Why do I want a Viper soo bad???????

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Viper V10 = glorified UPS truck motor.

Sent from my jebus phone

That analogy seems to have caught on, but when was the last time you heard a gas UPS truck, let alone one that sounds like a Viper.

The GenI/GenII Viper sounds drastically different than the Gen III/IV.

There is no comparison between the comforts, ride quality and build of a Z06 vs. the Viper. Power and handling are a closer comparison, with the Z being the faster car stock to stock in the hands of the same driver. For the rest of us, both are quick.

For me? I've been in so many high HP Z06s that I was just looking for something different.

2003 Silver

Banned
Or a Corvette that has the same radio, climate controls and light switch as a Cobalt.....

Not sure on that one....even, if so the dodge interior items look befitting entry level cars...no where near what should be in a viper. Can't say the same thing for the chevy items. I own both brands: Jeep SRT-8 and Zo6...;-) so I am not biased either way.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
I rented one once for 24 hours in Las Vegas. Suffice to say, I was very impressed with the power, torque, and handling.

Everything else I wanted to throw out the window. The thing was just uncomfortable, totally unrefined, a wide car to drive, and other stuff.

They are cool, but I would never own one.

Having said that, your neighbor owns one and will let you drive it. There you go, all the fun stuff without the expense of paying for one.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I think its the primitive piece of the car that I like.

I like Z06's but I keep looking more and more into Vipers. Everybody has a Vette in Fl.

Formula51

Established Member
Count me in the group that wants a Viper BAD. I like it for the rawness and uniqueness, well that, and the fact I grew up drooling over them. The prices really aren't too bad these days for a used one, just got to make sure it hasn't been wrecked as there are lots of those out there.

Demonicbird00

10 second club
Established Member
i know what you mean, im really itching to get a viper as well, i love the gen II gts and styling, but then it lacks the gen III power, so im on the fence of a 01/02 gts or a 06 coupe. good luck if you decide to get one!

-brandon

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
The car has far from perfect build quality but I just can't imagine letting mine go.

The viper design is so awesome. It is one of the best looking cars on the planet. Anyways... these people who complain about shifter location, they must be short, or have small arms/hands... or they may not know that the seats are adjustable. Especially in mustangs.

My favorite car's are the 1969 fastback mustangs, Ford GT40, Ferrari F40, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, 1994-1998 mustangs, and Dodge Vipers.

So yeah SniperDog... get the Viper if you can afford it, and please don't put a car bra on it.:)

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I'm sure plenty have had the opportunity to experience a viper. I got to rip threw mid fourth few times in a stock 05 rt vert and it was beastly but Dead Eyes car is of course in a whole different level of badassness. Cammed turbo built viper w proper exhaust would be a tough one to beat imo

TORQJNKY

The viper design is so awesome. It is one of the best looking cars on the planet. Anyways... these people who complain about shifter location, they must be short, or have small arms/hands... or they may not know that the seats are adjustable. Especially in mustangs.

My favorite car's are the 1969 fastback mustangs, Ford GT40, Ferrari F40, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, 1994-1998 mustangs, and Dodge Vipers.

So yeah SniperDog... get the Viper if you can afford it, and please don't put a car bra on it.:)

Abosolutely, that's why it's great to have choices. There are so many badass cars out there I would love to own, the Viper being one of which I have and didn't particularly care for. If it's what you desire and you can foot the bill, by all means, give it a try, it might be exactly what you hoped it would be or it won't. Just enjoy it, whatever it is. :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm thinking about a used 2011 V6 Mustang to have unbridled fun with and also embarrass expensive cars on track and you are thinking about a freaking VIPER!!!

Getting a point by from cars that cost three times as much ROCKS and yes I've done it. It will be a little tougher with a V6 though.
I seem to be going the opposite direction than you OP.
But I need less tire and brake pad consumption, while still being very fun and faster than an STI and many others.

Terminator stays for street fun.:rockon::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread