10 hr trip to Amazon

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I do know that procharger setups do take some work though to get correct. Interested to see how the gasket change helps.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Belt dust on the brackets tells me the belt was slipping, whether or not that's the whole problem Idk ill find out this weekend. I like to think of cog drive as assurance rather than a band aid.... It definitely won't slip the belt

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I won't knock your decision i just think it was you throwing money at it in desperation of not being able to figure out the issue. I have been there!

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
That's hardly the case, if it was I wouldn't have spent 98 bucks on a 12 rib belt on Monday. The deal came up to trade my 12 rib stuff so I did. I should've put a new belt on it when I installed the kit in the first place but it appeared to be in good shape. Yeah the manifold gasket is leaking but I don't think I'm losing 5 psi from it.

IMAG0231.jpg

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Funny you say that because I keep thinking I should have stayed with the 3.4. I hope this big centri thing changes my mind that's for sure

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I thought you had the dedicated drive all along? you need to check alignment of every beltwise before you back to the dyno. mine was 1/8" off from procharger (blower pulley to outer crank pulley) and so I had it cnc'd and sent pics to procharger so they could remedy it in the future. You also have to make sure your blower belt tensioner is in the right position.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I did have dedicated drive, 12 rib though, now I'm going to cog. I'll check pulley alignment when I get it back together. My belt tensioner is the jack bolt style it just slides up and down

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I did have dedicated drive, 12 rib though, now I'm going to cog. I'll check pulley alignment when I get it back together. My belt tensioner is the jack bolt style it just slides up and down

my blower belt tensioner is round, and is on inside of the plate that the blower bolts to. It's round and has 5 bolts that fix it in it's position. It rotates to where you need it, then you tighten it down. The cog plate uses a slide style tensioner like my accessory drive belt has. good luck

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
That's completely different than what I have, ill take a pic tonight. Mine doesn't have multiple positions, just one.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
I thought you had the dedicated drive all along? you need to check alignment of every beltwise before you back to the dyno. mine was 1/8" off from procharger (blower pulley to outer crank pulley) and so I had it cnc'd and sent pics to procharger so they could remedy it in the future. You also have to make sure your blower belt tensioner is in the right position.

How did you check it that accurately?

Users who are viewing this thread