Worst Thing You've Done

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
What's the worst NON-criminal thing you've done in your life? Did you learn anything from it or make changes in your life or did you get away with it and continue on?

Mine - Cheated on my Wife for a little over a year. I outed myself and life has been MUCH better since. I told my Wife about 15 months ago and it was the best decision in my life. It forced my to hit bottom and look at myself and the man I had become. After going to counseling both separately and together my personal life has completely turned around and I no longer carry the burden of being a lying piece of shit and anticipating my downfall. I changed the person I am and the way I treat everyone around me and I'm loving life. My Wife and I have been together for 22 years and married for 11 and our relationship has become better than I ever could have hoped.

Lesson learned - communicate with your loved ones no matter how hard it is because small problems turn into huge ones over time and destroy lives. If you can't figure out the communication piece I HIGHLY recommend counseling, (from a guy that always said it was bullshit) it turned my life around.

Recon

Established Member
I had an incredibly bad lying problem. It was bad enough that if my mouth was moving I was lying. Caused me to loose nearly all my friendships, and naturally no one really believed anything I said. One day about 2 years ago I finally reached the point of having enough. Now I speak the truth regardless of if it makes me look like a fool.
Sometimes my boss wants me to tell the customers something I know isn’t true, which bothers me quite a lot. He’s a good man, but we’re overrun; and we’re having employee issues. He tells me to tell the customers what they want to hear. Which is, most of the time, when their car will be worked on. Sometimes it’s, “we’re going to look at it today,” and it doesn’t happen. Which bothers me a great deal. To me it’s lying to the customer. Makes me feel like I’m going back to the low life I once was, but my solution is making the boss tell them when we’ll look at it.
Lesson - lying will ruin your life if you let it. Tell the truth. Another thing I learned is you don’t have to remember anything you say when telling the truth like you do when you’re lying. Being you’re telling the truth and not lying.

Pick your poison.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have a list of stupid things. Some only a few know of. I learned from my stupidity, and with that I have moved forward with the knowledge I cannot change the past.

The saying remains true; if I could do things over again, knowing what I know today...

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I drank a Zima once.
They still make Zima for Japan or at least in 2015 they did. Had one for nostalgia’s sake. Then they brought it back to the states, bought a 6 pack. I ran out of all other booze one night and had the 5 left that the wife didn’t want. I forgot how horrible those hangovers were.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
They still make Zima for Japan or at least in 2015 they did. Had one for nostalgia’s sake. Then they brought it back to the states, bought a 6 pack. I ran out of all other booze one night and had the 5 left that the wife didn’t want. I forgot how horrible those hangovers were.
One of the few things you can drink, that causes you to hate yourself in the morning. Both physically and because you made the choice to drink one.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Do you mean "worst" as in stupidest?

..."worst" as in most evil thing you did that will dang you to heck,

or "worst" golf score? (I used to win a dozen golf balls every year at the national sales meeting with 600 guys for shooting the worst golf score at the company outing)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I drank a Zima once.

So that is when you started touching belly buttons?

Mine is not just a singular instance. It was years of making choices I knew would have terrible consequences and getting myself into relationships that would bring me down.

Sent from your mom’s sex drawer using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
We can go on and on about what we have done wrong. Leave the past dead and move on OP. You will feel better for it
Exactly. You will never change the past.

I have to admit that the OP has a pair of steel nuggets. He rolled the dice and did something he believed needed to be done. He cleared his conscience, and improved his life. For that you have my utmost respect. I can't tell you how many men and women that have sat across the table from me and admitted the same act. Only one woman in 15 years of ministry and counseling decided it best to tell her husband.

I will admit; I don't think I could build the intestinal fortitude needed to tell my wife I cheated. Then again, my wife is German. I would likely be on a missing persons list.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
So that is when you started touching belly buttons?

Mine is not just a singular instance. It was years of making choices I knew would have terrible consequences and getting myself into relationships that would bring me down.

Sent from your mom’s sex drawer using the svtperformance.com mobile app
99% of our problems in life come from personal decisions.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Didn't have to think about it. Troubled more about the willingness to share. After being married to the first succubus off and on for ten years, thousands in counseling, working 70 hours a week so she could stay home. Having a home just outside DC and a second vacation home at 30 years old. The day came when I had to leave. Packed up one suitcase heading toward the door with the succubus screaming waking up my little 4 year old daughter. She looked at me and said (Daddy don't leave) hands down the worst thing I had to do! However, it did turn out to best in the long run. Nobody could say I didn't try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread