Wife Just Don't Understand

Kiohtee

Established Member
Guys, OP is married. Some of the other users having similar problems are not. There's actually a huge difference.

I just can't see how your wife would be mad if you're always breaking even or profiting.

whiplash306

Established Member
Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!
WOW! Sincerely brother, you better get this figured out QUICK! For the absolute life of me, I do NOT understand why so many men allow their women to dictate their interests and hobbies, to such a degree as many of the stories that I read on this site suggest…..and vice versa for that matter. Support one another's hobbies with great fervor. KNOW that so long as it does not compromise the family's financial stability, each partner's interests may very well result in occasional monetary loss for the benefit of cont'd interest and immersion. Fair is fair, but be up front and honest. Otherwise, it WILL get worse with marriage!

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
WOW! Sincerely brother, you better get this figured out QUICK! For the absolute life of me, I do NOT understand why so many men allow their women to dictate their interests and hobbies, to such a degree as many of the stories that I read on this site suggest…..and vice versa for that matter. Support one another's hobbies with great fervor. KNOW that so long as it does not compromise the family's financial stability, each partner's interests may very well result in occasional monetary loss for the benefit of cont'd interest and immersion. Fair is fair, but be up front and honest. Otherwise, it WILL get worse with marriage!

Idc what she does with her money, if she wants to blow it on purses and that crap, go for it, whatever makes you happy! If it fits in my budget, there shouldn't be a single problem with what I want to do.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Idc what she does with her money, if she wants to blow it on purses and that crap, go for it, whatever makes you happy! If it fits in my budget, there shouldn't be a single problem with what I want to do.

But there is problem. And as long as there is you're gonna have a really tough time with this relationship. Nobody here knows the full story I don't guess, but it doesn't sound good from what we do know.

Good luck!

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Guys, OP is married. Some of the other users having similar problems are not. There's actually a huge difference.

I just can't see how your wife would be mad if you're always breaking even or profiting.

Yea man we made a profit on my cobra not a huge but it was a profit I am just gonna save a find me a nice one I can either pay cash or put a huge down payment on so my payments will be dirt cheap

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member

Nicly put

whiplash306

Established Member
But the fact remains, there "IS" a problem…..and that is a problem in itself.

Please know that my argument is certainly NOT with you. Instead, it's in your favor and coming from an experienced source. I wish you the absolute best as many of us have likely been where you're at. Set the standard now and build upon it from here, for the mutual benefit of the both of you!

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
But the fact remains, there "IS" a problem…..and that is a problem in itself.

Please know that my argument is certainly NOT with you. Instead, it's in your favor and coming from an experienced source. I wish you the absolute best as many of us have likely been where you're at. Set the standard now and build upon it from here, for the mutual benefit of the both of you!

Well we talked and she's concerned because I just got into my first house and everyone knows shot goes wrong at the worst time. Can't disagree with that! Its just that we did the same thing when I bought the mach!

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Well we talked and she's concerned because I just got into my first house and everyone knows shot goes wrong at the worst time. Can't disagree with that! Its just that we did the same thing when I bought the mach!

It is human nature to worrt perfectly normal. Especially when it comes to big change financially. I did the same thing withe cobra. If you have a steady income then just sit down look at ur finances add everything up and see if you can swing the payment. Cause in the end it is up too you man.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
It is human nature to worrt perfectly normal. Especially when it comes to big change financially. I did the same thing withe cobra. If you have a steady income then just sit down look at ur finances add everything up and see if you can swing the payment. Cause in the end it is up too you man.

Well I was planning on sitting still until I turn 25 to help insurance go down a bit. My birthday is in march which could work out well. Just in time for summer! I didn't mean to thread jack!

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Well I was planning on sitting still until I turn 25 to help insurance go down a bit. My birthday is in march which could work out well. Just in time for summer! I didn't mean to thread jack!

Its fine brother we both needed some opinions. I just don't want u to miss out on ur Cobra and resent your GF especially if you guys a pretty serious I. Cause my wife and I got into and she said she felt like I blames her cause I didn't get mine. Honestly a lil piece did and it sucked

whiplash306

Established Member
!

Its fine brother we both needed some opinions. I just don't want u to miss out on ur Cobra and resent your GF especially if you guys a pretty serious I. Cause my wife and I got into and she said she felt like I blames her cause I didn't get mine. Honestly a lil piece did and it sucked
I applaud your humility. VERY good attribute. You're a wise man!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Shes acting like women don't change their minds on a seconds notice.

This. How many shoes/purses etc does she own? :lol:

We all have our hobbies/vices. Just buy your Terminator. if she hates it so much she's not the one for you. :lol1:

Dragu1a

Established Member
I feel your pain but only when it comes to guns with my wife. She feels 1 is enough..lol

mine is ok with multiple guns, she's not a fan of the cobra though. she hates riding in it, hates how much time/$ i spend on it....she was never a car girl in general, but now i think she's just jealous. haha

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
This. How many shoes/purses etc does she own? :lol:

We all have our hobbies/vices. Just buy your Terminator. if she hates it so much she's not the one for you. :lol1:

The Spoken Truth

mine is ok with multiple guns, she's not a fan of the cobra though. she hates riding in it, hates how much time/$ i spend on it....she was never a car girl in general, but now i think she's just jealous. haha

There is always somthing to do on our cars

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!

Why is she arguing? You're not committed to her so your money is yours. You don't owe her a thing.

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Maybe you should listen to her before she packs her stuff and leaves. I'd be angry too if my wife was potentially making foolish decisions with our money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread