Why is everyone selling..

ZiaRunner

Established Member

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member

01yellercobra

Established Member
I made a joke post about selling mine over the weekend since I had the blower off. A couple people were shocked, but I had someone ask how much I wanted for it.

prs97

Established Member
With way too little garage space than I would like, I keep mine in a nearby storage facility.

I hate thinking about how much I'm racking up to store it every year but I love the car too damned much to let go.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I can't stand these damn car flippers, just keep pricing people out of the market.
The car flippers are doing it because people are stupid enough to pay the price, if some idiot offered you 10K over what you just paid for a car you would be crazy not to take their money. It’s the same as ADM, if everyone refused to pay ADM and walked away, dealers wouldn’t be adding it.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
The car flippers are doing it because people are stupid enough to pay the price, if some idiot offered you 10K over what you just paid for a car you would be crazy not to take their money. It’s the same as ADM, if everyone refused to pay ADM and walked away, dealers wouldn’t be adding it.
That is true, whatever the market pays is what it's worth. I'm just being salty because I missed my chance to get another Cobra before the prices went bananas.

LS WUT

Established Member
I feel like when the used car market was going bonkers and cars were selling for a big chunk. A lot of cars came out of the woodworks in hope to sell for a big number. They had that short while where a bunch of YouTubers got geeked up on them and that probably drove prices up a little bit due to them being more noticed. However now the markets got a bunch of them, and dealers or flippers buy them cheap and list them high in hopes they’ll make a huge profit. Perfect example being that sonic blue that was sold on hemmington with 24k miles for $32,400. It’s posted for $59,400. It’s just getting out of hand for people who have low mileage cars and are getting lowballed by ass bags and then they post them for thousands more.

finewhineenthusiast

I feel like when the used car market was going bonkers and cars were selling for a big chunk. A lot of cars came out of the woodworks in hope to sell for a big number. They had that short while where a bunch of YouTubers got geeked up on them and that probably drove prices up a little bit due to them being more noticed. However now the markets got a bunch of them, and dealers or flippers buy them cheap and list them high in hopes they’ll make a huge profit. Perfect example being that sonic blue that was sold on hemmington with 24k miles for $32,400. It’s posted for $59,400. It’s just getting out of hand for people who have low mileage cars and are getting lowballed by ass bags and then they post them for thousands more.
This exactly! The guy put new tires on it and plugs in the drilled bumper and now its worth $60k. WTF. I kind of wonder how long he can carry it at these higher rates before it turns into a losing situation. A mystichrome with 17k miles sold to a dealer on BaT for around $47k if i am remembering correctly and now they want like $90k!!!

LS WUT

Established Member
This exactly! The guy put new tires on it and plugs in the drilled bumper and now its worth $60k. WTF. I kind of wonder how long he can carry it at these higher rates before it turns into a losing situation. A mystichrome with 17k miles sold to a dealer on BaT for around $47k if i am remembering correctly and now they want like $90k!!!
The sonic blue cobra I wanted to buy sold on hemmington to a dealer. 1 owner 24k miles $32k. Dealer who bought it has it posted for $59,990. Heroin is a big problem for dealers I think.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
You can ask what ever you want for a car, that doesn’t mean you are going to get any where near your asking price but there are folks out there that are willing to pay big bucks for the right car. look at the auction houses, admittedly nice cars but they sometimes sell for stupid money. People see that on tv and suddenly that old piece of crap in the garage gets a wash and wax maybe a tuneup and oil change and it hits the market for double what it’s worth. Along comes Mr Deep Pockets and says just what I have been looking for, had one as a teen, gotta have it and pays far more than its worth. No one said this hobby is cheap. You can also pick up some nice cars for far less than they cost to build, that doesn’t mean they are going for cheap though. Not a chance I could recover what I have into mine but I knew that before I started on it, no intention on selling it .

finewhineenthusiast

You can ask what ever you want for a car, that doesn’t mean you are going to get any where near your asking price but there are folks out there that are willing to pay big bucks for the right car. look at the auction houses, admittedly nice cars but they sometimes sell for stupid money. People see that on tv and suddenly that old piece of crap in the garage gets a wash and wax maybe a tuneup and oil change and it hits the market for double what it’s worth. Along comes Mr Deep Pockets and says just what I have been looking for, had one as a teen, gotta have it and pays far more than its worth. No one said this hobby is cheap. You can also pick up some nice cars for far less than they cost to build, that doesn’t mean they are going for cheap though. Not a chance I could recover what I have into mine but I knew that before I started on it, no intention on selling it .
fair points... i like to believe that every time an enthusiast sells their car to another enthusiast instead of a dealer, an angel gets their wings. :)

Users who are viewing this thread