Why do I want a Viper soo bad???????

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
They are defiantly some head turners! Anyone who says they don't want one is probably lying or jealous.

That's not true. They're a very polarizing car. Either you like the barebones design or you don't. I would never buy a GenII after having driven one, but I gave the GenIII a chance. It's a shame because I think the GenII is one of the top 5 good looking American cars of all time.

Viper = Neon? We tuned my Viper this past weekend and one of our scan tools we use to datalog.... the Viper's computer came up as a "Neon L4" engine!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
They are defiantly some head turners! Anyone who says they don't want one is probably lying or jealous.

Ummmmm no, I'm jealous of all the Ford GT owners. I've never been a fan of Vipers. I would drive one given the opportunity but I will never own one.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I think its the primitive piece of the car that I like.

I like Z06's but I keep looking more and more into Vipers. Everybody has a Vette in Fl.

+1.

There are more Vettes here than v6 mustangs.

Love the looks of the Viper, just don't care for the quality of the car.

Rochard

Established Member
My old boss had a Viper. Horrible car. Drives like a go cart, impossible to get in and out of, and you burn yourself getting out. Pass.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
After burning the shit out of my calves getting out of my uncles SRT10... no thanks.
Fun as piss! Primitive, brutal, and straight to the point. It's like a girl who just goes for the junk with her face. It's fun and all, but afterwards she takes up the whole bed and farts worse than you do.
And after the calves incident, I no longer lust after that car.
If you got that kinda money, go with a modded C6Z or heck go for a GTR.
Never been in the latter, but from what I've heard they are about as much fun as you can have in a car. aside from blowing through a cornfield at 90mph in a buick.... ah high school!

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
The more I am away from his car and the more I hear from you guys about it, the more I am thrilled to have the car I have.,., :beer:

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
Cute Photoshop. :lol1:

Here's the real thing...:p

minielviracropped.gif

Last edited:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
head turner yes. But......what happens when you buy one, then a sexy, built twin screwed terminator on E85 and or turbos blows pasted you in that awesome viper.

just something to think about. :)

maybe it is just where I am, but most guys in vipers are old, drive them like they are old, and they dont have them modified. Id much rather be the guy in the crazy built cobra that sounds amazing, is payed off, and looks just as good IMO!!!

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have to say that I would certainly not turn one down if I got a decent price on one. For $80k plus, though, there are many other cars I would own first. I have only driven one Viper, and it was one of the early RT-10 models. We rented a couple of cool cars while on Maui many years ago, and that was one of them. It was a lot of fun, and torquey as hell, but I hated the turning radius more than anything I have ever driven. It was like trying to negotiate a schoolbus when in a tight parking lot. I have to say that the picture Dead Eye posted is definitely up my alley, though.:rockon: I have already owned one bare bones race type car ('65 Cobra replica), and while it was faster than anything I have ever driven, the bare bones nature does get old after awhile. That's what I really like about my Terminator, it is faster than most cars I will ever run into on the street, rides super, and has just enough creature comforts to keep me happy, especially now that I installed an indash GPS headunit.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
My old boss had a Viper. Horrible car. Drives like a go cart

You know, that whole go-cart thing is usually listed as a pro, not a con...

A Viper is an enthusiast's car. No Vette, Camaro, Mustang etc will ever turn heads like a Viper. Yes, it's rough. Yes, it's raw. It's completely brutal. But, that was pretty much the whole point :shrug:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You know, that whole go-cart thing is usually listed as a pro, not a con...

A Viper is an enthusiast's car. No Vette, Camaro, Mustang etc will ever turn heads like a Viper. Yes, it's rough. Yes, it's raw. It's completely brutal. But, that was pretty much the whole point :shrug:

That would be the point for me if I were rich and could afford MANY high dollar cars. Then I could take a break from the well mannered cars and jump into something a little crazy from time to time whenever I felt like it. BUT, I am of course not rich and lust after better 'all-arounders' that are so popular. That is the reason why I love my Cobra so much. It's a practical impractical car (ha).

Last edited:

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
lol at the people thinking that the viper is a looks only car. The viper has set many records and out performs most cars on the track. As for moddability, the sky is the limit with these cars. The only real complaint is build quality but it's bulit well enough to stay that way. The drivetrain is stout. If you're going to toss all of its accolades aside and judge this car based on its dash then considering yourself a car guy is seriously questionable.

Users who are viewing this thread