Would you date someone with herpes?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
My wife has a friend that has it. She got it from her first husband, who wasn't symptomatic and claimed he had no idea he had it until she showed symptoms. At that point, she was already screwed, so they stayed together, got married and split up after about 4yrs because he was indeed a man whore and got busted cheating on her.

So she was back to single and with the herp through no fault of her own. I felt really bad for her. She ended up getting remarried and is so far living happily ever after, but I would say she's an 8.5 married to a dude that's a 6 on a good day. I assume the herp had something to do with that - so my question to the OP, are you the 6 in this story and she's the 8+?

Last edited:

04YellowGT

Established Member
A really good friend of mine dated a woman with type 2. He didn't know it though when he started dating her. They dated for a few months and fooled around a few times. He finally tried to go all the way and she stopped him and thats when he found out. He naturally freaked out. He had feelings for her so he went to his doctor with her to discuss the situation and also to get tested. The doctor basically told him its a matter of when not if he gets it. It wasn't something he was willing to risk being in his early 30s and not knowing for sure if she was the "one".

There are so many women out there. I can't imagine risking catching something like that. It is a stigma and when you have it you are pretty much stuck dating someone that also has it.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
"HSV-2 is most often passed by vaginal sex and anal sex. But just as HSV-1 can infect the genitals and cause genital herpes, HSV-2 can pass from one person's genitals to another person's mouth, resulting in oral herpes."

Maybe I'm misreading it, as I take it you can get type 2 on the mouth area or genitals but to transmit type 2 you must be touching the business, while type 1 can be from just kissing and hit either region as well. I'm a long long way from a doc though so idk.

You need to read that again.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
At least she was honest about it. She could have let you kiss her or sleep with her and then called you and said"Dr Gonzo guess what you got the herps"

blownbrainmustang

Established Member
I'll give my input here for the little it's worth.

In high school I worked at a Sonic where my shift leader had herpes. Her story was that she let some dude eat her out and she contracted it. Always wore stretchy pants that didn't irritate her down there, and my manager told me she's not allowed to cook because of health risks (open cuts or whatever, idk)
She's dating some geeky kid from school now, they seem happy.

Ending, I couldn't do it but I'm not a geeky kid who's never had a gf before

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

phillycobra99

Established Member
I would say no. You don't know if the relationship will work out for the long term, and there are plenty of women out there without STD's.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I dated a girl with hsv-2. She was pretty freaking hot and really cool so I gave her date package #4, which is only reserved for the tier one hotness levels. It was a great time and I really liked her. I dropped her off at home and we went out again a couple nights later. We wound up at her place at the end of the night and things were going well. She got up and walked to her room and came back out a couple minutes later. She had tears in her eyes and told me about it. I happened to have worked with her ex husband before and he was a real pos. He got some other woman prego and got herpes from God knows who, but never told my girl. She learned she had it and took the meds to control it. I felt horrible for her and kept seeing her for a while longer, but that was always in the back of my mind. I never had sex with her, although she tried real hard. I did mess around with her a little, but was always nervous. I wound up ending it because I couldn't get passed it. She has been dating some other guy now for the past couple years, which I'm happy about for her. Seems to not bother him I guess. Point is that it's something I just couldn't get over to really try and have a normal relationship, but it is for the guy she is with now. You have to decide if you can get passed it or if it's just too much. No one can make that decision but you bro. The risk of going along with it and potentially contracting it and not knowing if the relationship will last or not is a huge gamble. Are you a betting man? I will also add that I dated a couple women that I'd contract it on purpose to be with again : /

DropSVT

Established Member
U can get 2 by yourself touching your mouth then playing with yourself. It doesn't mean she's lying to u

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I don't see the problem with it. She's keeping in check and who cares if she's slept with a few other guys. Would you rather have someone know what they are doing in bed or date a complete amateur?

Sent from my GDI turbo Mustang

nxhappy

Established Member
no slob on the knob, plus the risk of contracting it? **** no my friend. too many fish in the sea so I'd RUN

Blown 89

Established Member
The doctor basically told him its a matter of when not if he gets it.
Type 2 is definitely a win. My doctor told me the same thing when I a
"HSV-2 is most often passed by vaginal sex and anal sex. But just as HSV-1 can infect the genitals and cause genital herpes, HSV-2 can pass from one person's genitals to another person's mouth, resulting in oral herpes."

Maybe I'm misreading it, as I take it you can get type 2 on the mouth area or genitals but to transmit type 2 you must be touching the business, while type 1 can be from just kissing and hit either region as well. I'm a long long way from a doc though so idk.
According to WebMD all you need is "close contact or sexual activity". They go on to say "HSV-1 and HSV-2 are transmitted through direct contact, including kissing, sexual contact (vaginal, oral, or anal sex), or skin-to-skin contact."

SLOW32V

Established Member
Have a buddy who's wife has it, not sure what type. They've been married 7 years with a couple kids and he's yet to catch it. She's on some medicine and he gets checked pretty often just in case. Your call hombre. Personally though, negative.

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Comes down to the heart man. Love and a quality relationship isn't something that's manufactured and purchased. You just kind of find it.

As far as the girls honesty and integrity, her actions and her life are usually a good judge of what type of person she is. The good job, good friends, good living situation and good with money is usually a pointer towards a keeper. As far as how many partners and all.. you've got to remember the social stigma is different for men and women. If a woman has a shit ton of sex with a shit ton of dudes, she's slut shamed. If a guy does it, he's considered a baller. So when a woman finds someone she wants to be with and cares for, the last thing she is going to dude is sling her dick around and tell you how many sexual conquests shes had. Even if she's being honest, most women aren't proudly beating their chest declaring their passed sex lives. Dudes do that, and if a girl brags about it to you on a date, check her for tranny symptoms.

The herpes thing isn't something you will find as rare over time. I believe things happen for a reason (divinely or not) and this is probably a test for you. If you truly care for her, you won't judge and you won't hold it against her to the point you won't date her.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member

Girl won't kiss you on the mouth because she has herpes. Girl claims she contracted herpes 3 years ago, but did not have intercourse. Girl states she has herpes Type II.

Sounds like she played some tonsil hockey with an infected stick.

In all seriousness.... RUN!

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread