Why do Americans think America is the greatest country in the world?

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
It would be un-American to say it's not the best. So I won't. America is the BEST!

I have lots of family in Canada and I visit at least once a year. Great place to visit, I would not live there though.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
If you are judging a nation collectively, based on a limited interaction, you are shortsighted and have a limited or warped understanding of what America has been, and is. Why is America the greatest nation? Because despite our seeming inability to mind our business at times, America has collectively set the standards of global industrialization, commerce and inguinuity. America has been a safe haven for individuals of many races and creeds for hundreds or years. America has laid the tools at the feet of millions of immigrants seeking safe harbor, prosperity and a chance at freedom through liberty, and our constitutional principles.

Despite what twisted tales me be told, the blood of Americans has been spilled across vast stretches of the earth, fighting for the freedoms of others. America has never turned her back and has always lent a hand to those is need, whether militarily or monetarily.

Sure we have our defects, sure Americans aren't perfect, sure the system is flawed on may different levels. Yet when push comes to shove, you would be hard pressed to find an American that will not stand up and fight for what is right, whether here or abroad.

Freedom, opportunity, history. The apologist can get bent. If you even have to question it, stay home.

I didn't judge America, I asked why American's believe America is the greatest country on the face of the earth. I very specifically stated that it was a generalization and that I wanted people to show me the other side of America. The intellectual side not the crazy redneck side that is portrayed by the media.

You answered my question very well thank you! :rockon:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
It would be un-American to say it's not the best. So I won't. America is the BEST!

I have lots of family in Canada and I visit at least once a year. Great place to visit, I would not live there though.

I don't believe that it would be Un-American to question whether your nation is the best or not, I believe it would be more American to question everything so that you can get a broad understanding to make a better conclusion about whether or not it is the "Best Country" in the world.

I would have to agree with you about Canada though, there is a lot of crap that we have to deal with up here….

Last edited:

ibleedblue65

Established Member
It's hard to see someone elses point of view when your head is so far up your own ass. ****ing canadians always got something to say. Eat your ketchup potato chips and stfu.

WOT 88

Established Member
I didn't judge America, I asked why American's believe America is the greatest country on the face of the earth. I very specifically stated that it was a generalization and that I wanted people to show me the other side of America. The intellectual side not the crazy redneck side that is portrayed by the media.

You answered my question very well thank you! :rockon:

Point taken, but I didn't intend the opening sentence to be specifically aimed at you. More or less meant for individuals that judge based on limited interaction.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Point taken, but I didn't intend the opening sentence to be specifically aimed at you. More or less meant for individuals that judge based on limited interaction.

No problem, that's exactly why I stated it was a broad generalization :rockon:

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Who the f*** eats ketchup chips… They're nasty as f***…

Lol I was hoping you would see the humor in that. I used to room with some hockey players in college that were canadian. They would talk smack on america all the time even though they lived and went to school here. I just learned to give it right back. I'm not going to try and justify my patriotism to someone who will never get it. It's all in good fun though, no hate towards canada.:rockon:

Last edited:

ademily87

Established Member
If you are judging a nation collectively, based on a limited interaction, you are shortsighted and have a limited or warped understanding of what America has been, and is. Why is America the greatest nation? Because despite our seeming inability to mind our business at times, America has collectively set the standards of global industrialization, commerce and inguinuity. America has been a safe haven for individuals of many races and creeds for hundreds or years. America has laid the tools at the feet of millions of immigrants seeking safe harbor, prosperity and a chance at freedom through liberty, and our constitutional principles.

Despite what twisted tales me be told, the blood of Americans has been spilled across vast stretches of the earth, fighting for the freedoms of others. America has never turned her back and has always lent a hand to those is need, whether militarily or monetarily.

Sure we have our defects, sure Americans aren't perfect, sure the system is flawed on may different levels. Yet when push comes to shove, you would be hard pressed to find an American that will not stand up and fight for what is right, whether here or abroad.

Freedom, opportunity, history. The apologist can get bent. If you even have to question it, stay home.

Beautifully put. :beer:

And to the op,

gtfo, frenchie.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Lol I was hoping you would see the humor in that. I used to room with some hockey players in college that were canadian. They would talk smack on america all the time. I just learned to give it right back. I'm not going to try and justify my patriotism to someone who will never get it. It's all in good fun though, no hate towards canada.:rockon:

:rockon:

However I believe that is where we are different in a way. I'm wanting to listen to what you have to say to justify how you feel about America and hopefully learn more about what makes you so patriotic. That't the whole point of this thread, so that I can learn from you guys first hand!

Beautifully put. :beer:

And to the op,

gtfo, fenchie.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

It's frenchie and I hate those damn Quebec bastards too!!!

Last edited:

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Living in Okinawa Japan, I fully understand that America is 1000% better even if the yen is more valuable than the American dollar. Not to me, because you lack so much freedom here that there is basically no point in doing anything with your money here. I've saved so much money though...LOL. I never thought I'd see so many beggars in my life until I was stationed here.

America has so much more freedom... hardly anyone realizes it until they have actually lived outside the country. America is absolutely the best country in the world.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Because Obama /thread

Sent with my Massive Johnson

SteveChris

Established Member
I think honestly the reason he has met the bad apples is because places like New York and Jersey are so close to him and those people tend to be a bit more ornery compared to the south where life is slower.

Are you kidding me?
New York and Jersey would have way more people open to other countries and how good they can be.
The whole 'merica &^%$ YEA! close minded mentality is down south.

I like Canada, went to Mont Tremblant last winter and it was awesome!
Used to go to Toronto for work and I always enjoyed it.

peteypab2133

Established Member
I think its because we can choose to destroy a whole country and rebuild it to our likings?

Plus NHRA is pretty bad ass. Show me a car that has been copied in china has 7,000 HP and runs 3 second 1/4 mile times (1000 ft for the nerds)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
I think its because we can choose to destroy a whole country and rebuild it to our likings?

Plus NHRA is pretty bad ass. Show me a car that has been copied in china has 7,000 HP and runs 3 second 1/4 mile times (1000 ft for the nerds)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1320 FT actually :rolling:

Edit: I looked up 1/4 Mile in Feet on Google and it brought something up about the NHRA wanting to change the 1/4 mile to 1000 ft. So I guess you're right!

I feel that is a sort of poor reason. That more so why America is the most powerful nation not the best. However Military Strength is a big factor to why people (American's) seem to like/fear (people outside of America) America so much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread