whos from wisconsin????

Wild Stallion

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
I actually think this would be great move for what ever gas station would take on the expense of finding a supplier for 100 octane unleaded, since I have yet to find a gas station that supplies this in WI.
I say we make a motion to bring 100 octane unleaded race gas into Wisconsin.
I think there is a station in slinger near slinger speedway

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Josh Nickelsen said:
I'm from Plymouth WI. As you can see i don't have a Mustang but I like alot of different cars. Clubvenom, I see your from Sheboygan. What color is your car? I think I might have seen it. It would be fun to meet up this spring.

My car is a silver one. I haven't seen your car around here though. Nice '99 by the way even though its not a SVT and welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
So hows bout it Smokey 1226. Would ya put in the word on some 100 octane unleaded race gas?
actully im working on it right now guys. My dad and mom have kinda given me full run and im talking with shell and what not about getting a pump put in on the side for some race gas. We have a lot of people looking for it. And Yes we are the one right by the Day care. Stop in and say hi. Only problem is i think they said it would cost us 10-20k to dig put in a tank, wire it to the computers. But my dad is kinda excited for it so were hopeing sometime this summer. Ill keep you guys updated.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Wild Stallion- are you sure its UNLEADED race gas they sell in slinger, if so what is the supplier/station and intersecting roads? I'll check it out some time soon and post up on it for everyone who wants to know.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Smokey 1226- That is awesome!!!! unleaded 100 oct. here we come!!! Hey here's an idea, use paper flyers and advertise it. :idea: Make it a weekend mini car show if your able to get access to a vacant parking lot near by. Take the flyers to local car shows in the area and put them in the show cars. Yet there's one problem, your soooooo far away for me, but what the heck 100 octane is worth the drive in my book. MORE POWER HERE WE COME!!!:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Were trying man, and actully we have quite a few car shows within 10 miles of our station so we could draw in a big crowd. Not only that but with all the snowmobiles right now and im a big dirtbike/fourwheeler guy and we have a lot of racers around my area so they are all looking for somewhere to pick up some racegas.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
4saken- the steel valve guides are more wear resistant than the bronze ones when the valve moves up and down in them. Thus the steel ones would seem to be the more logical way to go, but racers use the steel guides because the cam lobes they run arc the rocker arms to the point that the rocker arm center over the valve tip is to far to the edge of the stem center. Thus this puts a greater load to the inside wall of the valve stem and requires a greater wear resistant valve guide (for longevity of the motor). Now on a mod motor the finger followers (rockers arms) are pushing down on the valve stem at a much lesser arc, thus the wear is not as great. But yet there will always be wear. If you put in a good quality alloy/bronze guide (bronze/ manganese) you shouldn't need to put in steel ones, but the steel ones would be the best route to go.
Hope that helps.

4Saken

Established Member
:thumbsup: Thank you, makes more sense that way..Car should be done in two weeks its sounding, and no more cp pistons ....going with diamond.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
actully im working on it right now guys. My dad and mom have kinda given me full run and im talking with shell and what not about getting a pump put in on the side for some race gas. We have a lot of people looking for it. And Yes we are the one right by the Day care. Stop in and say hi. Only problem is i think they said it would cost us 10-20k to dig put in a tank, wire it to the computers. But my dad is kinda excited for it so were hopeing sometime this summer. Ill keep you guys updated.

dude, do it old school and put up a small above ground tank and use a wood stick for your inventory. and just stick it from up top.
if your serious about it i can look into it on my end too.
I also work for Shell. I do maitenence for a bulk terminal and i work close to some of the guys that are way high up on the shell food chain.
we may even have a tank to sell you guys for cheap.
shoot me a pm if you want.
or email me at
[email protected]
J

Last edited:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
BTW guys our Station is a C-store full groceries, Full deli (everything is fresh and made by us) Schmidt's Country Gas N Go, Wind Lake Wi!

My dad called Dick from shell (owns 6 shell stations and is a top dog in the food chain) were waiting to hear back from him. I have a few questions though because we are noobs with this whole race gas thing i have a few questiosn that maybe you guys can answer (my dad told me do some research so help me out)
1) What octane is the best given a reasonable price. i think 100 octane would be about perfect because your not paying out your a$$ like c16.
2) Some guy told me today that you can't pump it right into your car tank???? You have to pump it into a gas can and then put it in that way?!? I thougth that was only with c16-avation?
3)Leaded or unleaded race fuel?

Were waiting to hear back but we have a lot of people locally that want it as well. And i mean a LOT! So if we can get some figures together and everything is a go we will put it in.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
BTW guys our Station is a C-store full groceries, Full deli (everything is fresh and made by us) Schmidt's Country Gas N Go, Wind Lake Wi!

My dad called Dick from shell (owns 6 shell stations and is a top dog in the food chain) were waiting to hear back from him. I have a few questions though because we are noobs with this whole race gas thing i have a few questiosn that maybe you guys can answer (my dad told me do some research so help me out)
1) What octane is the best given a reasonable price. i think 100 octane would be about perfect because your not paying out your a$$ like c16.
2) Some guy told me today that you can't pump it right into your car tank???? You have to pump it into a gas can and then put it in that way?!? I thougth that was only with c16-avation?
3)Leaded or unleaded race fuel?

