Why do I want a Viper soo bad???????

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
you can have it, they sound like dog shit. Gobs of power, but sound like ars.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
There is something about them, even though they ride horrible, are totally impracticle, and seem like every rich guy with a midlife crisis has to own one. The ACR's are pretty sweet, and there are a bunch out there that dealers are looking to get rid of.

ssssnake

Established Member
My neighbor put a cam in his 03 viper and took me for a ride.,.,it is badddddassssss!!!!
I want one sooo bad,.,., but I don't want any debt :( he is getting his tune this week and says I am driving next time:dancenana: but then I will only want one that much more :bowdown:.,., I am trying to show self control.,.,. can I afford one.,.,..,. sure.,., will my wife be thrilled with the idea.,.,.,..,,.., not exactly lol

what's a guy to do :shrug:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my dream car. It's not logical, I'd have to keep my car for daily driving, and that is a lot of money, but it's fine. :burnout:

cobra_mer

Established Member
There is something about them, even though they ride horrible, are totally impracticle, and seem like every rich guy with a midlife crisis has to own one. The ACR's are pretty sweet, and there are a bunch out there that dealers are looking to get rid of.

+1 to the ACR's they rip corners up! Look at this list of production car times around the Nürburgring (Nordschleife) in Germany. even though I am a Ford man all my life it is nice to see an American car at the top of this list:

Nürburgring lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
:lol:

I love the looks of the vipers, but I hate the interiors. I drove a SRT10 and hated where the shifter was located.

where else would they put the shifter? :shrug:

you can have it, they sound like dog shit. Gobs of power, but sound like ars.

I will try to get a vid of his car, it sounds sick :rockon:

XtraTQ

Established Member
Looking forward to hearing it. Is it a Greg Good head/cam package?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know, but I'm right there with you. I know they're impractical, ride terrible, and would probably be the worst semi-DD I could buy, but damn I want one.

Well said Kat. I guess it's just one of those cars that most of us lust after but few will ever own for all the reasons you stated. If I was wealthy, I would definitely have a Viper resting in my 6 car garage. A cammed Viper at that. LOL!

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I thought the same thing a couple months back....

732684504_photobucket_24388_.jpg

So I got one.

Put exhaust, intake and a tune on it this past weekend, made 472/517 SAE RWHP. Definitely no comparison to my Cobra in a straight line, but it's a lot of fun otherwise. I test drove a 996TT and I've driven dozens of C6Zs, but I chose the Viper. Personal preference, wanted something different and brutal.

Oh and the shifter location? It sits right where my hand is when I'm in a relaxed position. Couldn't be better. It's not like the awful shifter location in my Cobra where I have to get out of my seat to reach 3rd.

TORQJNKY

I bought an 04 SRT-10 with 2400 miles on it a few years back because I had the same short term disease you're experiencing. I had the car 4 months and sold it. It's a very primative car, rides terrible (like a go-cart), the interior is very cheap, the drive train is very noisy and I quickly learned I wasn't a big fan of the exhaust note. For the money, the car simply isn't built the way you would expect it to be.

I have a friend who has a Copperhead Edition Viper. We took a friend of mine along on a cruise one weekend. He rode in my buddies Viper to our destination, then rode in my Z on the way home. Without even asking him, he commented on how much nicer the ride and overall quality the Z06 had over the Viper. He said the Viper was like riding in a rattle trap and it was noisy as hell compared to the Z.

Bottom line, if you want looks, get the Viper. But that's all you'll get for your money IMO.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I bought an 04 SRT-10 with 2400 miles on it a few years back because I had the same short term disease you're experiencing. I had the car 4 months and sold it. It's a very primative car, rides terrible (like a go-cart), the interior is very cheap, the drive train is very noisy and I quickly learned I wasn't a big fan of the exhaust note. For the money, the car simply isn't built the way you would expect it to be.

You said it right there, I have this feeling every year or so.,.,., and then I come out of it with a "what was I thinking" feeling lol .,., You think I would learn :nonono:

2003 Silver

Banned
better question is, why do you want the same radio, climate controls, and light switch as a dodge NEON?

I could not wrap my brain around this also....same interior parts on a $90k are on most of the car/trucks in Dodge's lineup. That's why I stayed away.

Coiled03

Established Member
I can't understand why people are so fascinated with them. Aside from the somewhat radical look, there's nothing else about the car that's even remotely appealing to me.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I've never been a Viper fan. They look decent enough but I just wouldn't be able to get past all the negatives, especially the way they sound. If I was going to take a step up I would go for a new ZO6. I would also be looking at the '11 GT500's.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
About a little over a year and a half ago i had the chance to buy a full built 99 Viper, and i should have but i got the M3 instead.... believe me when i say it was cammed and it was NASTYYYYY the girl who was my **** puppet almost crapped herself when we took it for a test drive, dumb bitch talked me out of getting it :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread