Wife Just Don't Understand

Alensvsix

Established Member
WOW! Sincerely brother, you better get this figured out QUICK! For the absolute life of me, I do NOT understand why so many men allow their women to dictate their interests and hobbies, to such a degree as many of the stories that I read on this site suggest…..and vice versa for that matter. Support one another's hobbies with great fervor. KNOW that so long as it does not compromise the family's financial stability, each partner's interests may very well result in occasional monetary loss for the benefit of cont'd interest and immersion. Fair is fair, but be up front and honest. Otherwise, it WILL get worse with marriage!
This is a dangerous game! Same as gambling hence were are talking about an serious ADDICTION!
Woman are sent for us from above, yeah laugh right now but the last laugh will be on me!
They are, some of them ...are not open for car addiction therefor they are more able to disect how far you can drown yourself, herself into dept!
Something need to be said here clearly:
Only because me or someone else here is rocketing with an 400+ HP car through the cities doesnt mean we have the same financial pressure as you.
Some of us allready payed these literally toy cars and we are not dealing with these kind of side effects like you..dept...higher payment.
Stuff like that is plain and simple stupid. Think it that way if you now start to drown yourself in higher dept...you will have it later on much harder to get yourself in track..financially speaking.
I hate it! I really hate it seeing young people, wonderful girlfriends and their boyfriends fighting about such idiotic things! At the end your freaking addiction can cost you your w(l)ife!
Seeing guys with terminators is a cool thing, I know that and dreaming of owning it is also a nice thing but man theres a point in life where you need to stand your man and grow up. Try to stand above all that SVT stuff and be happy with what you got. Believe me drive that thing( current ) a little longer, start saving and you will be able to safe up that money instead of getting ripped of by hilarious high interests.
Im known to be the banks biggest enemy...do it like me...and you will be a happy man for the rest of your life!

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
I made it very clear to my Wife when we met that I love cars and obsess over them. Dont care about sports or much else just stoked on cars always for all time. She doesnt understand as most women dont which is ok cause I dont understand cats or reality shows... but is supportive which is one of the many reasons I love her!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
OP, just don't buy and sell them if it's going to piss her off. lol

I feel your pain but only when it comes to guns with my wife. She feels 1 is enough..lol

One of my friends is a gun collector. He has quite a few pistols and rifles. I asked him one day "just out of curiousity, how many guns do you have within your reach in the truck", and he named off 6 pistols. I asked "why the hell do you have that many with 2 hands"... and he looks over at me and says "it's quicker to just grab another one than it is to reload".... so then I said "where the **** do you go man?"... and he said "you never know". He made a valid point.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
OP, just don't buy and sell them if it's going to piss her off. lol

One of my friends is a gun collector. He has quite a few pistols and rifles. I asked him one day "just out of curiousity, how many guns do you have within your reach in the truck", and he named off 6 pistols. I asked "why the hell do you have that many with 2 hands"... and he looks over at me and says "it's quicker to just grab another one than it is to reload".... so then I said "where the **** do you go man?"... and he said "you never know". He made a valid point.

I know I will definitely keep the next one

whiplash306

Established Member
This is a dangerous game! Same as gambling hence were are talking about an serious ADDICTION!
Woman are sent for us from above, yeah laugh right now but the last laugh will be on me!
They are, some of them ...are not open for car addiction therefor they are more able to disect how far you can drown yourself, herself into dept!
Something need to be said here clearly:
Only because me or someone else here is rocketing with an 400+ HP car through the cities doesnt mean we have the same financial pressure as you.
Some of us allready payed these literally toy cars and we are not dealing with these kind of side effects like you..dept...higher payment.
Stuff like that is plain and simple stupid. Think it that way if you now start to drown yourself in higher dept...you will have it later on much harder to get yourself in track..financially speaking.
I hate it! I really hate it seeing young people, wonderful girlfriends and their boyfriends fighting about such idiotic things! At the end your freaking addiction can cost you your w(l)ife!
Seeing guys with terminators is a cool thing, I know that and dreaming of owning it is also a nice thing but man theres a point in life where you need to stand your man and grow up. Try to stand above all that SVT stuff and be happy with what you got. Believe me drive that thing( current ) a little longer, start saving and you will be able to safe up that money instead of getting ripped of by hilarious high interests.
Im known to be the banks biggest enemy...do it like me...and you will be a happy man for the rest of your life!

Alensvsix, I really appreciate your response to my post. However, I believe you might have read it a bit too quickly and perhaps missed the HUGE caveat that I very purposefully placed in there reference your extremely valid concern over debt.
whiplash306 said:
….so long as it does not compromise the family's financial stability...
I would NEVER endorse any member of the family placing their own personal interests above that of the financial standing and stability of the family as a whole. That said, I NEVER purchase ANYTHING for any of my toys on credit…except to collect the reward "points" and immediately pay it off without accruing any interest charges. (we pay our CC down to $0 EVERY 2 weeks….it's the 1st bill we pay).

14GT916

Established Member
A good wifey will stand behind your decision no matter what. My wife insisted that I wasn't getting a new Mustang. She had been telling me this for months. One day, I happened to be browsing at new Mustangs while getting a tire replaced. I ended up buying my Mustang. Called the wife and although she was initially pissed off, she got over it and supports my decision. She knows that if her man is happy, then so is she :). I also spoil the shit out of her as well. Lol.

Alensvsix

Established Member
Alensvsix, I really appreciate your response to my post. However, I believe you might have read it a bit too quickly and perhaps missed the HUGE caveat that I very purposefully placed in there reference your extremely valid concern over debt.
I would NEVER endorse any member of the family placing their own personal interests above that of the financial standing and stability of the family as a whole. That said, I NEVER purchase ANYTHING for any of my toys on credit…except to collect the reward "points" and immediately pay it off without accruing any interest charges. (we pay our CC down to $0 EVERY 2 weeks….it's the 1st bill we pay).

I did red it, and didnt missed an HUGE caveat, just wanted to clearly make an statement and also trigger your very clarifying response ;-)
Thats exactly what its all about Thank You!!!

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I think shes got a valid point. Get your priorities straight man. If you are having to sell cars for financial reasons, take some time off. Save up some money. That way you arent putting you and her in financial trouble.

Soldiers do dumb shit. Dont feed the stereotype by blowing money left and right on stuff you cant and shouldnt afford.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
I think shes got a valid point. Get your priorities straight man. If you are having to sell cars for financial reasons, take some time off. Save up some money. That way you arent putting you and her in financial trouble.

Soldiers do dumb shit. Dont feed the stereotype by blowing money left and right on stuff you cant and shouldnt afford.

Definitely feel you on this. I feel like sometimes I have to sell my cars but I don't all my cars were paid off except my terminator. But like you said it is better to save money to get something nice and either pay off or put a nicr down payment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread