10 hr trip to Amazon

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
After talking with Rick and Linn a number of times for email tunes I decided to bite the bullet and make the 10 hr haul for some dyno tuning. We left new jersey last night at 8 pm and arrived at the new facility around 7am. The car is strapped down to the dyno now, after the first 3 pulls the car wouldn't stop going lean at 10 psi no matter how much fuel Rick gave it. He condemned the pro m Maf and put on a slot style with a mafia and is currently writing the new tune. If everything works out ill have videos and numbers for you guys for two tunes. First 93 pump gas and meth, then shell urt advanced and meth. Hoping for some respectable numbers out of this setup so stay tuned

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I'm totally confident he will take care of it. We're just going to do a ba5000 and be done with it. Between Rick and Donny from boosted performance, everything under the sun was done to try to get this car done from 930 a.m. to 630 p.m. So far this has been a great experience, I just can't wait to get it done.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
Sucks it couldn't get done in one shot. But these little problems always seem to pop up. I'm curious why you're going to run meth with the URT though. The URT should be able to handle just about all the boost and timing you can throw at it. What's the rationale behind that? Not criticizing, just curious.... Jim

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Just using the methanol to keep the iat down. It's just the plan for now, if it turns out that iat is where it should be then he's not going to use it. It's an air to water set up, just wanna be safe in the summer heat

Last edited:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I figured it was for IAT's. The URT fuel is very detonation resistant as I'm sure you know. I'd run straight URT and let her rip! Good luck with the tune. Can't wait to hear what it makes

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
10 hours for a tune? Spent more on gas and your time then getting it done locally?

Hope it works out for you and post numbers when done

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I figured it was for IAT's. The URT fuel is very detonation resistant as I'm sure you know. I'd run straight URT and let her rip! Good luck with the tune. Can't wait to hear what it makes

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Hopefully it will work well. Until Saturday I didn't know much about the URT but Rick is very confident in the fuel. He's got plans of quite a bit of timing and seems to think I should see 700 on the mustang dyno. Needless to say I'd be a happy guy if it happens

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
10 hours for a tune? Spent more on gas and your time then getting it done locally?

Nothing against the local guys by me but 2 of them couldn't get the car in until October and the third I'm not a fan of for quite a few reasons, I went to Rick because of his reputation. I could care less about the gas, he treats his customers like normal human beings, he's fair, and goes to great lengths to make sure the job gets done. Over the years I've read countless stories of people getting sent home from the tuner with a problem and a list of things it MIGHT be. That's not the case with Amazon, your going to get what you pay for.

Last edited:

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I really think you will be super happy with 700 on the Mustang Dyno, I hate you had to make two trips but I know Rick and Donnie will do everything in there power to make it right for you.

GL and I can't wait to see the numbers. Heck stop by on the way through and say hello.........

:rockon:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
The car is still there, Rick is having some issues with his equipment that will hopefully be straightened out on Monday. I'm getting a little anxious now...

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I really think you will be super happy with 700 on the Mustang Dyno, I hate you had to make two trips but I know Rick and Donnie will do everything in there power to make it right for you.

GL and I can't wait to see the numbers. Heck stop by on the way through and say hello.........

:rockon:

The two trip thing does suck but it is what it is. The car is in good hands and ill surely let you know when I'm down there. I plan on going down for the coming 3 day weekend to get a little more time so ill hit ya up

itSSlow98

Established Member

If you havent learned already everything is not about money. I would gladly spend double to go to Rick then pay half that for evolution because of the customer service.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I'll be there on the 8th of sept., and hopefully your car won't still be there. But if it is- I'm taking a picture with both of our f1a cars side by side. lol

Blackedout

Established Member
Hope it all works out for you... Looking forward to some #'s.. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread