who is the best tuner and why?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Unleashed...you're spot wrong. Here's the short version of the whole story. Since both have been named in he several times I'll use names.
I purchased from Evo everything in my signature, including the tune and dyno and them install EVERYTHING. I don't give a rats ass who is at fault. I spent over $20k someone needs to fix it! The fact that Evo said to call Lund myself is where this issue is with me.

I shouldn't have to worry about coasting in neutral around a turn and FN thing stalls! Doing 60 coming off the NJ Parkway in traffic and it stalls is not my fault, but I sure has become my problem! The car is now unsafe to operate. And all I want is the car to idle.... It's that too much to ask? I don't give a shit who tuned the fastest Mustang ever. The same guy hasn't responded to my issue tomorrow is a full week and my car won't idle properly. Is that party of the tuners rep too? Is he too busy.. She sounds like it. Hopefully others will realize when they a need a tune what they should consider.

I'm done here! Thanks again to all for your insight. Much appreciated

Lund Support Request

I'm assuming that you have been using this method to contact Jon and his team? I ask because a local friend has been using this method without any problems with response time. All collaboration has been in a private forum between my friend and the tuner. I even added his datalogs for him today.

have you opened any tickets in the lundracing website? thats what i have used to get in touch with them.

That^

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
incase anyone wants to know my pal a non forum kind of guy got his Paxton installed at xxx shop and in person dyno tuned by lund..1 week later he shopping for a new motor..kind of scary huh..i know everyone is going to ask so here is the mod list it was a stock block, stock pulley Paxton 2011 mustang proper fuel mods and all...so there is a pattern here guys..

BTW this was recent..

:pop:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
incase anyone wants to know my pal a non forum kind of guy got his Paxton installed at xxx shop and in person dyno tuned by lund..1 week later he shopping for a new motor..kind of scary huh..i know everyone is going to ask so here is the mod list it was a stock block, stock pulley Paxton 2011 mustang proper fuel mods and all...so there is a pattern here guys..

BTW this was recent..

Another one bites the dust to add to the list of most blown engines by said tuner.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This is a bold claim. Can you please post a link to this information?

Not really a bold statement as it is a fact. Also I'm not gonna do your homework for you but ill give you some hints. The information is very easy to find. Search button is your friend along with google.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Call Justin @ VMP tuning for your Roush TVS tunes he has been tuning these cars from the start and he has them figured out. I don't know much about AED but from what I have heard and read on these forums he is a good tuner also.

I agree 100% and he has more R&D on the TVS setup than anyone. Very good on the auto tunes also, have never needed a revision.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Rick@Amazon was one of the very first tuners way back years and years ago to offer remote tuning to his customers who don't have the option of a reputable dyno tuner in their area.
When working remotely via email verification by datalogging specific parameters and getting AF readings should always be done. We have always insisted on verification no matter what the set up is and always will.

Always verify.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Rick@Amazon was one of the very first tuners way back years and years ago to offer remote tuning to his customers who don't have the option of a reputable dyno tuner in their area.
When working remotely via email verification by datalogging specific parameters and getting AF readings should always be done. We have always insisted on verification no matter what the set up is and always will.

Always verify.

Thats exactly how it should be done.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I'm not going to engage in the "who has the best tune" debate, but AED's customer service is unmatched. Shawn sent me a tune at 11PM on a Saturday night as a reference point.

Previous to AED, I had a tune provided by a certain large tuning house, and it was a PITA to get tune updates.

RusWolf

Established Member
I had a very good experience getting dyno tuned by AED and support after the tune so far was good as well.

If Shaun will treat me with the same good service i will be his customer for future tunes as well.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
I run a VMP tune. I give the tune an A but their customer service an F. It takes months for him to get back to you and frankly I've grown tired of it. He told me in an email I could use a small tweak which I question but failed to email me the tune. When I asked him what possibly needed to be tweaked I get no answer.

Established Member
first tune I was running was a steeda and it F###nd sucked car would stall everywhere, now Im lund tuned the car runs good but a lot of people lately have been recommending AED some of them are previous lund customers, does anybody have had this happen? going from lund too AED and see significant improvement
my car mod list
MBRP full exhaust from headers back
Boss intake
Accufab TB
JLT cold air
6M
car made 418whp on a day with 40% humidity
too me it seems alittle low but not sure

mhyjek

Established Member

BTW this was recent..
So what went with his motor? Ie #piston, rods, what afr when it happened what dyno#s did he get before the failure. Not trying to flame u just want to no more info. Thanks Mike

Vic2186

Established Member
So what went with his motor? Ie #piston, rods, what afr when it happened what dyno#s did he get before the failure. Not trying to flame u just want to no more info. Thanks Mike

Piston 5 n 7 went to heaven
Word was it was a rush tune/job not good in my books when the hourly labor is $120!!

11dsgGT

Established Member
Tuning these cars is personal preference because most people daily drive their cars. With an auto I haven't been able to find a perfect tune from my driving style. I always had a problem with general driveability (upshifting or downshifting) or not fast enough. Ive had BBR, Amazon, Fastlane and AED tunes. The Amazon was a dyno and had the best driveability. I am currently running an AED tune because my car runs the fastest on it, but the driveability is lacking. I am probably going to head over to JMS or JPC for a nitrous/dyno and be done with it.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Tuning these cars is personal preference because most people daily drive their cars. With an auto I haven't been able to find a perfect tune from my driving style. I always had a problem with general driveability (upshifting or downshifting) or not fast enough. Ive had BBR, Amazon, Fastlane and AED tunes. The Amazon was a dyno and had the best driveability. I am currently running an AED tune because my car runs the fastest on it, but the driveability is lacking. I am probably going to head over to JMS or JPC for a nitrous/dyno and be done with it.

Have you had revisions from shaun on the auto tune? And explain what you want it to do?

PhillyLS1

Established Member
There are many good tuners, however geographically it's not always possible to get to some of these guys. Me? I refuse to do a mail-order tune. It ain't happen'n. Here are my opinions on tuners on the East Coast:

If you're in Eastern PA/Jersey take a ride to JDM.
If you're in Maryland/NOVA Woodbine or Revolution.
If you're in VA Excessive Motorsports.

Users who are viewing this thread