Were waiting to hear back but we have a lot of people locally that want it as well. And i mean a LOT! So if we can get some figures together and everything is a go we will put it in.
I would say unleaded 100 octane. I don't know about the "can't pump it directly in thing" though.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
yellowbra said:
I would say unleaded 100 octane. I don't know about the "can't pump it directly in thing" though.

The same here, 100 octane UNLEADED. Good race octane for the price.

The reason for unleaded:
The oxygen sensors will get contaminated with LEAD in the gas and not read correctly. LEADED gas is for cars NOT running O2 sensors. I have 110 octane leaded race gas up here, but I will not run it due to the O2 sensors in my cobra. Plus the wideband O2 sensor I run is used for tuning the engine (A/F ratio). If that goes bad, so does my tune, and then its bye-bye engine.

As for the "You can't pump it into your cars tank" statement....... the 110 octane leaded race gas up here is a self serve, PUMP IT YOUR SELF type pump. I pumped it in my other cars tank straight from the pump without any issues from the stations clerk. I have also seen other autocross cars pump it into their tanks directly from the pump.... although those cars were on trailers (could be termed as a gas can fill?) Out on HWY 100 in milwaukee there is a 76 station that sells leaded race gas and numberous times I have seen hot rods fill up thier in car tanks at the pump. Unless your county/city regulations prohibit it, I think you will be OK. Besides who is going to watch the pumps 24/7 .... the pump police and then fine you for it? If it is prohibited for an induvidual to fill it right into their car BY LAW, then wouldn't there be a warning sticker on the pump stating so? :dw: I NEVER SEEN ONE :dw: !!!
Just my thoughts.

later

Last edited:

4Saken

Established Member
Up here in Green Bay we have to do the gas can thin....well depends on who is working..

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
as far as im concerned i really dont care if they pump it in or into a gas can. But if im going to get a fine ill make sure they pump it into a can. The only problem im having is a guy was saying that with a lot of the older cars due to not running 02 sensors he tries to get leaded race gas only. Well then all of the newer sports cars that come through wont be able to fill up? I think overrall 100 would be perfect and like i told the guy its not going to hurt your engine and anything above 93 is only going to better it.

4Saken

Established Member
Yes I agree 100%, we talk about it all the time up here...wish we had something going up, you guys are very lucky.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
The lead in any grade gas is just used as a lubricant, cooling, and cushion for the valves on older cars that don't have the hardened exhaust valve seats inserted in the older style heads. Tell them old farts to upgrade to hardened exhaust valve seats and be done with it or (DUH!!!) add a lead substitute in the gas tank when they fill it with unleaded (thats what I did on my old truck)... also tell them that the unleaded race gas is not going to have the 10% ethanal blend so common around here. That might also be a concern to them.
Stick With UNLEADED... there are going to be more computer O2 sensor cars produced in the future and not the old style LEAD ONLY GASOLINE engines.

There is always going to be the diehards for leaded gas.

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
100 octane unleaded all the way.

there are a couple palaces i can think of in the racine and milwaukee market that already have leaded stuff.

the reason your suppose to dispense into a fuel can instead of your car is to many people that cant handle race gas put it into thier car and they burn stuff up and a week later they are coming back on the station saying thier car is knocking.
so putting up that sign takes the liabilty off you.

J

Wild Stallion

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
Wild Stallion- are you sure its UNLEADED race gas they sell in slinger, if so what is the supplier/station and intersecting roads? I'll check it out some time soon and post up on it for everyone who wants to know.
Yah I talked to my Friend who owns a BP here in Theinsville (trying to get him to carry 100 unleaded) but he told me E H Wolf and Sons Inc. in Slinger carries 100 at a pump. I always knew you could buy 100 octane by the drum from them but was not aware that they also had a pump. If anyone is curious and wants to call here is their number (262)-644-5030. I know where i am fueling up my S/C 'stang.:burnout:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
there is anouther staion just west of GLD that sells race gas but im not sure what octane.
there needs to be a website of all the race gas stations.

J

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Just called E H Wolf and Sons and YES they do sell 100 octane unleaded at a pump and also by the drum. To get there take HWY 41 to HWY 144 exit then continue toward slinger you'll go thru some stoplights and their PUMP is on the left hand side just after the railroad tracks. The gal I talked to says "Don't quote me but the price I think is around $5.74/Gal. And you can pay credit card at the pump."

Wild Stallion thanks for the info. Everyone keep posting any information as to locations of race gas (especially 100 unleaded) at any location in Wisconsin, no matter if its Wis. Dells, Eau Claire, Madison etc.

Race gas stations list:

E H Wolf and Sons- Slinger, WI.
On Hwy 144
100 octane UNLEADED

Stop n' Go - Elkhart Lake, WI.
West of Hwy 67 an CR A or Main St.
South side of road.
110 octane LEADED

Wind Lake- Future Summer/Fall of 2007
100 octane UNLEADED

Union Grove - Unknown at this time

Last edited: