why do people make things harder?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
dog, your killing me here. :lol:

in 2002, i had a 10.5 cr NA motor built. Then I added a novi 2000 to that motor. It never detonated, but it blew out the spark constantly and didn't run great for a bunch of reasons. From there, i said F it and put 17cc dished pistons in it. the cams are the same ones put in from the NA motor.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
green99_svt said:
i agree with ron, doing the avi intake was sweet at the time no one had one working on any of these boards. it felt great working with him and others on getting our cars running with a piece that no one has ever used before. it was great to share all of our info and see 3 cars run on an intake that was said to not be possible to use in the matter of about 3 days of eachother. basically the point of this forum is to help people with the mods they have chosen. to get them working on the car without problems. i come to this board to help others with thier cars. people dont need to be told what mods they should go after. if they see something they want to do try to help not tell them it cant be done or shouldnt be done.

hey Ron check out my new one liner by my avitar. lol
Hey Andy, it was fun, wasn't it? btw I just got my new lid back from the welder, its a bit rough right now, but a little smoothing and some type of high temp filler (bondo?) and this thing will be rockin :banana: :rockon: :pepper:

duane v

Established Member
quadcammer said:
dog, your killing me here. :lol:

in 2002, i had a 10.5 cr NA motor built. Then I added a novi 2000 to that motor. It never detonated, but it blew out the spark constantly and didn't run great for a bunch of reasons. From there, i said F it and put 17cc dished pistons in it. the cams are the same ones put in from the NA motor.
looks like you have been doing a bit of cough cough choke "reinventing of the wheel" yourself :-D ...But nothing wrong in doing that...Could you imagine if the wheel had never been re-invented???? We would be sitting at rock quarries waiting for our tires to be chiseled out of bed-rock :-D

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
cobraracer46 said:
Before limited slip diffs, there where "open diffs". Open diffs and posi rear ends both allow the rear wheels to turn at different rates while negotiating a turn. In simplified terms, the posi differential has a torque bias built in to it via worm gears or clutch packs so power is transferred to the wheel with the most traction. A spool is a solid connection and has no differential action so both rear wheels turn at the same rate at all times. Since the rear wheels must turn at a different rates when negotiating a turn, a spool has no place on a street driven car.

Neither does a solid axle, yet Mustangs come with them.

The point is there was time when wheels used spools. We survived somehow with them. Duane V isn't the only person to comment that a spool isn't that bad on the street. Since they HAVE experience, and you don't, who are we more inclined to believe?

Would I put one on my DD? No, but then I'm not a hardcore drag racer and willing to make some compromises for a few more .1s. But I will also not completely write them off without ever having driven a car with it. How much time does a 'street car' spend turning? 5%, 2%?

01cobrasouth

01cobrasouth
Established Member
a friend of mine had a spool in his street car when he wanted to turn he just turned his front wheels and got on it so it would slide otherwise his turning radius was about 75 feet

Fourcam330

Established Member
LOL, no comment other than that I've personally witnessed a 24/29rw corrected gain on an '01 Cobra (stock longblock with shortys, pulleys, CAI, and O/R X) solely from the FR500 cam/VT kit. Gains would have been higher but the stock runner length intake killed the fun @ 6300rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread