10 hr trip to Amazon

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I really don't believe its slipping either but what else would cause the boost curve to fall above 5k? No boost leaks and bov is working correctly. Blower belt is tight enough in my eyes but Im going to try to tighten it a hair more and see what happens, possibly replace the belt. Unfortunately the bolt that goes through the center of the tensioner pulley has become seized (maybe not seized just too tight) and is in such a spot where I cant get the box end of the wrench on it, today ill be pulling the headunit and brackets just to loosen that god dam bolt and tighten the belt.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I really don't believe its slipping either but what else would cause the boost curve to fall above 5k? No boost leaks and bov is working correctly. Blower belt is tight enough in my eyes but Im going to try to tighten it a hair more and see what happens, possibly replace the belt. Unfortunately the bolt that goes through the center of the tensioner pulley has become seized (maybe not seized just too tight) and is in such a spot where I cant get the box end of the wrench on it, today ill be pulling the headunit and brackets just to loosen that god dam bolt and tighten the belt.

I wish I had some suggestions for u, but I don't. Best of luck, I considered doing a 12 rib setup, but decided on making my own 8 rib setup based off the 6 rib mounting plate. If it helps any my belt isn't very tight in my eyes. What size is your blower pulley?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
For reference, my blower pulley is 4", and outer crank pulley is 8". Belt cant be twisted more than 45 degrees, so its tight. Makes 22.5psi at 6800rpm.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Vador I'm so aggravated with this thing right now I havnt driven it. I ordered a belt encased it will be here Wednesday

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Between the belt slip, the gasket between the procharger upper and lower mani is leaking, and the car bucking like a bastard in every gear except 5th at a steady throttle, I'm ready to set fire to it.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
:( been there done that, this is why a bunch of "fully built" cars with near 100k invested are always in the market for 25k
live through the stress

vadorsnake04

Established Member
keep your cool with it is all i can say. I mean i just did a compression test on my built motor and found that it needs to be pulled and fixed. This will be the third time i have pulled it since owning the car lol. no biggie though actually contemplating putting stock cams back in it and going turbo again in a couple years lol. just part of owning a car like you have.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
Between the belt slip, the gasket between the procharger upper and lower mani is leaking, and the car bucking like a bastard in every gear except 5th at a steady throttle, I'm ready to set fire to it.

i dont blame you for not driving it if you are experiencing this many issues.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
keep your cool with it is all i can say. I mean i just did a compression test on my built motor and found that it needs to be pulled and fixed. This will be the third time i have pulled it since owning the car lol. no biggie though actually contemplating putting stock cams back in it and going turbo again in a couple years lol. just part of owning a car like you have.

I hear ya man, that's a shame about your motor though. Right now im kinda kicking my self for getting rid of the 3.4 whipple for this, but I'm so far in to this set up there's no turning back. Guess ill just go with the flow and see where it goes

Users who are viewing this thread