Wife Just Don't Understand

mjs1012

Established Member
My gf has no issues with the money or time I put into my car. Sometimes she even encourages it because she knows it's what I enjoy to do. On a few occasions I've thought about selling it to put towards something else but she tells me she'll get mad at me if I did lol. I've always had the long term goal of having a c5z and my camaro and she says she'll help me achieve that as long as it's electron blue. I guess she's a keeper lol.

She knows my hobbies and I know hers and were both supportive of what the other does which IMO is how it should be.

Last edited:

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Ms. Clio says.... Gf and him buy house (he just wants a garage),gf will make him change jobs, gf will want ring, gf will get ring, fiancé will make him get married, wife will make baby, wife will make another baby .... 4 years later still have same car that she hates just glad u got the headers and 4:10s instAlled already....

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Take this with a grain of salt because I've only been married for roughly two years, but I have been with the same woman since Junior year of high school.

Too often, especially now a days, people want instant gratification. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Many young married couples fall into disarray because either one or both parties can't let go of their selfish desire for instant gratification. This can cause resentment, jealousy and a whole host of other problems to develop.

The health of your relationship and that of your spouse should be priority number one. I'm not saying deprive yourself so the other half can get everything they want. I'm just saying their often times needs to be mutual sacrifice for the benefit of the marriage.

If your spouse is worried about money I would suggest she find employment. Not only will this bring in another income stream but will also give her opinions a little more authority and have her feel more legitimate when voicing her concerns. This will eliminate the whole "I'm the only one that works, so I can do what I want with my money" mentality. I would strongly advise you both sit down and make a plan for your future. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20, 50 years from now. Identify parts of your life and or lifestyle that supports or hinders those plans. Then make a road map of how you're going to achieve your goals.

If you take care in setting yourself down a good path now, even if it requires sacrifice by both or individual spouses, you will always have time to not only purchase those toys you've always wanted but be in a position to have the time to enjoy them and a loving spouse to share that enjoyment with.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Take this with a grain of salt because I've only been married for roughly two years, but I have been with the same woman since Junior year of high school.

Too often, especially now a days, people want instant gratification. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Many young married couples fall into disarray because either one or both parties can't let go of their selfish desire for instant gratification. This can cause resentment, jealousy and a whole host of other problems to develop.

The health of your relationship and that of your spouse should be priority number one. I'm not saying deprive yourself so the other half can get everything they want. I'm just saying their often times needs to be mutual sacrifice for the benefit of the marriage.

If your spouse is worried about money I would suggest she find employment. Not only will this bring in another income stream but will also give her opinions a little more authority and have her feel more legitimate when voicing her concerns. This will eliminate the whole "I'm the only one that works, so I can do what I want with my money" mentality. I would strongly advise you both sit down and make a plan for your future. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20, 50 years from now. Identify parts of your life and or lifestyle that supports or hinders those plans. Then make a road map of how you're going to achieve your goals.

If you take care in setting yourself down a good path now, even if it requires sacrifice by both or individual spouses, you will always have time to not only purchase those toys you've always wanted but be in a position to have the time to enjoy them and a loving spouse to share that enjoyment with.

I understand what you are saying. All this will be taken into consideration. Thanks for reading the post. Me and the wife have been together for 7yrs now married 5yrs of that. I have goals set for myself short term and long term. I definitely want to have time to enjoy my toys also.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!

You lost me at girlfriend

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I dumped a perfectly fine Lexus IS350 I owned for a year to jump into an ISF and my wife didn't say a peep.. even despite the fact that I took a decent loss on the trade. Guess I'm just lucky. :banana:

Good luck on the Termi hunt.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
I dumped a perfectly fine Lexus IS350 I owned for a year to jump into an ISF and my wife didn't say a peep.. even despite the fact that I took a decent loss on the trade. Guess I'm just lucky. :banana:

Good luck on the Termi hunt.

Thanks Bro

knight 64

SVT Power
Established Member
Friend

Wifes are a pain in the ass, enjoy your money before you have kids. Buy the Terminater and enjoy the sound of that blower. Get a chance to get on a back road and give her WOT. Enjoy the freedom of a tototally Bad a>> ride. You only live once brother.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Wifes are a pain in the ass, enjoy your money before you have kids. Buy the Terminater and enjoy the sound of that blower. Get a chance to get on a back road and give her WOT. Enjoy the freedom of a tototally Bad a>> ride. You only live once brother.

Hell yeah man. Actually looking hard at 11-13 5.0 or a Terminator. Either way an upgrade!

whiplash306

Established Member
Hell yeah man. Actually looking hard at 11-13 5.0 or a Terminator. Either way an upgrade!

This'll probably sound like blasphemy as I know you're after speed, but if I had to choose RIGHT NOW between an '03/'04 Cobra or Mach, after having owned both (and being a little older), I'd go Mach all day! That was the best, most well rounded, balanced and predictable Mustang I've ever owned.

….just personal opinion for the sake of discussion :)

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
This'll probably sound like blasphemy as I know you're after speed, but if I had to choose RIGHT NOW between an '03/'04 Cobra or Mach, after having owned both (and being a little older), I'd go Mach all day! That was the best, most well rounded, balanced and predictable Mustang I've ever owned.

….just personal opinion for the sake of discussion :)

Can't go wrong either way!

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member

Right On

jbs$

Established Member
Gentlemen, there are some things in life that you can never explain your need for, to a wife. These include; a new shot gun or most any gun for that matter, a new boat (size here is unimportant), a fast or sporty car or why you are joining another hunting club.
In all of these thing, unless you are using her money or income, just do it. Life is short, enjoy it, the noise will go away after a short period.

saleensc281

Established Member
My wife is a Mustang girl. She was glad to see me trade in my new truck on my Roush. She also understood when I had to find another older truck to use as a daily and tow rig....although did not understand why it had to be as big as a F250.

She also likes the idea of getting a boat, although I am not much of a water person..too many close calls.

I love her, she is awesome!

JP0814GT

Established Member
I can totally relate to the Wife not understanding. I've been married 10 years. I had our home built and told her the house was hers except the garage and my car & 4x4's she's always complained about the toys and modding hobby and i tell her before i do things that cost like build another Mustang then she complains more i do what i want regardless in most cases.
She always gets over it and come Christmas she and the kids give me Mustang or related gifts of my hobbies.
This tells me even though she nags she cares about me and allows me to be me. i do hate the nagging at times it's very annoying.
Some Woman just don't get the hotrod and man hobbies and never will.
Nor will i ever get spending a day or days shopping for clothes & shoes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread