Why is everyone selling..

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Just did a quick CarGuru’s search. Found a lot of high priced ones. Mostly collectors “mileage” like @SID297 had said previously in here. Even ones with 70k miles are posted for $32k. Granted that’s what it’s posted for, now what it will get. However you catch my point.
Most "average" ones are $25k on up. I think they're transitioning to more of a collector car at this point vs a bang for the buck car they once were. Performance wise, it's hard to overlook a gen 1 coyote with a blower.

LS WUT

Established Member
Most "average" ones are $25k on up. I think they're transitioning to more of a collector car at this point vs a bang for the buck car they once were. Performance wise, it's hard to overlook a gen 1 coyote with a blower.
I don’t have Facebook, so maybe on market place deals can be bad. I did find a 2004 Redfire with 81k miles for $18k. Seems suspicious to me. However that’s what can be had at times. What’s the price of a 11-12 coyote with a blower? I understand that. All of my cars but 1 is boosted. I’ve had a boosted coyote as well before I sold it.

I think best bang for your buck is a foxbody with a coyote swap, or even a terminator swap lol.

IA Shelby

Established Member
It's not really a terminator thing it's the whole market, all the speculators are jumping cuz the economy is taking a dump and everyone knows it. If you've been paying attention there's a bunch of deals on the market again, it's basically pre covid market.
“Basically pre-covid” - agree it is softening but that is a stretch. Some cars maybe but quality cars are still bringing 20%+ pre-covid levels. At least that has been my experience. I do expect that things will continue to fall back to normalcy.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My coupe will always be in my stable. However, my Vert will be sold one day.... I really don't need 2. Just kinda happened that way :D...

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I thought about selling multiple times, but I know I'll never find another one like the one I have.

I've played the game of building them and selling them off. They are too expensive now LOL.

I think the reason for the uptick in for sale ads is the current price they are pulling. I remember paying 19k for a 30k mile sonic blue. That's probably like a 35-40k car now. People that wanted these cars 20 years ago but couldn't afford them now have good jobs and don't mind paying a premium for something nice.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I also agree that with these cars it’s not easy to get into the 9’s like @Tezz500 had said. If your goal is to get into the 9’s I can imagine that would make me want to reconsider it as well. I just think for the price difference between an average 03/04 cobra versus an average S550 GT500 is maybe $60k or so? I’m not to versed into pricing on those cars. I just mean with the $60k difference you could probably get into the 9’s however at what cost? You’d obviously lose drivability while remaining comfortable with your slurpee like you had mentioned haha.
If (when) I decide I want more power I'm pretty sure it won't be in the Cobra. I know guys have made them faster, but like you said, you start losing drivability. IMO I'm on the cusp of being a little dangerous. A lot more platforms are way more stable at higher power levels. I get a lot of people enjoy the analogue feel.

My daughter has become interested in the 2019 Bullitts and me being the supportive dad I am I looked through Procharger's website just in case she needed options. They're talking about mid 600's on pump gas with the basic kit. It's hard to argue with that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
from strictly an all out performance, least amount of hassle standpoint I've seriously considered selling my Mach 1 many times. It would be a significant cash layout for an S550 + blower that I just cant seem to justify.

Being the original owner of my car and taking very good care of it, should I sell it I know there's zero chance in hell of getting another one as clean and well cared for.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Just did a quick CarGuru’s search. Found a lot of high priced ones. Mostly collectors “mileage” like @SID297 had said previously in here. Even ones with 70k miles are posted for $32k. Granted that’s what it’s posted for, now what it will get. However you catch my point.

You're going to see the market segment out pretty quickly into basically 3 categories: over-priced clapped out junk, very well cared for and tastefully modded cars selling for strong prices, and high-end auction level collector examples. That's the vast majority of the Fox market now. IMO, the Terminator market will be there shortly. Coyote cars have supplanted it as the easy to mod fast car for Ford enthusiasts.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
You're going to see the market segment out pretty quickly into basically 3 categories: over-priced clapped out junk, very well cared for and tastefully modded cars selling for strong prices, and high-end auction level collector examples. That's the vast majority of the Fox market now. IMO, the Terminator market will be there shortly. Coyote cars have supplanted it as the easy to mod fast car for Ford enthusiasts.
I agree. The Terminator in 10 years will be like that 93 Cobra that just sold for 65K.
Maybe less but thats my guess

01yellercobra

Established Member
from strictly an all out performance, least amount of hassle standpoint I've seriously considered selling my Mach 1 many times. It would be a significant cash layout for an S550 + blower that I just cant seem to justify.

Being the original owner of my car and taking very good care of it, should I sell it I know there's zero chance in hell of getting another one as clean and well cared for.
Being the original owner definitely makes the decision harder. One of the reasons I won't sell is because I'm not sure I could find another one that I wouldn't have to sell a body part to be able to afford. And I don't really want to start over. If I get something else to go faster it will be in addition to the Cobra.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I agree. The Terminator in 10 years will be like that 93 Cobra that just sold for 65K.
Maybe less but thats my guess
Agreed. As I mentioned already, they're moving to collector car status now and will sit in garages and show up for cars and coffee events. If you want to go fast, there are much better options now.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have to wonder about some people who become unhappy with their current car because it isn’t the newest example, and isn’t a “faster” car that can get into 9’s or whatever. I would venture to guess a lot of those people have never even been to a track and the only real thrill driving they do is a little chirp of the tires leaving on a green light.
My cars are fast enough to keep me enjoying the drive when I’m in them. Any other car I could dump them for would only do the same thing.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I have to wonder about some people who become unhappy with their current car because it isn’t the newest example, and isn’t a “faster” car that can get into 9’s or whatever. I would venture to guess a lot of those people have never even been to a track and the only real thrill driving they do is a little chirp of the tires leaving on a green light.
My cars are fast enough to keep me enjoying the drive when I’m in them. Any other car I could dump them for would only do the same thing.
Id venture to say its a ridiculously low number of people that track theire cars. even lower when you consider cars that are actually worth taking to the track... and even lower when you consider people that have no ****ing idea what theyre doing at the track.

Any reasonably good driver with a mild bolt on Termi is gonna enjoy the **** out of that car.

Hell Ive been considering another toy once I get the S550 where I want it and all signs keep pointing to the past.

Maybe another Gen1 Lightning or a Foxbody I can Yote swap... Newer isnt always better thats for damn sure.

Users who are viewing this thread