whos from wisconsin????

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Thought i might come in and say hello to everyone. To you guys going to marv for your rebuilds how much does he charge for something like that. Cause i am thinking about rebuilding my bottom end in the future. Will be putting on my whipple H/o in the near future it's just sitting there right now mocking me.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I'd say give him a call. I would hate to give you a quote and then be surprised with the actual estimate. 262-993-6605 is his shops number. As for me, I do most of my own work. The only things I leave to the professionals is the machining/cylinder boring work.

yellowbra

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
Yup, that was me, the insane tire blazing no traction 03 cobra that went against the 99 cobra. This year DR's are on the list. No more freebies. Man that 99 hooks. If I could have hooked the same I think that would have been a close race. Got to love it......Racing a cop but not getting a ticket!!!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: To bad all cops weren't as cool as he is.:coolman:
I know quite a few cool cops but, hes the only one that is into cars. So you were the one with the comp. Orange right or the silver one. I was the one with the yellow 04 that had suspension problems at the time so thats why i didn't race but, you all know that that cobra is long gone.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
I'd say give him a call. I would hate to give you a quote and then be surprised with the actual estimate. 262-993-6605 is his shops number. As for me, I do most of my own work. The only things I leave to the professionals is the machining/cylinder boring work.
yeah i know marv that is where i get my tunning done. i was just curious as to how much he was charging you guys. And i will talk to him when i take my car in to get it retuned after the whipple goes on.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
The Silver one bro..... Was there a comp orange Cobra there too? I must have forgot about that one. Did he race also? Was he also modded, if so with what mods?

So did you ever figure out what the suspension problem was on the 04 cobra? It would have been nice to see yours run also.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
The Silver one bro..... Was there a comp orange Cobra there too? I must have forgot about that one. Did he race also? Was he also modded, if so with what mods?

So did you ever figure out what the suspension problem was on the 04 cobra? It would have been nice to see yours run also.
yea the comp orange had a pulley and a IRS brace thats all i knew. I took the cobra to the dealership and they said it was bushings. They fixed it and then i had a few more problems after that and took it back and said it was a tie rod. But, then after that it was golden.

EDIT: Oh and i think he had a CAI intake as well.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Woot, just wanted to let you guys know if your ever traveling south on Highway 36....stop at the Shell In Windlake...We own it and carry lots of v-power :D Plus were mustang owners as well. 02 and 66

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Wild Stallion said:
Thought i might come in and say hello to everyone. To you guys going to marv for your rebuilds how much does he charge for something like that. Cause i am thinking about rebuilding my bottom end in the future. Will be putting on my whipple H/o in the near future it's just sitting there right now mocking me.

$2200 for machine work tear down the engine reassemble and check the heads over.
give or take a few hundred. the 4V are kind of a pain to get timed, so prices may vary.

and depending on what is all found it may cost more.

that is not including any parts.

J

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
Woot, just wanted to let you guys know if your ever traveling south on Highway 36....stop at the Shell In Windlake...We own it and carry lots of v-power :D Plus were mustang owners as well. 02 and 66

which one?
wind lake?

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Get some 100 octane UNLEADED race gas at your store and your station will be loaded with hot rodders. I wish I could get 100 octane unleaded in wisconsin. All I have up here is 110 leaded race gas at a local station.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
ClubVenom1 said:
Get some 100 octane UNLEADED race gas at your store and your station will be loaded with hot rodders. I wish I could get 100 octane unleaded in wisconsin. All I have up here is 110 leaded race gas at a local station.
that would be great i'm out there all the time.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
its close enough for me .
I would buy the 100 octane if you were to get some.
most of the race gas we get in south east wisconsin comes from est chicago/ argo area. unless the madison gas terminals have it

yellowbra

Established Member
no_slow_svt said:
its close enough for me .
I would buy the 100 octane if you were to get some.
most of the race gas we get in south east wisconsin comes from est chicago/ argo area. unless the madison gas terminals have it
I would buy it too. I already put nothing but 93 in mine anyways so why not 7 more octane.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I actually think this would be great move for what ever gas station would take on the expense of finding a supplier for 100 octane unleaded, since I have yet to find a gas station that supplies this in WI.
I say we make a motion to bring 100 octane unleaded race gas into Wisconsin.

4Saken

Established Member
Does any one know whats better steel valve guides or bronze?? 03 cobra with 04 heads ported

Z28ENVY

Established Member
I'm from Plymouth WI. As you can see i don't have a Mustang but I like alot of different cars. Clubvenom, I see your from Sheboygan. What color is your car? I think I might have seen it. It would be fun to meet up this spring.

Users who are viewing this thread