Wife Just Don't Understand

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
So I have made my mind up to save my dollars to get back into a Terminator. I am currently stationed in HI and I bought a motorcycle to get around the island. The traffic is crazy here. Well I purchased a Terminator and the end of 2012 I left for HI in February. I left my car back home in NC after a couple months with swinging two car payments I thought I needed to sell my Terminator. After I sold a couple months passed and I realized I didn't need to sell it. So now I want to sell my bike and put it toward my Terminator fund. My wife keeps getting pissed cause she said I change my mind a lot. My heart has always and will always be with the Terminator so I am going to get back in one. My wife just doesn't understand:nonono:

Kiohtee

Established Member
If you're losing money, especially large amounts of it, every time you decide to change your mind, then I don't blame her for being upset! Sure people change their minds a lot, but it doesn't usually cost figures rivaling car prices.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Maybe she thinks you need to grow up and get your priorities in order? Not trying to be a dick but that's how I see it as I know we're only hearing one side of the story. When I was in my early to mid twenties, cars were where all my money went. These days that isn't the case.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
If you're losing money, especially large amounts of it, every time you decide to change your mind, then I don't blame her for being upset! Sure people change their minds a lot, but it doesn't usually cost figures rivaling car prices.

This is true and I won't discount your point one bit. My thing is that if you buy a used Termi right and sell it half way decent you won't take a huge hit if at all. BUT that isn't the case all the time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I assume your wife is with you in HI. If she is, and you sell your bike, how to you plan to get around there. She would need a car herself. Would you then have to buy a second car for yourself?

If your wife is back home in NC, it goes back to what will you use to get around if you sell your bike?

nickf2005

Established Member
733815_643806809018154_251500532_n.jpg

Kiohtee

Established Member
Off topic: That's one of my friend's sons! Awesome to see it making it's round! He's also a 5.slow owner too! :p

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Got into an argument with my girlfriend last night because im considering selling my Mach to get into a Terminator. Shes pissed because my payment will go up. I don't run around at the bars, do drugs, or sleep around with other women so i should be able to do wtf i want with my cars. They'll never understand!!!!

Gradual progression is totally understandable, and I hate that your girlfriend is with a known gear head and still doesn't support the hobby, but you're situation is a lot different than OP's, who keeps switching between things because he can't decide what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread