weekend he is working very hard to make sure it will be ready.

Hopefully with the new partnership they will be able to turn out cars a lot quicker and Rick can now focus just on doing the tuning. I feel that as in any new adventure there will be bumps but overall I think it will be a very good end result.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
just a short ride south in north Ga. and you cant go wrong with him,as a matter of fact last time i was there he had a car that came straight ,from amazon there cleaning up the tune on it,if you keep having problems give him a call and he will get you straightened out.........quickly

out of respect for Rick, I have seen the same cars go to Bobs and come to Ricks to get back on track.

it happens everywhere so I would just leave it at that. I know your just responding to his question of where Bobs place is at but I would leave out the other.

Red99SVT

Established Member
out of respect for Rick, I have seen the same cars go to Bobs and come to Ricks to get back on track.

it happens everywhere so I would just leave it at that. I know your just responding to his question of where Bobs place is at but I would leave out the other.

Yep agreed. Every shop has had to "fix" another tooners problem at one point or another Im sure.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member

true dat. :beer:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
It was just a question, guys relax I'm happy with amazon as a company and the work he's done. I was simply curious where kurgan was located that's all!!

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Look guys were dealing with high hp complicated setups. Shit happens, we're not tuning stock civic with a k&n air filter. Be patient and it'll work out. Complaining over a 24 hr delay is ridiculous.

I'm not complaining at all, I was told it would be done for the weekend and I trust it will be.

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member

Thanks but I went to Rick for a reason and I'm sure the tune will be just fine when he's done.

Users who are viewing this thread