Wife Just Don't Understand

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Gradual progression is totally understandable, and I hate that your girlfriend is with a known gear head and still doesn't support the hobby, but you're situation is a lot different than OP's, who keeps switching between things because he can't decide what he wants.

I gotcha. I just had to vent for a minute and found a relevant thread. I started with a '96 V6, '03 GT, '03 Mach, now I want a Terminator. It's just infuriating that it's never "oh okay sure have at it!" :nonono:

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
saw you were Lumbee and was fixing to ask if you were from Pembroke, then saw you said NC and then looked at your location, lol. work with quite a few guys at work who are from that area... Locklears, etc.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I gotcha. I just had to vent for a minute and found a relevant thread. I started with a '96 V6, '03 GT, '03 Mach, now I want a Terminator. It's just infuriating that it's never "oh okay sure have at it!" :nonono:

I hate that for ya man. It probably is in your best interest to find someone more supportive. I've went through four cars and two bikes and two motors and my wife just sits quietly. She gets rewarded too, but she understands who I am and what I like.

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
733815_643806809018154_251500532_n.jpg

So, so true.

nickf2005

Established Member
Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!

Continue saving your money until you can sell your Mach and have the cash difference to buy a Terminator out right. It's a lot better when you're not cutting that check monthly for a toy.

Furrytractor

Established Member
welcome to the world of being married and also a car guy. "How much have you spent on that car already? I thought you already bought an exhaust? What's this $300 paypal charge? I don't understand why you need tires more than once a year. It rides so rough. Why do you have to work on it again?" Just to name a few. Even if we think we are just regular badasses who think we can spend our own damn $$, most still abide by what the woman wants lol.
International-symbol-for-marriage1.jpg

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
So glad my GF loves my terminator. But she does track her triumph as much as possible, so maybe I got lucky ;)

Machdup1

Established Member
Tell her it is either the Cobra or hookers & blow. A man needs his toys, she can pick which one you get.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Divorce time.

Lol nah I love here to death

If you're losing money, especially large amounts of it, every time you decide to change your mind, then I don't blame her for being upset! Sure people change their minds a lot, but it doesn't usually cost figures rivaling car prices.

I haven't lost money on the items I have sold. I have broke even or made a couple thousand for my next purchase.

Well figured I would post this I like to other peoples opinion. So I am not just looking at it one side. Thanks for looking at the post

I assume your wife is with you in HI. If she is, and you sell your bike, how to you plan to get around there. She would need a car herself. Would you then have to buy a second car for yourself?

If your wife is back home in NC, it goes back to what will you use to get around if you sell your bike?

I bought a island beater for 1000 dollars I drive around island. She is here on island with I bought her a 2013 Durango earlier this year.

Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!

Same here man I have sold to trade up to the terminator. I had one but sold it and didn't need too.

saw you were Lumbee and was fixing to ask if you were from Pembroke, then saw you said NC and then looked at your location, lol. work with quite a few guys at work who are from that area... Locklears, etc.

My wife is from Pembroke area. I Live closer to Pinehurst, NC

welcome to the world of being married and also a car guy. "How much have you spent on that car already? I thought you already bought an exhaust? What's this $300 paypal charge? I don't understand why you need tires more than once a year. It rides so rough. Why do you have to work on it again?" Just to name a few. Even if we think we are just regular badasses who think we can spend our own damn $$, most still abide by what the woman wants lol.
International-symbol-for-marriage1.jpg
Definitely she is spoiled rotten man she gets all her wants and needs all the time cause I know I spend money when I want

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Maybe she thinks you need to grow up and get your priorities in order? Not trying to be a dick but that's how I see it as I know we're only hearing one side of the story. When I was in my early to mid twenties, cars were where all my money went. These days that isn't the case.

This make sense man. No offense being taken. I just want to stop wasting time and money and get into another terminator. I know this is what I want.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member

Yeah, she's overstepping her boundaries as a girlfriend there. Hell IRS won't even consider your incomes together so she has no say IMO. I'd consider that a red flag if she's already like that as a gf.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Yeah, she's overstepping her boundaries as a girlfriend there. Hell IRS won't even consider your incomes together so she has no say IMO. I'd consider that a red flag if she's already like that as a gf.

We are married and have been for going on 5yrs. It is hard because I am the only one bringing home income so the financial burden is on my shoulders. So I feel as I should to be able to do what o want as long as there is food and a roof over our head.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
We are married and have been for going on 5yrs. It is hard because I am the only one bringing home income so the financial burden is on my shoulders. So I feel as I should to be able to do what o want as long as there is food and a roof over our head.

There are limits though, although my post was mainly for 03SonicBlue since he has the girlfriend. It doesn't matter if you're the only income source, as a marriage you are legally a partnership. I would talk to her and ask what her qualms are, i somehow doubt the reason is "you change your mind too much". There's very likely more.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
There are limits though, although my post was mainly for 03SonicBlue since he has the girlfriend. It doesn't matter if you're the only income source, as a marriage you are legally a partnership. I would talk to her and ask what her qualms are, i somehow doubt the reason is "you change your mind too much". There's very likely more.

You are correct I have asked. She said she just wants me to be happy. Find a Cobra I like and keep it. She said that is the honest truth.

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Hey it's a girlfriend....girlfriends have no say so in your finances, she doesn't have a ring or anything so it's your money you can spend it how you damn well please.

Users who are viewing this thread